Couple questions from beginner

• Hello guys,
    I hope I can make this thread to ask some questions that I have from playing the game for couple hours. (About 6)

1. I really like Javelin. I’ve unlocked the last one but I have a question: Is there a mechanic I am missing, or does the shield bug out quite often? Sometimes I just press the shield button after walking or mid fight or whenever and it just decides not to go up. I have to spam click it second time after I realise it didn’t raise and by that point I am usually dead. What is up with that? I don’t have this problem with something like knight or when I am not wielding Javelin.

2. Latency. I open the TAB button and look at my ping. It’s usually between 20 and 50 (I choose servers based on ping), but sometimes it seems like my ping is 1200. It just spikes, people teleport. I get a kill for swinging nowhere or somebody gets me. This happens on servers where people complain about this but I have no idea how to indentify it, since the pings for everyone seems fine.

3. How do you kick a person? Yesterday night I was playing and some douche kept attacking me since the beginning. I had no idea how to vote kick, so my best idea after the second time he spawn-killed me was to kill me before he does that. Right after I killed him somebody voted a kick for me and I got booted. That made me angry.

Thank you

1. I play as a knight, so I have no idea :)

2. Without more server information or knowledge of your connection it’s hard to say. Most 64 player servers will have lag, if that’s where you were playing. But provided you have a good connection, lag shouldn’t be a problem in any normal size server.

3. You need to open the console (~ key) and then type “votekick playername” (without quotes obviously). You then get asked to confirm, so you need to type “confirm 0” to initiate the vote kick. DON’T abuse this as so many people do. Only use it on chronically team killing players who are obviously ignoring the objective.

• To answer your question about buckler “shield”. This thing is crap. I wouldn’t rely too heavily on it blocking anything.

Anyway, when reloading, if you are hit once, you (for some weird reason) can’t raise you shield for a bit. You’re pretty much dead.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or meant to happen, but it sucks. Javs are hard to use and they are not newbie friendly at all. Hell, they’re not really veteran friendly :lol:

• Lately I’ve been getting lag spikes. My ping is around 50-60 and I get little teleports and weird stuff happening. This is on official servers too.

• Yup. I have stable 60Mbit connection so I get low pings and still I teleport on some servers.

The buckler seems to be utter crap, yes.

Thanks for the answers Guys. I have another question:

How to deal with kills not counting towards unlock? I wanted to unlock some weapons today and three times none of my kills are counted towards it. It was stuck on 14 for my hammer or 68 for my bow. Either way, nothing changed no matter how many kills I got. Then I booted the client and it worked for 6 kills and then it stopped again…

• @Poky:

How to deal with kills not counting towards unlock? I wanted to unlock some weapons today and three times none of my kills are counted towards it. It was stuck on 14 for my hammer or 68 for my bow. Either way, nothing changed no matter how many kills I got. Then I booted the client and it worked for 6 kills and then it stopped again…

Some servers don’t have weapon progression enabled. Make sure to play on official servers if you want to progress in unlocking weapons. Also, if you quit or are disconnected the kills you got won’t be counted, I believe. So make sure to stay until the end of the game.

• In regards to votekicking someone, you can also click “tab” to get the scoreboard, and then “B” to get your mouse to unlock. Then click the person whom you wish to votekick and click the votekick button the bottom left.

• Hi there,
    @Poky:

1. I really like Javelin. I’ve unlocked the last one but I have a question: Is there a mechanic I am missing, or does the shield bug out quite often? Sometimes I just press the shield button after walking or mid fight or whenever and it just decides not to go up. I have to spam click it second time after I realise it didn’t raise and by that point I am usually dead. What is up with that? I don’t have this problem with something like knight or when I am not wielding Javelin.

In fact the buckler isn’t crap for what its worth, although it does cover up too much of your screen when raised, compared to kite shield.
    What you’re experiencing is related to one of javelin bugs. The game behaves weirdly after using a thrown weapon. Including ballistas and catapults. Switching from and back to it should usually help.

@Poky:

1. Latency. I open the TAB button and look at my ping. It’s usually between 20 and 50 (I choose servers based on ping), but sometimes it seems like my ping is 1200. It just spikes, people teleport. I get a kill for swinging nowhere or somebody gets me. This happens on servers where people complain about this but I have no idea how to indentify it, since the pings for everyone seems fine.

Server hiccups. An issue either on the server’s software or hardware end. (I’m inclined to think its the former.)

• In the current biuld the javelins buckler shield isn’t bugged. Bit if you throw a jav it takes 10 years for you to be able to use your shield again.

Next patch makes It a lot better. As soon as you grab you the jav you can block. At the moment its a soon as the jav is in the normal position. Its not actually a bug but a bad mechanic that they have made better. In the upcoming patch of course.

Though knives and throwing axes are bugged.