C:MW Online Profile/Customization Tools

• Hello everyone!
    I hope you all enjoy my ideas or concepts, they focus on customization, an aspect that is quite important when we want to achieve a more personal MP experience.
    If you have any comments or add. suggestions, please feel free to create your own topic.

1. MP Player Profile Menu
    -Accessible from the main menu
    -View-able statistics & misc. stats (K/D,Wins/Losses… Accuracy, dmg. dealt/received, and so on.)
    *An EXP bar or a mechanic able to track rank progression that is displayed in this menu.

2. Tabard Customization
    -Accessible from the MP player profile menu.
    -Used only for FFA, DUELS or JOUSTING**
    -Basic Heraldic Symbols (2-D decals(Dragons, horses, unicorns, eagle, shield, crossed-swords and so on.))*UNLOCKS BASED ON VETERAN STATUS/ITEM RANK
    -Multiple layers of decals (4 or 5 to keep it simple.)*UNLOCKS BASED ON VETERAN STATUS/ITEM RANK
    -Multiple Colors, Patterns, Linings (Reds, Blues, Argyle patterns, trim colors)

3. Veteran Equipment /Additional Veteran Equips
    -Veteran Shields (…add gold trim)*UNLOCKS BASED ON VETERAN STATUS/ITEM RANK
    **3a. SHIELD EDITOR (using in-game decals and patterns)
    -acssecible from the MP Player Menu
    -all in-game shield types available for editing
    -NO CUSTOM DECALS, NO IMPORTING
    -Includes standard heraldry (**DECALS (Animals, Crowns, Crosses, Chevrons and so on…))

Examples: https://www.google.ca/search?q=medieval … 20&bih=993

-Veteran Armor (…add gold trim)UNLOCKS BASED ON VETERAN STATUS/ITEM RANK
    -Veteran Weapons
    * (Could be any number of factors to unlock(Kills/Deaths/Dmg Taken and so on…))*UNLOCKS BASED ON VETERAN STATUS/ITEM RANK
    *one unique weapon for each weapon type available.

Thank you for your consideration.
    These suggestions come from my own experience playing online FPS & RPG Games. I feel that customization is important to more than just myself and others. It is a tool to express everyone’s individuality.

**JOUSTING THREAD
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8936

• @Incanatrix:

1. MP Player Profile Menu
    -Accessible from the main menu
    -View-able statistics & misc. stats (K/D, Games Won/Losses…and so on.)
    -Friends List
    *Maybe an EXP bar or a mechanic able to track rank progression that is displayed in this menu.

I’m completely against it! In Battlefield 3, I was always just looking on my K/D ratio to get it over 1 and I hate it! It was more playing for my statistics instead for fun. So I’m very happy that doesn’t exist in Chivalry. Just play, have fun, no fighting for stats!

@Incanatrix:

2. Tabard Customization
    -Used only for FFA, DUELS or JOUSTING**
    -Basic Heraldic Symbols (2-D decals(Dragons, horses, unicorns, eagle, shield, crossed-swords and so on.))*UNLOCKS BASED ON RANK
    -Multiple layers of decals (4 or 5 to keep it simple.)*UNLOCKS BASED ON RANK
    -Multiple Colors, Patterns, Linings (Reds, Blues, Argyle patterns, trim colors)

3. Veteran Equipment /Additional Veteran Equips
    -Veteran Shields (…add gold trim)*UNLOCKS BASED ON RANK
    **3a. SHIELD EDITOR (using in-game decals and patterns)
    -acssecible from the MP Player Menu
    -all in-game shield types available for editing
    -NO CUSTOM DECALS, NO IMPORTING
    -Includes standard heraldry (**DECALS (Animals, Crowns, Crosses, Chevrons and so on…))

Examples: https://www.google.ca/search?q=medieval … 20&bih=993

-Veteran Armor (…add gold trim)UNLOCKS BASED ON RANK
    -Veteran Weapons
    * (Could be any number of factors to unlock(Kills/Deaths/Dmg Taken and so on…))
    *one unique weapon for each weapon type available.

I’m for more customization, but I would like when there were also a way have a custom look in the team modes, so if someone has an idea please present it.
    But I’m completely against unlocks based on rank! No excessive playing for getting cool.
    Consider players with a real life ;) (somebody told me they are exist =)

• Thank you for commenting, I would like to say that i do agree with you in the way the K/D ratio can be a little depressing but only if we focus on it. For example one way i forget about K/D r. is I consider them a learning experience not a negative feature in which you should be judged upon.

There are those who play competitively, this is what the MP Player Profile Menu is all about.
    It is simply a database of your stats.(that may or may not even be accessible to other players viewing) Just a personal log of your own game-play.

Kraltorrik said;
    “But I’m completely against unlocks based on rank! No excessive playing for getting cool.
    Consider players with a real life (please don’t take it personal, it’s just a joke =)”

If we remove the pre-reqs. for unlocks then what makes it special anymore… If you don’t have time to play or play less often as others, then don’t complain about progression. Understand that everyone progresses at a different rate and that those people expect rewards or other forms of media to acknowledge their rank status as opposed to others. Just as in “real life” you expect to be awarded in some way for your time and effort.

Thanks,
    Incan

• @Kraltorrik:

I’m completely against it! In Battlefield 3, I was always just looking on my K/D ratio to get it over 1 and I hate it! It was more playing for my statistics instead for fun. So I’m very happy that doesn’t exist in Chivalry. Just play, have fun, no fighting for stats!

I am with you 100% here man. I agree completely. Without it makes it more fun. I find LESS rage (even though i see it in this game still) then I do in BF3 due to this I think. I enjoy this not being all about competing. If it mattered I would find myself having less fun because it would be in the back of my mind. Honestly I also do NOT want to hear people talking/whining about their stats, that shit is annoying and I get enough of it in BF3 as well. I also agree that we need more customization which we are getting and It would be nice to see it tied to achievements or some type of reward outside of rank, k/d ect.

• @Amuffinattack:

@Kraltorrik:

I am with you 100% here man. I agree completely. Without it makes it more fun. I find LESS rage (even though i see it in this game still) then I do in BF3 due to this I think. I enjoy this not being all about competing. If it mattered I would find myself having less fun because it would be in the back of my mind. Honestly I also do NOT want to hear people talking/whining about their stats, that shit is annoying and I get enough of it in BF3 as well. I also agree that we need more customization which we are getting and It would be nice to see it tied to achievements or some type of reward outside of rank, k/d ect.

I totally agree with you, I guess we will have to wait and see. The concept of a stat type screen would be nice, how about only being able to view kills? not deaths…anyway, I guess we will have to let the devs decide on this one.

All I want to outline with my suggestion is a mechanic where i can view past history related to my character, the games I’ve played and the ability to browse weapons or classes without having to be in a match.

• What the shoul have is a win/lose ratio. Then people would focus more on the winning part and work as a team.

FFA and duel mode would be excluded from this ratio.

• @lemonater47:

What the shoul have is a win/lose ratio. Then people would focus more on the winning part and work as a team.

This is a good alternative I think. K/d in this game means NOTHING, I will get bad k/d’s because I am playing the objective, rushing into 4-5 guys to buy the guy on the ram another swing. K/d is pointless when its objective anyway. We would see even more of in influx on defense because people just want to see those good k/d’s. However a stat pages that focuses on W/L wouldn’t be bad at all.

• @Amuffinattack:

@lemonater47:

What the shoul have is a win/lose ratio. Then people would focus more on the winning part and work as a team.

This is a good alternative I think. K/d in this game means NOTHING, I will get bad k/d’s because I am playing the objective, rushing into 4-5 guys to buy the guy on the ram another swing. K/d is pointless when its objective anyway. We would see even more of in influx on defense because people just want to see those good k/d’s. However a stat pages that focuses on W/L wouldn’t be bad at all.

TOTALLY agree.

• @Hadron:

@Amuffinattack:

@lemonater47:

TOTALLY agree.

I agree with all of you. I only mentioned K/D because at the moment its really the only counter we have. What I mean is that kills and deaths are tracked on the scoreboard and the prerequisites for unlocking weapons, is kills.
    To elaborate, FFA & TDM are “designed” as “victory decided by the(team or player) most kills”. This is the determining factor, so eliminating a counter for K/D would be pointless, unless that’s all you focus on. Personally, I do not, it’s just a game after-all.
    Now, TO (Team Objective) type games that’s where i agree with the idea of having some kind of mechanic involving W/L. I totally agree with that. Play the objective. Most players aren’t aware of this.

• It’s a nice idea, everyone would love more customs and stats, we must say that,for example, wotr has a wonderful “custom kit”, just that sadly, chivalry has a wonderful gameplay and a helmet for the player customization…

• @Satiro88:

It’s a nice idea, everyone would love more customs and stats, we must say that,for example, wotr has a wonderful “custom kit”, just that sadly, chivalry has a wonderful gameplay and a helmet for the player customization…

The devs have said they’re likely going to bring in more customization.

• Hope that will be more than some helmets

• @Satiro88:

Hope that will be more than some helmets

They’ve said likely emblem customization.

• I’m very excited to see what happens in the future with this game,. :D