LOCKED? AGAIN? REALLY?

• Thread locked again unbelievable…… Thanks mods…
    What is more important than finding out a possible hidden exploit and defending one’s honor?
    hmm no bias here…
    guess I am guilty in the MODs eyes as well…

Here is the original post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8983

Even though you cannot post there. Please feel free to download and test the tweaked INI files as they may give you better performance in game. They may also be the source of a slight speed boost. This is what we need to find out. SO please help if you can.

• Calm down Rets, it may have just been for pruning or investigation.

Posting topics about locked topics about locked topics just creates clutter, we really don’t need it. Leaving this one for now but it will get moved to the Trash, and don’t have a flip about that, again we don’t need duplicate topics.

If your topic is just LOCKED it may be to cull arguing or while it’s under review, people can still see and read it so no need to again make ANOTHER topic linking to the same bloody thing.

Again I’d you have a question, pm one of us, we can check the mod logs, ask the relevant person and advise. (p.s, I haven’t already done this because I’m using my phone and very ill, and you decided to ignore previous advice given on this, and instead create more work).

• I think you are too quick to lash out at people who say you are cheating, because you are. It doesn’t really matter if you are doing it purposefully or not, you have an unfair advantage over other players.

Now that’s not to say I think you are some evil person in need of banning but I do think that continuing to play with this going on is quite simply, cheating.

• Retsnom,

Don’t worry about cheating accusations. There is little you can do to prove yourself not cheating, people make up their minds using flawed logic and refuse to change it. Take it as a badge of honour, people are saying you are playing so good that it seems like you are cheating. Sweet. You know you are not, your clan knows you are not.

As someone who has been very successful in competitive gaming (back in CS 1.6 days, o yerrr) I can understand your concern. I’m rank 39 now in Chiv and occasionally get the speedhack/ aimbot (wtf?) and whatever. The exact same accusation where used back in CS 1.6, people don’t understand how some of us high level players can hit the ‘zone’ and maintain it for hours. That glorious synching of yourself and the server, where you even surprise yourself with some of the shit you do.

At some point, if you continue playing you will play in a competition where you will be required to use a clean PC provided by the competition planners. Until then you will always have doubters. Using a foreign PC is yuk, because you can never get the mouse sensitivity just right hehe

Anyway, bottom line is. Posting your defenses here will do absolutely nothing to those who have made up their mind, in a way it is a defense on their own mind to take the pain that someone else is significantly better then them, they just having found that ability to hit the zone consistently.

• @Toll:

There is little you can do to prove yourself not cheating, people make up their minds using flawed logic and refuse to change it.

No one is saying he is such a good player that he must be cheating. He has given the evidence showing that he has a higher movement speed than other players, to say someone has flawed logic for calling that cheating is beyond ironic. (i.e. saying my car is just fast doesn’t mean you aren’t breaking the law when speeding).

As I said before this is still far from calling him a hacker and it is important that the devs understand how this happens BUT that does not mean that he shouldn’t undo all of his changes until he can figure out which one is giving him an unfair advantage.

• @BobT36:

Calm down Rets, it may have just been for pruning or investigation.

Posting topics locked topics about locked topics just creates clutter, we really don’t need it. Leaving this one for now but it will get moved to the Trash, and don’t have a flip about that, again we don’t need duplicate topics.

If your topic is just LOCKED it may be to cull arguing or while it’s under review, people can still see and read it so no need to again make ANOTHER topic linking to the same bloody thing.

Again I’d you have a question, pm one of us, we can check the mod logs, ask the relevant person and advise. (p.s, I haven’t already done this because I’m using my phone and very ill, and you decided to ignore previous advice given on this, and instead create more work).

Sorry, I have not had the best results with certain mods locking, deleting, and changing my posts. Yeah I will admin my anger over much of the drama and bs over this game for years. So I will apologize for this post if pruning or investigation is the issue, that should have been mentioned by the mod that locked it.

@Toll:

Retsnom,

Don’t worry about cheating accusations. There is little you can do to prove yourself not cheating, people make up their minds using flawed logic and refuse to change it. Take it as a badge of honour, people are saying you are playing so good that it seems like you are cheating. Sweet. You know you are not, your clan knows you are not.

As someone who has been very successful in competitive gaming (back in CS 1.6 days, o yerrr) I can understand your concern. I’m rank 39 now in Chiv and occasionally get the speedhack/ aimbot (wtf?) and whatever. The exact same accusation where used back in CS 1.6, people don’t understand how some of us high level players can hit the ‘zone’ and maintain it for hours. That glorious synching of yourself and the server, where you even surprise yourself with some of the shit you do.

At some point, if you continue playing you will play in a competition where you will be required to use a clean PC provided by the competition planners. Until then you will always have doubters. Using a foreign PC is yuk, because you can never get the mouse sensitivity just right hehe

Anyway, bottom line is. Posting your defenses here will do absolutely nothing to those who have made up their mind, in a way it is a defense on their own mind to take the pain that someone else is significantly better then them, they just having found that ability to hit the zone consistently.

Thanks man. But let me ask you this, have you used custom configs and tweaked your computer for a game? And has any of those tweaks had the effects of a slight speed boost? From my understanding editing config settings to match your system and internet is pretty standard for most top level players, specially in CS as there are lots of stuff on the internet all about tweaking systems for the various games.

• If it is an unknown setting that is causing it, and he is doing for the chief reason to make his FPS and latency better then I wouldn’t call it cheating. It is similar to people using different net settings in half-life engines, the edge it gives would be very little. Hell, even back then people could run at slightly different speeds for reasons unknown, no-one who mattered (competitive players) really cared.

Same as here, someone having a little extra walking speed isn’t going to beat skilled players. He will play in comps with fresh PC’s at some point (provided this game continues) and that little extra walk speed may prove a disservice to him then, however it really shouldn’t concern people at all.

Retsnom, yer I used a couple of things, mainly altering the rates at which packets where sent and received and low end graphics cause my puter sucked back then and I had a tiny monitor compared to everyone else hehe. I changed the crosshair colour I think. In the end it doesn’t really make a difference, except to your own mind. No settings changed my movement speed, although there was the odd person (even in my clan) that could walk just that little bit faster, they would always beat me to a spot with knife racing. Didn’t help his aim at all though hahaah

• @Toll:

If it is an unknown setting that is causing it, and he is doing for the chief reason to make his FPS and latency better then I wouldn’t call it cheating. It is similar to people using different net settings in half-life engines, the edge it gives would be very little. Hell, even back then people could run at slightly different speeds for reasons unknown, no-one who mattered (competitive players) really cared.

Same as here, someone having a little extra walking speed isn’t going to beat skilled players. He will play in comps with fresh PC’s at some point (provided this game continues) and that little extra walk speed may prove a disservice to him then, however it really shouldn’t concern people at all.

Retsnom, yer I used a couple of things, mainly altering the rates at which packets where sent and received and low end graphics cause my puter sucked back then and I had a tiny monitor compared to everyone else hehe. I changed the crosshair colour I think. In the end it doesn’t really make a difference, except to your own mind. No settings changed my movement speed, although there was the odd person (even in my clan) that could walk just that little bit faster, they would always beat me to a spot with knife racing. Didn’t help his aim at all though hahaah

That is why I posted everything I can think of about my computer and the few tweaks I did with the INI. My clan mate has been playing with the INI for a week now and saw FPS improvements but not any speed boosts. We really have no idea what, if anything I did to change the character speed.

I have always tweaked my systems as far as I could push them because I always have old ass shit. But not once have I used a hack. Back with AOC, I tweaked the hell out of it, turning off every graphic whistle and bell to squeeze every frame I could and it was god awful ugly of a game but nothing I did client side effected server side. So why is this the case now? Then I look at all the posts bitching about lowend speed hackers and I am wondering if I am not the only one with this issue regardless of any changes I have made.

Hopefully the Devs can look at all the INI files I have posted and determine what is the case here. This is not something that just started happening but has been this way since I got the game to run on this machine. IF it is not the INI files then what the hell is it and is it that much of an unfair advantage when skilled players kill me all the time?

• What would have been best here, and saved a lot of argument and everything else, is if you’d have pm’d all this comprehensive info to one of us mods, then we could have forwarded it onto the devs through our private section or mod-dev meetings, this is exactly the sort of thing we’d raise with them, and appreciate you bringing to their attention (privately).

It would be then up to the devs whether they require more info from more people or not. Posting something like this in the general forums could result in thousands of other people also finding out how to access this, which is one of the reasons such topics are removed. The devs need time to investigate, find the issue, test, patch and test, in the meantime if usage got rampant it could be bad for the game.

Another reason Is that regardless of the posting intention, it causes allegations of cheating, insults and arguing etc, which is obviously going to happen in such a thread, and is something we all could do without.

Regardless the devs will be made aware, so you may see these topics disappear in time while they’re investigated. Just please think on in future. Locking this for now as I think I’ve explained enough, another mod will likely move these topics to be reviewed by the devs when they get the chance. You’ll be contacted if they need any more info.

Details of reproducing exploits, cheats and hacks is really best kept out of public for reasons mentioned, nothing sinister about that. We’re trying to get a forum section set up where people can report stuff privately. However this requires a few forum addons that we’re not sure are compatible at the moment. Please bear with us and use PM in the meantime.

As to the framerate cap, I have a 120hz monitor and therefore have mine on 120, and do not feel I jave any advantage.

(Again apologies for any spelling weirdness, I am posting via my phone from my sickbed).