Make this game for PSN!

• Chivalry would definitely be an awesome game on the Playstation Network. The PSN desperately needs a medieval fps and fast!

• Chivalry will be a PC exclusive game (According to the “about” page). If the controls are going to be anything like Age of Chivalry, then the buttons would be awkwardly mapped due to how many attack directions there are.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … fbjtSyTw7Y

You can see here an XBOX 360 Controller being used for the game and as far as i can tell from these few seconds of footage it’s working quite good.
    UDK is also a multiplatform engine so i guess if the pc release succeeds and i believe it will, it wont be long until we see it moving to consoles.

• I don’t know if anyone on the dev team has ever worked on anything for console, but I also have no idea how different developing for consoles is from developing for PC. It would be pretty cool to see Chivalry for the 360 at least. I can imagine it being pretty interesting for the Wii too :P

• @SlyGoat:

I don’t know if anyone on the dev team has ever worked on anything for console, but I also have no idea how different developing for consoles is from developing for PC. It would be pretty cool to see Chivalry for the 360 at least. I can imagine it being pretty interesting for the Wii too :P

If done right it would be a good thing to have it ported, only problem is if the consoles would be able of running it smoothly. Having it on the wii (or Wii U) would be…interesting…

PD: It would still require knowledge of the specific console, therefore it would not be easy.

• There is a hell of a lot of work in order to port a PC game to a console, some studio’s hire programming teams dedicated to porting games over. However that is why there are so many crappy “ports” for PC.

There are no first person melee games with this depth on consoles, and it’s like that for a reason.

However I do think it could be done, but it really just wouldn’t be that good considering the fast paced nature and precision of combat required….

• Now i know that a lot of pc gamers look down on consoles because they are not as powerful, but gaming pc’s can be very very expensive. So please do not come to this post to talk crap about consoles. Okay now back to the topic-I have been waiting for a long time for a game like this and think it would do great on consoles. Now i know porting takes a whole lot of work but i believe that the amount of people on consoles that would play this would probably surpass the amount of pc players. Now i know pc players like to have exclusives because consoles have exclusives but this type of game is virtually nonexistent in the console market. Look at fromsoftware. Dark Souls was a console exclusive until there was a petition to bring it to pc. Fromsoft and namco bandai have expanded their profit greatly as well as a their fanbase. I believe that could happen for this game. I like i said before i know porting would take a lot of time and money but think about it, wouldn’t it be better in the long run? I’m pretty sure fromsoft didn’t have much experience with pc games but they pulled it off. Maybe you could do what they did and release a new edition with some extra content that could come out as dlc for the pc players. Also as for control matters people may think that there is too many buttons or something but there is a video of it being played with xbox controllers. Well anyways thank-you very much for reading and please don’t come here to talk crap or anything like that. Yeah i understand that the idea of this coming to consoles may be unrealistic but i just wanted to say something about the matter. Thank-you and have a nice day.

• No, this game would not work well on Consoles. It requires skill and the ability to remain calm.

Dark Souls came to PC, because it was the type of game that PC gamers have been playing since the 80’s.

I don’t think it would surpass anything. It’d be a PSN or Xbox Live title, it might sell a few copies.

But I highly doubt it’d end up covering costs.

And From Software didn’t pull anything off - They out-sourced it and it was a crappy port, but PC users fixed it, as usual, by adding the ability to 60FPS, change the resolution, and high res textures & icons, less than a month post release, despite From saying it was impossible for the game to run @ 60FPS without breaking all the animations(a lie), and that changing the resolution was to complicated.

But a week before release, someone started working on a program and 23 minutes post release, he had it working.

And release new content for free with the console version, while charging PC players? Their original fanbase?

This isn’t consoles, this is PC, where what is now “DLC”, used to be free content updates that came with patches. Now, since consoles, it’s “DLC”, and costs

Also to note, it costs 50,000$ a patch the X360, after the first one. Your first patch is free, but every patch after that, that Microsoft has to hav e bandwidth for, is 50,000$. Considering the nature of this game…the frequencies of patches, the COnsole version would have to be left in the dust.

And the people playing with Xbox controllers, that you’ve seen, do it for parody, and they end up getting raped.

• Developer

The game plays very very well on an xbox360 controller, if you up the sensitivity you can compete with pc gamers. This is much harder in archery but for the melee it really does work.

Whether or not we go to consoles is a complicated thing, it would be a very very tough transition for our small team to optimize the game for consoles. It’s possible but only if Chivalry does really well on the PC first, and only if the community screams really loud for it.

• Ok thank you very much.

• A console release, on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, even a port to Mac, would be amazing (mainly because those are what I play games on). Game looks phenomenal. One perk for putting it on XBLA and PSN would be publicity. There are not many games that come out each week on it and websites, like Sony’s Microsofts, and third party sites, such as IGN, always post, week to week, what has come out. It would gain notoriety, I would assume, quite quickly, especially when people see that it is a first-person multiplayer close combat game. Would be a nice breath of air for the consoles, who only really have gritty military games.

I understand it may be difficult for a team of 15, for their first commercial title, yet, I feel that it would be quite great for Torn Banner.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

• @Televised-God:

A console release, on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, even a port to Mac, would be amazing (mainly because those are what I play games on). Game looks phenomenal. One perk for putting it on XBLA and PSN would be publicity. There are not many games that come out each week on it and websites, like Sony’s Microsofts, and third party sites, such as IGN, always post, week to week, what has come out. It would gain notoriety, I would assume, quite quickly, especially when people see that it is a first-person multiplayer close combat game. Would be a nice breath of air for the consoles, who only really have gritty military games.

I understand it may be difficult for a team of 15, for their first commercial title, yet, I feel that it would be quite great for Torn Banner.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Consol ports cost alot of money, This game is releasing patches every other week, 1 patch on xboxlive costs 50k usd to impliment, so no

• So many topics on this. PLEASE SEARCH

Or a mod make a sticky.

• I am not surprised that there are a ton of topics on this, but, they said to voice desires for the game, so, that is what I am doing.

• @Mkilbride:

So many topics on this. PLEASE SEARCH

Or a mod make a sticky.

If we made a sticky for every frequently discussed topic, the entire first page would be stickies.

If we made one sticky listing the frequently discussed topics, nobody would read it.

• @nyuyu:

Consol ports cost alot of money, This game is releasing patches every other week, 1 patch on xboxlive costs 50k usd to impliment, so no

That is no excuse. They can easily just do a patch every 3 - 6 months for the Console Versions…And I personally don’t care if the Console Version goes behind by patch-wise… I just want to be able to play this awesome game instead of watching others play it… Watching is BORING!

• @Jusey1:

@nyuyu:

That is no excuse. They can easily just do a patch every 3 - 6 months for the Console Versions…And I personally don’t care if the Console Version goes behind by patch-wise… I just want to be able to play this awesome game instead of watching others play it… Watching is BORING!

Every 3-6 months is still 50,000$, what if they don’t make nearly that much in that time period?

• Playstation?….

• I cannot imagine playing this type of game with a controller on a console it would not suit the game that’s my opinion.

• @Mkilbride:

Every 3-6 months is still 50,000$, what if they don’t make nearly that much in that time period?

Wait long or either don’t patch the console version at all… Like I said, I don’t care about being outdated. I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!