What happend to the Helms deep map?

• Awhile I was a tester I remember playing on helms deep, and now it’s gone. Why is that?

• You might be thinking of Age of Chivalry. Copyrights stuffs, being a purchasable game and all.

• Are you sure that wasn’t just in Age of Chivalry?

AoC was a free mod, so it was ok to have that map.

Chivalry is a commercial game, therefore if Torn Banner added it, the Tolkien lawyers would be allover them. (I heard they even tried to get a pub closed once just because it was called “The Hobbit”, and had an old theme.)

If someone managed to mod the map in to Chiv for free though well, that may be a different matter. ;)

• We should create a new Helms Deep, called Felms Creep. Exactly like helms deep, but without all the things that can be considered iconic, such as the tower, the window configurations and the exact ramp styles and layout etc but otherwise the same :P

• Even better would be releasing a development kit already so modders can get to work….

Let’s go.

• @JHoersten2:

Even better would be releasing a development kit already so modders can get to work….

Let’s go.

Patience my friend…

• @Kimiko:

@JHoersten2:

Even better would be releasing a development kit already so modders can get to work….

Let’s go.

Patience my friend…

Naw man. The game doesn’t have enough maps. Once we get the kit we can make a ton.

• The question is how close can you come to a Helms deep sort of map without actually infringing on the copyright?

Some form of castle siege like that, but more elaborate and grand scale than what we have now, would be quite cool indeed.

• @Martin:

We should create a new Helms Deep, called Felms Creep. Exactly like helms deep, but without all the things that can be considered iconic, such as the tower, the window configurations and the exact ramp styles and layout etc but otherwise the same :P

….Stoneshill?

• @BobT36:

Are you sure that wasn’t just in Age of Chivalry?

AoC was a free mod, so it was ok to have that map.

Chivalry is a commercial game, therefore if Torn Banner added it, the Tolkien lawyers would be allover them. (I heard they even tried to get a pub closed once just because it was called “The Hobbit”, and had an old theme.)

If someone managed to mod the map in to Chiv for free though well, that may be a different matter. ;)

No, when I was a tester and I played by myself there was a Helms Deep map, but it was just a wall infront of you and it was muddy.

• They were unable to use Helms Deep for the commercial release of Chivalry due to the copyrighted nature of the scene thanks to Warner Bros and their copyright over the Lord of the Rings series (they can be very harsh with their copyright policies, they issued a cease and desist notice for a non-commercial large scale mod that rendered all of Middle Earth within Skyrim for instance).

Just wait until the modding tools are out, I guarantee that Helms Deep will be one of the first maps that gets made using them.

• Chivalry Hats Deep map without Legolas should be fine.

• Helms Derp.

• What in the what necro.