Throwing axes disappearing from my hands!

• Hey!

I’ve recently come across a bug where my throwing axe disappears from my hands when I’m aiming with it. It seems to happen when I’ve been holding down mouse1 for a while, often around the time I cancel my aim with Q. I’ve also noticed that it has only ever happened with my second throwing axe.

Apologies if this has already been reported… I did a quick search and couldn’t see anything.

PS. I’m definitely not throwing it by accident and not noticing :P

• Pretty sure this occurs with any throwable including throwing knives and firepots.

• i posted something like this on reddit just now, should have looked here first. I have also had this primarily w/ throwing knives.

For me it happens like this… it seems for me that if i get flinched while throwing a knife… like im about to throw, it’s in the process of throwing… and then i get hit (flinched)… then he’ll put the knife away, and i lose them all, even if it’s my first knife. It doesn’t happen if i just hold it up like i am about to throw it and get hit. And by getting hit, usually mean with another arrow, another throwing knife/axe usually, not sword swing etc (although i haven’t tested that). But i think it ONLY occurs if you actually get hit in that short timeframe where you are throwing it (get flinched)

Best way i can describe WHEN it happens is like football quarterback getting sacked while attempting to pass and the whole “arm moving forward” rule. Basically, if the QB gets hit WHILE hes throwing the football forward it’s ruled a pass and not a fumble. So your throwing knife would have to be ruled a pass for you to lose them hahaha. You getting hit as your arm is coming forward but you don’t get the ball (throwing knife) off.

• Ouch… that has to be frustrating losing all your knives because of it.

Seems you’ve narrowed it down better than I have! I’ll test it when I get home to see if I get the same results.

• @clayton-bigsby:

i posted something like this on reddit just now, should have looked here first. I have also had this primarily w/ throwing knives.

For me it happens like this… it seems for me that if i get flinched while throwing a knife… like im about to throw, it’s in the process of throwing… and then i get hit (flinched)… then he’ll put the knife away, and i lose them all, even if it’s my first knife. It doesn’t happen if i just hold it up like i am about to throw it and get hit. And by getting hit, usually mean with another arrow, another throwing knife/axe usually, not sword swing etc (although i haven’t tested that). But i think it ONLY occurs if you actually get hit in that short timeframe where you are throwing it (get flinched)

Best way i can describe WHEN it happens is like football quarterback getting sacked while attempting to pass and the whole “arm moving forward” rule. Basically, if the QB gets hit WHILE hes throwing the football forward it’s ruled a pass and not a fumble. So your throwing knife would have to be ruled a pass for you to lose them hahaha. You getting hit as your arm is coming forward but you don’t get the ball (throwing knife) off.

Was able to repro this - definitely seems to only happen with projectiles hitting flinching in release. Good info, confirmed.

@OP: Haven’t noticed any situations of projectiles simply disappearing from your hand, is your issue the same being described above or separate?

• Confirmed yesterday on the Towers server (ran stonehill Objective only). I’m not sure what initially sparked it but firepots would disappear/be spent from my hands with no affect. I refilled multiple times with the same affect.

Next game. It was fine for a while but started up again.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4yXJnPH-SQ&t=1m20s

right here is where i have one issue i caught on video, will try and get more.

This time i pull out my throwing knives (still have all 4) and i can’t even throw the first one… i click and click and nothing, he eventually puts them away, and then they’re gone! I try to reequip but other team won’t let me haha

• @clayton-bigsby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4yXJnPH-SQ&t=1m20s

right here is where i have one issue i caught on video, will try and get more.

This time i pull out my throwing knives (still have all 4) and i can’t even throw the first one… i click and click and nothing, he eventually puts them away, and then they’re gone! I try to reequip but other team won’t let me haha

I notice you resupplied at the start of that video - could it be possible you were flinched by a projectile as you threw your last knife some time before the resupply?

• @SlyGoat:

@OP: Haven’t noticed any situations of projectiles simply disappearing from your hand, is your issue the same being described above or separate?

I can confirm this can happen without any flinching or resupply at all. I was playing on LTS Moors last night, and shortly after hitting Q to cancel my aim on the second throwing axe, it did the animation of me putting the axe away. Tried to get it back out again and I was out of ammo.

• Any update on the status of this yet? Happened to me again last night. Same situation.

• Still looking into it, unfortunately it’s really difficult/seemingly random to reproduce.