Javelin… why would you use him?

• I really like the way of "300. But this little wimp has way to less javelin to throw, the recovery time is insanely slow after your throw, far too many weapons 1 shot you and the range of your stab and shield swing is just poor.
    Man! i really hope Torn Banner make this char as good as he supposed to be… like now… he is worse than a archer and worse than a melee fighter… He has nothing good out of both… Besides that, if you hit with the throw, it deals massive dmg… but thats it…

So, it would be nice if the javelin gets a huge boost…

-Mr. Sharpshooter-

• and another javelin thread…

• Well I don’t really consider the Javelin tosser a true archer. But they made the class so buggy and frankly just hard to play as anything but a ranged class.

The buckler might as well be a paper plate.

And I am getting sick of throwing a javelin right through a knights FACE only to have him run at me like nothing happened.

The buckler should just be deleted and give us MAA shield.

Oh and not to worry, instead of fixing the javelin we are getting a SLING in the next patch, might I add that it can decapitate a knight lol. Talk about balance eh?

• I hated the javelin for a long time but given the right map it is quite deadly.

If you have a map where the enemy bunch together and you have protecting knights in front of you (e.g. protecting the signal fire map or protecting the king) its quite deadly. You need short range throws and the damage from a javelin is quite significant.

Up close its a fast jab so you can easily finish off opponents as well.

Not perfect but it has grown on me as a weapon.

• If Javelines 1shoted anyclass with a headshot then mabe :P

• @Rodelero:

If Javelines 1shoted anyclass with a headshot then mabe :P

The heavy javelin does. It ones shots a vanguard in the chest. Even if it does all you have to do is kick him to kill him afterwards.

The javelin guy can be very useful and very deadly. Two hit stab on an archer with the heavy javelin it is the highest damaging weapon an archer can have.

They have made it so it doesn’t take ten years for you to use your shield. The reload time is a bit faster for all and you can now use your shield as soon as your guy pulls it out. Rather than waiting for you guy to move it to the right position. In the next update of course.

• @Rodelero:

Javelin one shot with headshot any class but knight.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Rodelero:

Javelins don’t even two shot Knights, which is pretty ghastly in terms of balance. So much time goes into aiming and landing two shots, and one left click kills you because it takes a couple of seconds to be able to use your shield after a throw.

Hopefully the patch makes it a bit better, because I love Javelin gameplay. Problem is the risks outweigh every reward.

• @AwefulWaffle:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@Rodelero:

Javelins don’t even two shot Knights, which is pretty ghastly in terms of balance. So much time goes into aiming and landing two shots, and one left click kills you because it takes a couple of seconds to be able to use your shield after a throw.

Hopefully the patch makes it a bit better, because I love Javelin gameplay. Problem is the risks outweigh every reward.

There have been a few times where I was melee’ing with Javelin and I accidentally hit the M1 attack…. which ended with me getting killed due to the time it takes for the animation to occur and stop, etc.

And I agree that the damage inflicted by a thrown Jav doesn’t seem to make much sense… they’re bigger and heavier than a piddly arrow, yet you need to drive 2+ into most enemies before they drop… which doesn’t seem balanced compared to their speed and range.

But when it comes to Melee with the Jav + Shield, I can’t say I have any major issues and can drop any class with this setup… so long as I don’t accidentally hit M1. :P

• Yeah well, i really want to play every class… and i want to be as good as possible with every class.
    But the Jav is such a weak class and he should be alot tougher… i do know he is a archer class… so i understand that i cant be as tough as a vanguard or knight but lets be honest… Jav = half range/half melee… He needs to be a bit tougher than a regular archer…

You know what, forget about the toughness… just give him 12 javelin supply… that’s all i ask… especially needed in maps where there is no chest… like in LTS or FFA…

To make the Jav Class more usefull, just change :
    1. More jav supply… from 5 to 12.
    2. Spawn 2 chests in LTS and FFA games.

That’s all my heart desires when i play the Jav Class :)

-Mr. Sharpshooter-

• Javelin in mêlée is epic, don’t know if it’s just me but once I got the hang of it you can be pretty powerful. Few issues, mainly like the guy above me says accidently pressing M1 and the slow animation. Maybe damage could be increased a bit because of low ammo and slow rate of fire. It’s one of the most fun classes in the game though I think.

• Javelins are awesome dude :cheers:

Just be sure to pick your fights well. Stay in the 2nd line of battle, only throw when you’re sure you can hit him, target the weakened enemies, practice in ffa.
    I unlocked them all in a few games of ffa, it really pays out to lonewolf out there (in ffa), weaken them with a javelin and finish them off with a stab or interrupt fights and get the kill.

Also, if you’re not very good with your secondary, make sure you never throw away that last javelin unless there’s an ammo cache near.

Don’t give up to easily on this class, if you master it, it’s beast-mode time :berz:

• I liek the javelineer style. In fact, in medieval battles, the javelin type class would likely be the most realistic. Spears were the most common type of weapon on the battlefield. So the most common fighter youd see in the “lower/common ranks” (this excludes knights and well paid man at arms, who were all heavily armoured) would be someone with a shield and spear.

Myself…I cant kill anything with them. The spear seems to have no range on it when stabbing at all.

• I think the quantities of javs change depending on the javelin you have equipped… not sure though, but I have the second jav unlocked and I have… um… 6… or was it 8? I can’t remember, but it’s not 5 I know that.

Last night I played a good amount as a Jav Archer and did pretty good for myself.

There was a few King of the Hill matches where the other team was basically all archers except for one Vanguard and one Knight… arrows were flying all over the place and most of the archers were camping behind those wooden walls, shooting through the holes… I was getting annoyed so I flanked around and jav’d a number of them to the ground and while a few others tried to shoot me, my shield worked wonders for that, then back tracked while a couple chased after me with their melee weapons… I just zig zagged while looking at the archers shooting at me so that the ones chasing me kept getting hit by their team mates… then I speared a couple up close with a few jabs.

I even took down the Vanguard and Knight a number of times with the Javelin.

I dunno, experienced vary obviously, but I have no issues with the Archer Jav.

• I go Jav for fun, knowing full well that any of the other classes/loadouts would perform better. Javelin thrusts are surprisingly powerful, and I threw javelins in M&B so accuracy isn’t a huge problem.

• I just managed to unlock the last jav spear. I had to get 71 kills to do that…
    I thought “meh”, lets do this!

In 5 games i was able to unlock them … even ended 2x first place on 2 objective maps…

1st Jav = 5 Quantity
    2nd Jav = 6 Quantity
    3rd Jav = 4 Quantity

I noticed a few things while playing jav class :

1. Recovery time after throw sucks, but is doable…
    2. Focus on archers/weakened players
    3. Dont throw and walking forward, if you miss you are middle in the group
    4. Found out a bug… If you have thrown all your javs and you switching to your 2nd weapon… If you pick up a torch and throw it away, you immediately switch into jav with 0 quantity.
    So you still can stab or shield bash while having 0 quantity.
    5. Stab and Bash have a really small hit radius.

What would also be great, if the shield bash would work like you are lmb swinging with a 1hander.
    Now the bash looks like a stab with a shield… 180 degree swing with the shield would be awesome!
    Increase quantity and get the jav class a Zoom-in possibily!

I changed my mind after playing a few rounds with it… Not that im in love with jav, but you can manage to get on top.

-Mr. Sharpshooter-

• Javs were the first thing I unlocked all the way. After you do that, everything else seems quick by comparison!

• My friends and I have fun in servers where we join a team all together using javs. So imagine playing a TO map, and you see 8-10 guys running at you with javs. Its hilarious because it works!

• @KingOfPolarBears:

Javelins are awesome dude :cheers:

Just be sure to pick your fights well. Stay in the 2nd line of battle, only throw when you’re sure you can hit him, target the weakened enemies, practice in ffa.
    I unlocked them all in a few games of ffa, it really pays out to lonewolf out there (in ffa), weaken them with a javelin and finish them off with a stab or interrupt fights and get the kill.

Also, if you’re not very good with your secondary, make sure you never throw away that last javelin unless there’s an ammo cache near.

Don’t give up to easily on this class, if you master it, it’s beast-mode time :berz:

So basically, if you practice WAY more than you need to for any other class, you can still be weaker …seriously, if you do all those things using a vanguard with spear, you will do far more damage.

There is no denying that jav is super fun however.

• Javelin stabs seem worthless to me. Seems to have no range, and goes right through people