Newbie Questions

• So, after buying the 4-pack from Steam’s Holiday Sale, I decided to finally go and enlist!
    However, after a few tours of various battlefields, my boggled mind requires some answers.

1. When I start a botmatch, how do I setup the time/kill limit?

2. I’ve been mostly playing Vanguard thanks to spears - however no matter how many kills I rack up, I’m not unlocking anything… although the two-handed sword counter seems to get slowly lower, giving me the impression it’s actually racking at least some of those kills up.
      My brother (to whom I gifted one of my extra copies) told me that he actually had all crossbows unlocked right at the beginning and spears properly unlocked for him until he went and played on a official server, after which everything that he had unlocked was relocked.
      Is there some method to this apparently random unlocking?

3. Steam dedicated server is giving me some trouble. Namely, if I start it up, all I get is a black, empty command prompt that stays black and empty.
      Attempting the methods described on the guides on Server Operator’s Hub subforum gives the same results, so what am I doing wrong?

I figure those should cover most things up.

• I hope this helps!

@Skyheart:

So, after buying the 4-pack from Steam’s Holiday Sale, I decided to finally go and enlist!
    However, after a few tours of various battlefields, my boggled mind requires some answers.

1. When I start a botmatch, how do I setup the time/kill limit?

Hahahaha! You can’t!

1. I’ve been mostly playing Vanguard thanks to spears - however no matter how many kills I rack up, I’m not unlocking anything… although the two-handed sword counter seems to get slowly lower, giving me the impression it’s actually racking at least some of those kills up.
      My brother (to whom I gifted one of my extra copies) told me that he actually had all crossbows unlocked right at the beginning and spears properly unlocked for him until he went and played on a official server, after which everything that he had unlocked was relocked.
      Is there some method to this apparently random unlocking?

You don’t unlock anything when playing against bots, you must be on a server with at least 8 REAL people. My brother had the same bug where weapons were unlocked at the start then went away. My counter also went down once when playing against bots from 25 to 16 then stopped. It then reset several weeks later and I unlocked them in real online play.

1. Steam dedicated server is giving me some trouble. Namely, if I start it up, all I get is a black, empty command prompt that stays black and empty.
      Attempting the methods described on the guides on Server Operator’s Hub subforum gives the same results, so what am I doing wrong?

Server creation is a clusterfuck. If you want to make a server you’ll need to pay someone to host it it seems. I can’t even get LAN to work properly.

I figure those should cover most things up.

I don’t think that really helped you as much as was a reality check. 8-)