Jump-attack for one handed sword or shortsword [ Video ]

• This jump attack which i’m going to post looks nice and realistic , I dont know if it’s an advantage or not, you decide. it fits for one handed sword and a shortsword.

Skip to 1:13 to see the jump attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygRholyh5g

Skip to 1:13 to see the jump attack

• There is no specific “jump-attack”, but you can jump and attack simultaneously (very effective from high ground or just to surprise an opponent), the man-at-arms can dodge and attack simultaneously to remain mobile and unpredictable while attacking, and the vanguard can do a lunging charge attack while in full sprint for devastating damage.

• @SlyGoat:

There is no specific “jump-attack”, but you can jump and attack simultaneously (very effective from high ground or just to surprise an opponent), the man-at-arms can dodge and attack simultaneously to remain mobile and unpredictable while attacking, and the vanguard can do a lunging charge attack while in full sprint for devastating damage.

Hmm, okay then… , I had another idea, maybe a person which is using the javelin weapon could do that attack?

• You can jump and attack with any weapon.

• Ah , didn’t heard of that , I thought there wouldn’t be any attacking while jumping.
    end of suggestion.

• The funny thing is, I knew exactly what “jump attack” you were referring to before even reading your post. Achilles’ fighting style in Troy is pretty graceful - but his jump attack is like his signature move, and everybody knows it - it might be a little too much to directly copy it.

Then again on the flip-side it seems like such a waste not to use the choreography as reference, as it is so well executed.