What do the classes do on their free time?

• Be creative. Just like this text! Or don’t, it wont really change much. 8-)

• I know for a fact Knights do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnDCukzReks

• I expect the Mason knight spends his evenings engaged in the traditional festivities of drunken brawling and rape.

• The archer uploads his “sup3r 1337 C:MW 360 n0sc0p3” montage to YouTube.

• Uh, they live in the medieval era, thus they don’t have “free” time.

All time is spent serving their Lords and King. You need to read up on these things first.

• @JHoersten2:

Uh, they live in the medieval era, thus they don’t have “free” time.

All time is spent serving their Lords and King. You need to read up on these things first.

/thread

• @JHoersten2:

You have a pretty illustrious and fantastical view of the middle ages don’t you? 8-)

• All Mason doods made a tree house for this,

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6819

• They gather around a camp fire, then the mason MAA starts telling jokes. The agatha vanguard voices his anger at marlic and a fist fight breaks out. Hilarity ensues.

• @AngryDave:

I expect the Mason knight spends his evenings engaged in the traditional festivities of drunken brawling and rape.

whereas MAA’s are lovers

• @JHoersten2:

^ Buzz Killington right here

My guess is that the Knight stomps little kittens

Vanguard learns to play drums with Animal from the Muppets "AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

Man at Arms continually tries to pick fights at the local pub to compensate for his inadequacies of being short.

Archer sits at home, making wicker baskets.

• @JHoersten2:

Sorry to pull you up on the comment but I feel that I must for three reasons; -

1. There was recent study that concluded that the average working day for a Serf was actually considerably less hours than the modern day equivalent. They would be required to work like Trojans during the harvest when it was all hands to the pump but generally the working day was shorter than it is now. From memory I seem to recall 5 hours being discussed.

Clearly; if a lowly Serf was putting in fewer hours than your average man caught in today’s rat trap, it would be reasonable to expect someone of higher standing to be doing even less work.

1. I really feel that it is pretty clear to anyone reading this thread that it was intended to be light hearted.

2. I really do take umbrage with people who suggest ignorance in others. Your tone; IMO, was unnecessarily insulting. Apologises for not referencing point 1., frankly I can’t be arsed, you should read more.

• @Reginhard:

Sorry to pull you up on the comment but I feel that I must for three reasons; -

1. There was recent study that concluded that the average working day for a Serf was actually considerably less hours than the modern day equivalent. They would be required to work like Trojans during the harvest when it was all hands to the pump but generally the working day was shorter than it is now. From memory I seem to recall 5 hours being discussed.

Clearly; if a lowly Serf was putting in fewer hours than your average man caught in today’s rat trap, it would be reasonable to expect someone of higher standing to be doing even less work.

1. I really feel that it is pretty clear to anyone reading this thread that it was intended to be light hearted.

2. I really do take umbrage with people who suggest ignorance in others. Your tone; IMO, was unnecessarily insulting. Apologises for not referencing point 1., frankly I can’t be arsed, you should read more.

You getting mad? It seems so.

1. They worked less hours because they had no electricity to light up the darkness. Added to the lack of modern technology, it was all much harder labor, thus the body grew tired much quicker. This is just basic logic though, so I’ll assume that you knew that, right?

2. Let’s make serious posts complaining about other people’s serious posts. That’ll show em.

3. Leave it to the ignorant to get defensive at the mention of ignorance. It is bliss, afterall. I don’t mind that you get touchy when you feel intelligence is called into question, it happens, but you should probably read more to get your facts straight as well. Drop the King Arthur books, and perhaps pick up something with more historical accuracy. Freedom wasn’t present in the medieval era, thus there was no “free time” to be had. Kings and Lords ruled over society, as they were more or less their ‘property’. Just like in this thread, my superior intellect has proven you to be MY ‘property’ - aka owned.

Good day, good sir!

• @JHoersten2:

All time is spent serving their Lords and King.

@JHoersten2:

1. They worked less hours because they had no electricity to light up the darkness. Added to the lack of modern technology, it was all much harder labor, thus the body grew tired much quicker. This is just basic logic though, so I’ll assume that you knew that, right?

No amount of flip-flopping can conceal the fact that you’re a pretentious idiot.

@Reginhard:

I really do take umbrage with people who suggest ignorance in others. Your tone; IMO, was unnecessarily insulting.

Some people have a desperate need for attention, but they just aren’t funny or witty enough to draw that good kind of interest. Then, pretty much like neglected puppies, they will shit on the carpet just to get ANY kind of attention. You shouldn’t really take them seriously.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Archers spend all their free time chasing skirt, because they are sharp dressers and have the body to look fabulous in one.

• @JHoersten2:

You getting mad? It seems so.

2. Let’s make serious posts complaining about other people’s serious posts. That’ll show em.

3. Leave it to the ignorant to get defensive at the mention of ignorance. It is bliss, afterall. I don’t mind that you get touchy when you feel intelligence is called into question, it happens, but you should probably read more to get your facts straight as well. Drop the King Arthur books, and perhaps pick up something with more historical accuracy. Freedom wasn’t present in the medieval era, thus there was no “free time” to be had. Kings and Lords ruled over society, as they were more or less their ‘property’. Just like in this thread, my superior intellect has proven you to be MY ‘property’ - aka owned.

Good day, good sir!

Not at mad at all.

1. Manual labour is manual labour in any era, you only have to look at the work undertaken more recently by the Irish Navies and their afterhours activities to appreciate that a man is capable of grafting a long (or not so long) hard day without collapsing at the end of it. Given the suggestion that the average working day equated to 5 hours. It is ludicrous to suggest that the average Serf spent on average 19 hours a day sleeping or in a semi-comatose state. I think you are massively underestimating a man’s endurance.

2. Just one of the three reasons that I felt a response was required, why interrupt the fun with a nasty ill informed comment?

3. It has been suggested that the Serf’s time taken tending the land has been recorded as less than is expected today’s 9-5 culture. So how does this equate to slavery? As for the reference to my library; imagine what you will. However, to grasp a concept of medieval life you will need to imagine what a man can endure.

Good day Sir.

• @Prepucius:

Some people have a desperate need for attention,

Yea, that’s why the two of you bothered to respond to a comment made on the OP, right? lmao

You guys crack me up - keep on grasping for online arguments. Whatever helps you sleep better at night dreaming you’re the smartest kids on the interwebs. :lol:

• Agatha:

Knights: The Agatha knights spend a lot of their time volunteering at local bars washing tables and mopping floors. They also chop wood with their double axes (thats about all the double axe would be good for).

Vanguards: They go to fancy parties and eat small cheeses. They tell jokes that only rich people understand.

Man-at-Arms: They go door to door asking for other classes’ secondary weapons to use for battle.

Archer: The Agatha archer spends a lot of his time at the bakerd where he slices bread goods with his little knives.

Mason:

Knight: Spends a lot of time volunteering telling bedtime stories to orphans. He also writes poetry.

Vangaurd: Does situps all day until he craps himself.

Man-at-Arms: Spends a lot of time at the brothels. He also gets into a lot of fist fights at the pub. He also likes to steal the other classes’ weapons and use them to kill people in battle while making snarky remarks.

Archer: Spends a lot of his time partying with Mason Man-at-Arms. He usually is the one dragging MAA home after a bar fight.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Knight: Spends a lot of time volunteering telling bedtime stories to orphans. He also writes poetry.

lol

• @JHoersten2:

@Prepucius:

Some people have a desperate need for attention,

Yea, that’s why the two of you bothered to respond to a comment made on the OP, right? lmao

You guys crack me up - keep on grasping for online arguments. Whatever helps you sleep better at night dreaming you’re the smartest kids on the interwebs. :lol:

Any chance you could translate these comments into something that has a bearing on our previous debate?

• I imagine the Vanguards are busy writing an alphabet more suitable for pronounciation under their circumstances. :muffle muffle: :k4: