Rapier weapons

• Norse and broadsword already have the one hand stabber down but what could set a rapier tree apart is a selection of stabs that go to the target from different areas, say a high or low stab, or a stab from the left or right to hit around shields.

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Medieval= Time period from 476 CE to 1453 CE

Rapier= Weapon used during the 16th and 17th centuries, and not usually in epic brutal and bloody battles.

The only BS in this game is the double axe and the grand mace, the former being iconic of AOC.

We have been over this so many times :roll:

• @adamcel6:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Rapier= Weapon used during the 16th and 17th centuries, and not usually in epic brutal and bloody battles.

The only BS in this game is the double axe and the grand mace, the former being iconic of AOC.

fuck that Rapiers are cool and I want them

let’s just pretend this is an alternate timeline, where all of the coolest weapons were made RIGHT NOW

• @BB:

@adamcel6:

let’s just pretend this is an alternate timeline, where all of the coolest weapons were made RIGHT NOW

During the renaissance (post medieval, 16th-17th centuries), blades went two ways. Either lighter and more narrow for precision, or larger and heavier to just cleave through. And as much as I adore the design and aesthetics of the rapier sword, I just don’t see it fitting in with the game

• Rapers were not for fighting in wars. They were for duelling. Officers perferred the saber over the rapier in a battle.

• @adamcel6:

Ummm… the hunting knife?

• @tlbww:

@adamcel6:

Ummm… the hunting knife?

Would you rather use your fist IRL?

• @tlbww:

Ummm… the hunting knife?

How else will archers butter their rolls in between matches?

• @BB:

Then I want an arquebus to blow a smug feinting, shielded knights head off.

• @adamcel6:

@tlbww:

@adamcel6:

Ummm… the hunting knife?

Would you rather use your fist IRL?

As a martial artists, I’m more at home w/o weapons. I would use a combination of my free hand and a hammer or pick. I can kick armored foes, but all I could really do is smash their faces with the hammer. that aside, again… the hunting knife?

@ReMixx:

@tlbww:

Ummm… the hunting knife?

How else will archers butter their rolls in between matches?

Only the pansy agathians eat buttered biscuits. True men of the Order use the jam made from the broken skulls of their enemies. This jam is rich with honor, valor, and plenty of proteins from the blood and organ matter.

• @adamcel6:

During the renaissance (post medieval, pre gunpowder, 16th-17th centuries), blades went two ways. Either lighter and more narrow for precision, or larger and heavier to just cleave through. And as much as I adore the design and aesthetics of the rapier sword, I just don’t see it fitting in with the game

Did you just copy paste what I said in another thread about rapiers?

• @SharpshotSid:

@adamcel6:

During the renaissance (post medieval, pre gunpowder, 16th-17th centuries), blades went two ways. Either lighter and more narrow for precision, or larger and heavier to just cleave through. And as much as I adore the design and aesthetics of the rapier sword, I just don’t see it fitting in with the game

Yes, Yes I did. You are an absolutely brilliant writer and your works must be used and preserved.

• @adamcel6:

@SharpshotSid:

@adamcel6:

Yes, Yes I did. You are an absolutely brilliant writer and your works must be used and preserved.

Sorry to burst your bubble but 16th and 17th century were not pre gunpowder. The 16th century was the rise of muskets. From about 1490 actually. Especially in Spain an Portugal.

And 16th and 17th century are about 300 years out from the latest this Game can be set in. This game already has a petard so the late 13th century is probably around where it is.

• @tlbww:

As a martial artists, I’m more at home w/o weapons. I would use a combination of my free hand and a hammer or pick. I can kick armored foes, but all I could really do is smash their faces with the hammer. that aside, again… the hunting knife?

Heres my opinion from another thread on this same subject:
    @Steel:

Would this be a new class that sneaks up behind enemies and gives them unwanted se…… ohhhhh rapIER.

I agree it wouldn’t really fit with Chivalry’s aesthetic, especially since this game is very brutal and gritty, while rapiers tend to be used by snooty effeminate guys with fluffy shirts and pencil mustaches.

• @BB:

Give me guns. Give to me guns. I want a gold desert eagle and a shoulder-mounted rocket powered flamethrower that I can shoot at people and it shoots fire as it flies through the air and it can beat up ur dad.