Team Dueling Mode

• Hello! I haven’t tried the dueling mode in the beta yet so forgive me if this is already a feature.

Some of the best times I’ve had dueling in Chivalry were team duels. Basically you order the team so that lowest level players go first and the highest level go last and then have people fight one at a time going down the team list. As long as you don’t die you can keep dueling the next person and the next person on the enemy team. The only caveat is that you DON’T get any health regeneration between fights. The next one starts as soon as the next person in line can run over to you. Now you could obviously change the rule so you do get some of your health restored. Either way I think a team dueling mode would be very fun and a good addition :D

• I like where your going with this except I think there should only be teams of two or three.

Maybe add in a dueling tournament bracket.

• I think this would be an excellent addition to duel mode.

• I agree with this

• Thanks for the responses everyone :D

Responding to your comment Scribbz I usually played it with bigger teams of 6 or 7 but I’m sure it would work with whatever size people like best.

• viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8990

HEY READ THIS. THAT’S HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE. THIS IS MORE ENGAGING THAN THE CURRENT MODE.

• Fully agreeing for its realisation once the single duel mode is working properly.

• @MUSASHI:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8990

HEY READ THIS. THAT’S HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE. THIS IS MORE ENGAGING THAN THE CURRENT MODE.

I read this thread but it looked fundamentally different from what I had in mind.

• Why would i want to play this if i was a high level player? If i understood the concept correctly i have to wait for everybody else on the server to finish dueling in sequence before i can fight myself? Meh. :|

• @carrion:

Why would i want to play this if i was a high level player? If i understood the concept correctly i have to wait for everybody else on the server to finish dueling in sequence before i can fight myself? Meh. :|

Because lower lever players are more likely to die sooner resulting in more of the team getting to play. If you want to play yourself without a team then there’s always regular duel mode :D

• YES yes and yes . Good job man

• @Elemond:

YES yes and yes . Good job man

NO no and no.

• i love this idea ^^

• I like the idea, but why not randomly assign a certain member of each team as the captain who’s in charge of assigning their positions? I believe this would make the mode more interactive.

The teams, ideally, should also have a balanced share of high and low rank players.

• @vanacava:

I like the idea, but why not randomly assign a certain member of each team as the captain who’s in charge of assigning their positions? I believe this would make the mode more interactive.

The teams, ideally, should also have a balanced share of high and low rank players.

That would probably work as well :) The only problem is see is that if captains routinely put the best players at the start then newer players won’t get to play very much and might get slaughtered when their turn is finally up :\

Also I heard that TB might be using my idea…any word on that mods? ;)