Some attack physics suggestions.

• I don’t know if this has been suggested before, but skimming through some pages didn’t reveal anything:

I’d like to suggest a tackle/knockback (identical to kick and shield bash attacks) when jumping down on top of an enemy. As things are, having the high ground and jumping down at an unwary opponent actually puts you at a disadvantage due to there being no character collision. Much of the time you either bounce off as if the enemy’s head is a trampoline or, if the lower person moves in synch: it is even possible to perform a balancing act. If the lower individual is aware of the higher individual, it is also much easier for them to score a kill with an overhead swing. As said before, it would be great if jumping on top of a person for a stun/knockback were possible instead.

Secondly, I’d like to suggest that weapons do not immediately lose all momentum when killed. So many times I have found myself in situations where my swing is literally entering an enemy character model only to get blindsided by a third party or the target’s marginally faster swing and have my blade magically stop short of a kill. In a game that emphasizes the brutality of medieval combat, I don’t think I’ve ever seen two players inflict mutual killing blows.

• Secondly, I’d like to suggest that weapons do not immediately lose all momentum when killed. So many times I have found myself in situations where my swing is literally entering an enemy character model only to get blindsided by a third party or the target’s marginally faster swing and have my blade magically stop short of a kill. In a game that emphasizes the brutality of medieval combat, I don’t think I’ve ever seen two players inflict mutual killing blows.

Would not bode well with the amount of retard m1 spammers that play this game. (We’re talking about 75% of the population)

• @YW:

I don’t know if this has been suggested before, but skimming through some pages didn’t reveal anything:

I’d like to suggest a tackle/knockback (identical to kick and shield bash attacks) when jumping down on top of an enemy. As things are, having the high ground and jumping down at an unwary opponent actually puts you at a disadvantage due to there being no character collision. Much of the time you either bounce off as if the enemy’s head is a trampoline or, if the lower person moves in synch: it is even possible to perform a balancing act. If the lower individual is aware of the higher individual, it is also much easier for them to score a kill with an overhead swing. As said before, it would be great if jumping on top of a person for a stun/knockback were possible instead.

Secondly, I’d like to suggest that weapons do not immediately lose all momentum when killed. So many times I have found myself in situations where my swing is literally entering an enemy character model only to get blindsided by a third party or the target’s marginally faster swing and have my blade magically stop short of a kill. In a game that emphasizes the brutality of medieval combat, I don’t think I’ve ever seen two players inflict mutual killing blows.

Agreed with both suggestions. The takedown makes sense, since hight ground is actually a disadvantage in this game.

Regarding weapon momentum after death, I would agree with it doing half damage if you die mid-swing and it connects afterwards. Full damage would mean too many mutual kills.

• Killing someone mod swing means that there is no longer a force behind the actual weapon. So realistically it would do little or no damage. If it even reached the person.

• @lemonater47:

Killing someone mod swing means that there is no longer a force behind the actual weapon. So realistically it would do little or no damage. If it even reached the person.

If you want to bring realism into the question, death is rarely instant. If you get stabbed in the heart, you don’t instantly die. Even if you get hit in the head, it’s virtually impossible that the nerve impulses controlling your movement will get cut off midway.

Either way, realistically, if you died midswing, your swing will most likely be finished just as powerfully.

• i think there should be a knockback effect for jumping on someone that would knock them back a little but not a stun and for the mutally killing blows thing i think it should be implemented but with less damage for a mutual killing blow since you got hit by an attack first which would cause you to maybe mess up your atttack from pain

• @anonymous2:

i think there should be a knockback effect for jumping on someone that would knock them back a little but not a stun and for the mutally killing blows thing i think it should be implemented but with less damage for a mutual killing blow since you got hit by an attack first which would cause you to maybe mess up your atttack from pain

Erm… No, thank you.

• I’m all for the knockback when jumping on somebody. Does anybody really think running arund on a players head as this currently plays out is superior?

• @YW:

I was going to start a thread about this, but I see it is already in the above quoted, and also
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5089&start=20&hilit=mutual
    there.

Please make mutual death blows real. If you already cannot flinch someone too far along the strike animation, then make that count in death, too.
    I have had a ton of “should have hit him” strikes in my games, and it is highly aggrevating that you don’t at least take the guy with you.