The Staff Sling! Unlock from the existing beta sling.

• INFORMATION: The staff sling, also known as the stave sling, consists of a staff (a length of wood) with a short sling at one end. One cord of the sling is firmly attached to the staff and the other end has a loop that can slide off and release the projectile. Staff slings are extremely powerful because the staff can be made as long as two meters, creating a powerful lever. Ancient art shows slingers holding staff slings by one end, with the pocket behind them, and using both hands to throw the staff forward over their heads. It is generally suited for heavier missiles and siege situations as staff slings can achieve very steep trajectories for slinging over obstacles such as castle walls. The staff itself can become a close combat weapon in a melee. The staff sling can throw heavy projectiles a much greater distance and at a higher arc than a hand sling (The one already in the beta). Staff slings were in use well into the Age of Gunpowder. This is a 12th century eastern European illustration including a staff sling, used by the red shirt dude on the right:

USE IN THE GAME: The staff sling would be the heavy version and the “sequel” of the existing sling in the current content beta.

I copy-pasted the info part from wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sling_(weapon)

• Pretty cool I like it.

But to balance it with the other sling it would probably not do any melee attack.

• Nice upgrade tier to the new sling

• Wouldn’t fancy being on the receiving end of one of these… that’s if they can aim the damn thing properly haha

• I’d like this, so long as it’s balanced properly.

• This would probably take a while to reload, because the staff can be 2 meters long. That helps balance it, but the melee might still be a problem. Anyone got any ideas as to how to handle that?

• @adamcel6:

This would probably take a while to reload, because the staff can be 2 meters long. That helps balance it, but the melee might still be a problem. Anyone got any ideas as to how to handle that?

Allow blocking with it?

• @Hadron:

@adamcel6:

This would probably take a while to reload, because the staff can be 2 meters long. That helps balance it, but the melee might still be a problem. Anyone got any ideas as to how to handle that?

Allow blocking with it?

I am talking about this weapon possibly being OP. A ranged weapon that also has a melee and block. Long reload time may balance it, but still. Anyways, here is a video of it being used: tusiNAY7Utc

• @adamcel6:

@Hadron:

@adamcel6:

Allow blocking with it?

I am talking about this weapon possibly being OP. A ranged weapon that also has a melee and block. Long reload time may balance it, but still. Anyways, here is a video of it being used: tusiNAY7Utc

Javelins?