The two handed flail.

• We already have two flails but they are both one handed and can’t block without a shield (for the simple reason there is no where on the weapon to block)

A two handed flail can be slower and do more damage. Having a bit more range and can be used without the buckler sheild. It could be more predictable too if it needs to be.

• That would be one brutal weapon. 8-)

• @Unit:

That would be one brutal weapon. 8-)

The two handed flail originated from an agricultural tool but was never used by the military much. Mostly in peasant rebellions.

It would have to be slow an not overly long ranged.

• Sounds like a great idea to me

• I like it, just hopefully it’ll be properly balanced.

• You talking about this?

It looks pretty damn awesome. That second illustration next to the weapon is a cross-section of the business end of the thing.

• That thing looks like you stuck the end of the Grand Mace onto a chain, lol.

• Yes, give me my grand flail. WAIT! What about putting the end of a maul on a chain? Or better yet, just bolt on 3 halberds and a zweihander.

• two handed?

I want two headed?

or did we already get that in beta…

• @Oy:

Yes, give me my grand flail. WAIT! What about putting the end of a maul on a chain? Or better yet, just bolt on 3 halberds and a zweihander.

…or four archers.

• @gregcau:

two handed?

I want two headed?

or did we already get that in beta…

How bout a 2 handed version of that with 3 heads?! IT WOULD BE AMAZING!!!

• Or just a two handed flail.

You would still be happy with that. And that would mean there is three flails to choose from. A proper unlockable chain.

• Is the flail not a secondary unlock though? That would mean if the knight opts for a two hander primary and the grand flail, he can’t pick shields, but instead gains double two handers? Sounds like an awesomely brutal offensive knight setup. Assuming the grand flail would have reach, I might even consider carrying around a double axe with it’s riddiculous reach. Although those pesky shield MAAs would be a nuisance… Unless the grand flail is as much a shield bypassing weapon it looks to be.

• Hell yes, I’d like to see a 2 hander epic flail.

I reckon parrying with it could still work. Like the Maul parry or something.

• @Velociraptor:

Is the flail not a secondary unlock though? That would mean if the knight opts for a two hander primary and the grand flail, he can’t pick shields, but instead gains double two handers? Sounds like an awesomely brutal offensive knight setup. Assuming the grand flail would have reach, I might even consider carrying around a double axe with it’s riddiculous reach. Although those pesky shield MAAs would be a nuisance… Unless the grand flail is as much a shield bypassing weapon it looks to be.

The flail is a primary weapon. But there are only two of them. This third one means that it completes the unlock chain. It would be able to parry without that buckler but have no archer protection from the front.

Its not the only one hander primary. The war hammer. And that goes to a two handed weapon.

• I actually came onto the forum to suggest this lmao - beat me to it :'D I support the 2-handed flail idea, but personally I think Torn Banner have screwed themselves a little by having 3 tiers of each weapon because it’s making it awkward to add new weapons

but whilst we’re on the subject - I think that the heavy flail looks a little goofy and would probably be better off as a 2-balled flail instead… then the third tier could be the two-handed flail.

• @TheCheekyTree:

I actually came onto the forum to suggest this lmao - beat me to it :'D I support the 2-handed flail idea, but personally I think Torn Banner have screwed themselves a little by having 3 tiers of each weapon because it’s making it awkward to add new weapons

but whilst we’re on the subject - I think that the heavy flail looks a little goofy and would probably be better off as a 2-balled flail instead… then the third tier could be the two-handed flail.

There are already 2 in the beta right now.

• @Hadron:

@TheCheekyTree:

I actually came onto the forum to suggest this lmao - beat me to it :'D I support the 2-handed flail idea, but personally I think Torn Banner have screwed themselves a little by having 3 tiers of each weapon because it’s making it awkward to add new weapons

He said that. He just says that the heavy flail should have two balls.

• @lemonater47:

@Hadron:

@TheCheekyTree:

He said that. He just says that the heavy flail should have two balls.

Oh, ok. Apparently I misinterpreted what he was trying to say.