|SOLVED|*VIDEO* Proof That I am NOT hacking….

• Update 1/23/ 10:03 pm CST
    |SOLVED| Sort of….And I am still not a hacker, apologies will be accepted.
    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! Blade had the solution!
    Well after some serious testing tonight it appears that it is indeed the overclock. When I restored the CPU back to its default settings the speed was back to normal. I even tried to both the ram timings and the cpu settings separately and it was only the CPU settings that effected the game timing. We still have no idea why this is the case as the game should prevent this from happening to the server. Also consider how many gamers are currently running with overclocked systems that are playing the game.

The good news is:

• that non of my INI changes were responsible for the speed increase.
    • means that the INIs I posted, should still help lots of players with graphic lag issues.
    • that many of the people accused of speed hacking may indeed just be playing on an overclocked system.
    • a bug is found so the devs will hopefully fix it and all overclockers will be able to play.
    • many people will owe me an apology.

The bad news is that this will suck on many levels.
    For me:

• my game is going to look and preform like shit, I am back to square one.
    • I will not even be competitive due to the massive amount of video lag as this game is a horribly optimized resource hog.
    • I will also have to readjust to the new timing of my game, meaning that I am going to suck for a few weeks till I get used to it.
      -spend a shit ton of money for a new system just to play this game.
      -Frustration over all the posts about this game being validated.

For the community:

• I know several who are overclocking but do not have the same results
    • now that the bug has been found, here comes the exploiters of the bug.
    • Current overclockers that have the same effect as I will have to clock down making their game look and preform like shit or face the wrath of the community.

I hope that the Devs can find a way to prevent this from happening on overclocked systems and that people like myself with older PCs will still be able to Overclock and play the game.

Thanks again to everyone who supported me and those that didn’t can,
    KISS MY ASS!

Thanks to the idea by HeightofAbsurdity, I have created a video that proves I am not cheating or hacking in any way.

What you will see:
    -Current computer running processes and computer specs, hardware, showing no scripts or external hack programs.
    -Current game play with my edited config for graphics and best possible FPS in game.
    -My in game movement speed, FPS and ping.
    -Then I delete all configs and let Steam rebuild them to default.
    -Default config game play with the same movement speed, fps and ping.
    -Then I do a complete reboot, mini tutorial on over clocking the processor, and show and explain all 3 computer optimization programs that I have always used.
    -I again show all running processes and proof of no macros with the N52 game pad.
    -Start Steam and run Chivalry with default config and play with the exact same game speed I have always had.

Again, there is no scripting, macros, external hacking programs running what so ever and the game is running on default settings. This proves that I am not cheating or speed hacking in anyway and yet i still have the same movement speeds that I always had.

I am currently working with some mods and the devs in order to find the bug if there is one or if this is with in the realm of the games performance. Either way I am vindicated and am not cheating regardless of any graphic tweaks I made to the INI since I went back to the default config and still have the same speed I always have.

There should be no way any of my optimizations would have any effect on the server or the game speed. Nor should any of my previous graphic tweaks to the INI files which I had posted earlier. No one who has tested my configs came up with any speed boost thus far but have responded with better FPS in game and that was the goal.

I am also hopeful that this is proof that not everyone who is moving fast is a speed hacker. There have been many accused of speed hacking when clearly this is a game, server or lag issue.

Over this whole ordeal, people I have known and played with for years instantly turned their back on me, while others said they had my back but then joined the bandwagon of the “guilty till proven innocent” and even laughed in my face. Fortunately there have been staunch supporters that know I would never cheat or speed hack and to those of you, I thank you very much. I know who my friends are and who cannot be trusted. Karma always comes back.

So if you are still with me, the video is even longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP7SBeOpVBQ

Thank you for your consideration and I hope this relieves any doubt as to my innocence and should not reflect badly on me or the |?i??| Clan.

• I’m getting some deja vu. Not 100% sure if it was you, but didn’t you maybe already make a topic like this and received a resounding response of “nobody cares” as well as “if you’re hacking you’ll be punished, if you’re not, then that’s great.”

• You’re not wrong Demonic. Retsnom, you are really an odd duck, gotta say. Who has even publicly accused you of cheating such that these daily threads and frequent posts are warranted? I’m going to regret asking that, I’m sure.

EDIT: Just saw your video, who in their right mind would watch a 37 minute video about this?

• No, you don’t care, but you cared enough to respond. So how about if you have nothing nice to say than don’t say it.

The reason why I posted the video is because it is proof of no hacking and that I this should not bar me from playing competitively. It is also to make players and noobs aware that there seems to be a speed bug. Thus the whole accusing players of hacking when they are not should cease along with some of the hate and trolling like you are doing.

@Heartless_Killer:

You’re not wrong Demonic. Retsnom, you are really an odd duck, gotta say. Who has even publicly accused you of cheating such that these daily threads and frequent posts are warranted? I’m going to regret asking that, I’m sure.

EDIT: Just saw your video, who in their right mind would watch a 37 minute video about this?

Maybe It was not meant for you, and in all fairness I probably should have posted it in the competitive section. Because that is where this probably belongs. But is does show players that are fast players are not speed hacking.

I am not going to name names of the accusers but most are clan leaders and even former friends. I am sorry that I cluttered up the general forums and maybe a MOD will move it to the competitive section because it is really those players that need to see it.

Thus if you are not interesting in a bug, or clan/players reputation, that is cool. No need for you to post further since the both of you combined dont even have 30 posts, so clearly you are not considered a valued member of the community yet and probably have no idea how some things work around here.

• He did post this before, so now it’s really just spam. There are two reasons why he’s posting these though:

1. He enjoys the attention he gets from posting unsolicited defenses to ‘cheating’. He’s a nobody that wants people to know who he is, and this is the only idea that came to his small mind. Post videos and threads about himself in attempts to boost his ego and rep.

2. He’s a troll. A sharp eye would notice the negative responses he gives nearly everything as he searches for arguments and insults. He’s one of those kids who wakes up thinking he’s the smartest boy on the internet and tries his hardest to argue everyone into submission. Don’t fret though, if you prove him wrong, he’ll quickly disengage and cover it up with disinterest.

Just a failure on both accounts. Nothing to see here but a pathetic outreach for respect and admiration; Move along.

• @Retsnom:

No, you don’t care, but you cared enough to respond. So how about if you have nothing nice to say than don’t say it.

The reason why I posted the video is because it is proof of no hacking and that I this should not bar me from playing competitively. It is also to make players and noobs aware that there seems to be a speed bug. Thus the whole accusing players of hacking when they are not should cease along with some of the hate and trolling like you are doing.

Uh re-read my post. There was no point in it in which I insulted you. Nor did I even say I myself did not care. Not sure why you’re so defensive?

• I can assure that people do care very much about this topic. Retsnom is a clan leader and active in the competitive scene and community. There are accusations of speedhacking by other prominent individuals and as a representative of DAG this affects us quite a bit. It is fine if you don’t know who he is, but as a prominent member of the community this is actually relevant (though perhaps more to the Competitive Scene, though a lot of his last two posts have to do with the game itself possibly).

• @DemonicChocobo:

@Retsnom:

No, you don’t care, but you cared enough to respond. So how about if you have nothing nice to say than don’t say it.

Uh re-read my post. There was no point in it in which I insulted you. Nor did I even say I myself did not care. Not sure why you’re so defensive?

Sorry if I seemed that way, it has been a tough few days with my rep and clan at stake so I have been a little defensive, specially when you have trolls like JHoersten2 even cyber stalking me even in private messages yet too stupid to realize that I have posted two different videos. The first one is of me captured and posted on youtube by a member of a different clan who claims i am speed hacking. This video (see above) is one I created proving them wrong. Sadly this kid has no life. I quit responding to his PMs but he continues to troll.

• Play nice everyone, if you don’t care, don’t post. Slinging insults will only get you on the end of the mod stick, (and no, It is NOT pleasurable).

This should be hopefully put to bed now there’s video evidence. The devs will be investigating and if there is a speed inconsistency issue with different specs, hopefully find it.

• @BobT36:

Play nice everyone, if you don’t care, don’t post. Slinging insults will only get you on the end of the mod stick, (and no, It is NOT pleasurable).

The Banhammer is the usual weapon. Nothing can defeat it.

• To me it looks like you have the constant speed of the chase-code. I have an idea what might cause this, I’ll try it out and see if that works.

• You are running faster than everyone else. WTF. Either you are hacking and just made this video to say that you aren’t. Or something is fucked up. That’s no chase mechanic there.

• interesting and I believe I have seen several others with this, assumed they all speedhackers but they deny it, to the extreme, maybe you are on to something and hope the devs fix it, if this is just an elaborate troll, I must say it is pretty boring. I would not recommend you continue to play others in the meanwhile because you obviously got a huge advantage.

It is not just his running speed but attack speed as well, that is faster than normal.

• @Blackjack:

interesting and I believe I have seen several others with this, assumed they all speedhackers but they deny it, to the extreme, maybe you are on to something and hope the devs fix it, if this is just an elaborate troll, I must say it is pretty boring. I would not recommend you continue to play others in the meanwhile because you obviously got a huge advantage.

It is not just his running speed but attack speed as well, that is faster than normal.

I agree, running and attack speed seem faster than usual.

I also don’t understand why this thread is allowed to remain open when your last two threads were closed.

• So did you switch to beta and back again to make sure you are using the same build?

What do you mean your own server - are you running a server locally or does it do this on a pub server?

• Well let me answer a few of your questions. First off, the reason why the other thread was closed was because of the vile that was coming from those that saw the first video made by another clan and basically they raged and it got ugly. I got the link and posted it, with an attempt to say I wasn’t hacking regardless of the video. I posted everything I had done to my computer and the game INI files to get better FPS. None of which should have effected the game speed. But sadly there are very ignorant people that just want to hate and say you are guilty till proven innocent.

If the discourse of this thread remains civil, it will not be closed in hopes that the answer will be found and or corrected. If trolls come in and flame, they will be deleted, edited and possibly banned from commenting.

So I created this video, proving all my claims of hardware, computer tweaks and game tweaks. If you watched the whole video you will see me delete my game configs, let Steam reinstall defaults and play the game with the same speeds I have always have. Then I did a reboot to show zero outside programs running, my computer tweaks and played again with default config and still I have a speeds.

All of this has been reported to the Devs along with my edited configs. But I am sure that nothing I have done to either my computer or the previous ini tweaks should have effected my game speed. So the devs are looking into it to hopefully find the reason, confirm that I am not cheating, and or that this is an unknown bug within the game.

I believe it is an unknown bug as many other players are being accused of speed hacking like me when they are not. There is videos of both real speed hacking and this enhanced speed like what you see I have. The big difference is that I have been in this community and the competitive scene since AOC 2007, I am the leader of the |?i??| clan so any accusation of cheating would and has put both me and my clan in jeopardy with in the confines of competitive play. So I had to prove that I am not cheating in any way. Those pub players that have the same effects and are being accused of cheating, when they are not, do not have the same community presence or profile that I have so their claims of innocence would and have been ignored and flamed upon.

@gregcau:

So did you switch to beta and back again to make sure you are using the same build?
    No I have not participated in any Beta versions of the game and yes i am playing the same build of the game.
    What do you mean your own server - are you running a server locally or does it do this on a pub server?

No, I rent a server for the |?i??| clan. I logged on the the **|?i??| Thunderdome |Chicago| ** to do the first tests in the video then after the reboot I joined a pub server. Again, I have the same speed effects no matter where I go. Lag and ping seem to have little effect of my speed.

I know that many of you do not know me or the |?i??| Clan or the history of Chivalry and even AOC - Age of Chivalry HL2 Mod, that spawned this game. That is fine, I am not here to toot my own horn, troll or get attention. In the competitive scene player and clan reputation is very important in the community. |?i??| being one of the oldest clans in the game, nothing would please other clans if we went away or were banned from playing competitively. Look at what happened to the Jack Baldy clan, granted they helped create their own demise on some levels but they were clearly the team to beat, many clans were very happy they were disqualified. I am not saying |?i??| is the team to beat because currently we are not as we are in a rebuild phase from AOC to Chiv and we have had some disappointments from what were considered valued and trusted clan mates. They are no longer clan mates or friends for that matter. But that is stupid annoying clan drama.

Point being, that I have posted this to help the game improve and to remove bugs, to help players who are also accused of speed hacking as well as myself to be innocent and to be vindicated.

Again, thanks for your support as we figure out what it is and to get it fixed. I will not stop playing though as that would be silly to lose practice and it is really the only game I have played for years. Sorry if you feel that that is unfair, I can see your point but then playing against the odds will only make you a better player. It may, make me a worse player since I have always had this speed and have gotten used to it, that once the fix is found, I will have to relearn all the timings.

@Shara:

To me it looks like you have the constant speed of the chase-code. I have an idea what might cause this, I’ll try it out and see if that works.

Hopefully soon we will get some answers. Shara may be on to something as that seems more plausible than any of my guesses.

• Well sounds like your legit and its unfortunate that you have this bug because it prevents you from competitive play.

Personally I would love the bug, I might actually consistently get into the top half of the leaderboard lol.

• I’ve seen something like this before, somehow the game client would speed up the player due to a faster clock speed on their CPU. Have you tried resetting your CPU to the default clock speed to see if that’s the problem? You may also need to reset your RAM timings if they are set higher than normal to coincide with your CPU bus speed.

Just going off your video that seems to be the only thing, beyond cheating of course, that could make your game do that.

• haha, i now know i havent missed a thing by not coming to this site :D

• @Blade:

I’ve seen something like this before, somehow the game client would speed up the player due to a faster clock speed on their CPU. Have you tried resetting your CPU to the default clock speed to see if that’s the problem? You may also need to reset your RAM timings if they are set higher than normal to coincide with your CPU bus speed.

Just going off your video that seems to be the only thing, beyond cheating of course, that could make your game do that.

You are correct about having to set the ram timing to match the cpu speed but, when I had my computer at the normal cpu speed I couldn’t play it as the video was lagged by the slower processor as it was the bottleneck as to why my FPS was so shitty. As mentioned in this post on DEC 31: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=8017 Again, I have always had this same speed differential.

But still, shouldn’t the servers rates cap prevent anything like this? I know there are plenty of overclocked computers out there as well a OC video cards that are playing the game. So I am failing to see how that would effect the server with the caps in place. It is worth a shot but then the game is unplayable for me with my frame rates at that cpu speed. We really need some definitive answers.