[SOLVED] S key has stopped working entirely in game

• I started up a game and noticed that I couldn’t walk backwards, but also when I tried typing a message in chat I can’t use any s’s there either. I have noticed that when I do press the s key I hear a strange clicking noise in game. I thought it might be kind of like a menu sound, but my menus don’t make any sounds at all so I’m not sure what the noise sounds like, all I know is that no matter what I’m doing, if I’m doing it in the chivalry window, it can’t involve the letter s. I also just opened the dev console to check if it works there, it doesn’t.

• Informed a dev on this one. Very strange, how long has this been happening for?

• Just started today.

• I went back and tried reseting the key binds to default (I hadn’t actually changed anything to begin with though) and it didn’t work, unsurprisingly.

• Try deleting the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games. This will reset all keybinds and video settings.

• No dice, everything went to defaults, but S still makes weird noise and doesn’t respond.

• MYSTERY SOLVED. The sound was the Raptr dashboard app taking a screenshot. Apparently the hotkey for it is pg up + s. for some reason I guess chivalry reads my pg up key as being pressed, I don’t really know for sure why, but I disabled the screenshot feature and it’s fine.

No idea how the problem could have started so suddenly, but it is fixed. Sorry to trouble you guys with something that turned out to not be the game.

• @Brettersson:

MYSTERY SOLVED. The sound was the Raptr dashboard app taking a screenshot. Apparently the hotkey for it is pg up + s. for some reason I guess chivalry reads my pg up key as being pressed, I don’t really know for sure why, but I disabled the screenshot feature and it’s fine.

No idea how the problem could have started so suddenly, but it is fixed. Sorry to trouble you guys with something that turned out to not be the game.

Interesting. Glad that it’s fixed now :)