Mute enhancements

• I’m always a big fan of mute functions in games. It’s a fantastic way to stop someone from being an issue or hinder my enjoyment of the game. As is right now, Mute only covers 1 form of communication in game, voice chat. Unfortunately there are still 2 other provided forms of communication found in game, the text chat and the shouts/yells/callouts from the z, x, and c keys.

My suggestion to improve this function is to expand it, either whole sale or piecemeal, to all these avenues of communication. That way I don’t have to listen to the guy shouting TO ME!!! TO ME!!! TO ME!!! or shouting various racist or sexist slurs in chat. Usually my recourse is to start a kick vote when I tire of them, but this isn’t a good solution as it negatively affects their gameplay and requires a majority ruling for it to happen.

• Maybe just the knight should say something different than “to me” all the time. Then people wouldn’t do it. Maybe even “to me men” or just a simple follow me. Or something with a bit of imagination.

People spam it as its the same two words over and over. If they were different people wouldn’t do it.

• @lemonater47:

Maybe just the knight should say something different than “to me” all the time. Then people wouldn’t do it. Maybe even “to me men” or just a simple follow me. Or something with a bit of imagination.

People spam it as its the same two words over and over. If they were different people wouldn’t do it.

COME HITHER! COME HITHER! COME HITHER! COME HITHER! COME HITHER! COME HITHER!

But in all seriousness, I would like to see this.

• Personally, I love the voice commands.

• Developer

Those to me and come hither were accidental placeholders that got exposed in non TO maps.

• @sir_loin:

Those to me and come hither were accidental placeholders that got exposed in non TO maps.

Please don’t remove them. They have become part of CMW culture, if that makes sense.
    At the very least we need a “Dost thou even hoist, brother?”

• @Slaughtervomit:

Personally, I love the voice commands.

I love the voice commands to. At the start of battle when everybody presses C? That is one of the best bits. I only seek a solution when somebody starts to abuse the tools given to us.

• @Corsair:

I’m always a big fan of mute functions in games. It’s a fantastic way to stop someone from being an issue or hinder my enjoyment of the game. As is right now, Mute only covers 1 form of communication in game, voice chat. Unfortunately there are still 2 other provided forms of communication found in game, the text chat and the shouts/yells/callouts from the z, x, and c keys.

My suggestion to improve this function is to expand it, either whole sale or piecemeal, to all these avenues of communication. That way I don’t have to listen to the guy shouting TO ME!!! TO ME!!! TO ME!!! or shouting various racist or sexist slurs in chat. Usually my recourse is to start a kick vote when I tire of them, but this isn’t a good solution as it negatively affects their gameplay and requires a majority ruling for it to happen.

If the devs care about a growing community they would listen to this post.

Unfortunately I suspect they and the moderators only play in private servers and will not rank this very highly.

• @gregcau:

Unfortunately I suspect they and the moderators only play in private servers and will not rank this very highly.

Not true even a little. I don’t think mute functions are what is top priority (or even a high priority) for a growing community. A growing community needs content and bug fixes. Torn Banner is delivering both this coming patch.

Also, I have personally seen mods in several official servers. They don’t just play private ones.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@gregcau:

Not true even a little. I don’t think mute functions are what is top priority (or even a high priority) for a growing community. A growing community needs content and bug fixes. Torn Banner is delivering both this coming patch.

Also, I have personally seen mods in several official servers. They don’t just play private ones.

I’ve seen a dev once and never seen a mod in my over 100 hours of playtime. They aren’t there all the time or most of the time, and I wouldn’t expect them to be. But, a day doesn’t go by where I run into some asshat in a game whom is intent on trolling people via text or voice commands. Or is hellbent on acting like an 8 year old who thinks they know what mature means. All I desire is a solution to the problem which I can use with minimal fuss. Votekicks are insufficient and rarely pass for asshattery. Joining another server isn’t a good solution to it, especially if I like the server I was in.

No, this isn’t a huge priority, but I’m sure many players would benefit from it being implemented.

• @Sir:

@sir_loin:

Please don’t remove them. They have become part of CMW culture, if that makes sense.

Not talking about removal. But if you go and mute someone you should not

a) hear them
    b) see their text messages
    c) hear their ingame TO ME

its simple but it makes a big difference to the enjoyment of the game when trolls arrive.

• @gregcau:

@Sir:

@sir_loin:

Not talking about removal. But if you go and mute someone you should not

a) hear them
    b) see their text messages
    c) hear their ingame TO ME

its simple but it makes a big difference to the enjoyment of the game when trolls arrive.

In the next patch you can no longer “to me” spam. The agathian knight has other things to say now.

And no more “come hither”. And no more “none shall pass”.

What were they even meant to be used for, the last two?

• @lemonater47:

In the next patch you can no longer “to me” spam. The agathian knight has other things to say now.

And no more “come hither”. And no more “none shall pass”.

What were they even meant to be used for, the last two?

Come hither is come here. None shall pass is likely hold them here.

Even with these changes, though, it doesn’t invalidate expanding the mute feature to the tactical voice commands. They could still be abused. And it definitely doesn’t invalidate the text chat muting either.

It was never TO ME that I had an issue with. It was the repeated use of it with the purpose of trolling.