Again and again - Official LTS #06

• Hello guys,

well, I’ve tried a few times to get someone from the official Moderators group but there is no one that can help me and other players.
    It happens every day. 4 guys joining the Official LTS #06 (either the 24 slot or 32 slot) and tking and votekicking all other guys. Of course, the servers aren’t filled right now. It’s annoying to get tked, gang banged by both teams and then kicked.

RIght now it is the 32 slot server. Should I post the Steam ids or what can I do about this? I would just like to kill these guys, but alone it’s a bit frustrating.

Edit: They left now. But they will join another Official server.

• Who is it skalli? anyway cya online!

• Yes you need their steam ids. That’s the only way of dealing with it. That way the moderators can monitor them.

Though their response time usually takes an hour and by that time the hackers/trolls are gone. And since when you are playing It only shows the IP address the wrong one for that matter, its hard to know what server you are on and for a mod to join you. That however is being fixed so I’m told.

I think it would be faster if the mods were actually in the group chat. That means as soon as someone makes a complaint it pops up as a notification on their screen instantly.

Though there are only 9 mods I think and only about half of them are on and only about one or two actively doing something. I live in New Zealand so its even worse. Prime time gaming time is when America is asleep and Europe is working.

• We do need an admin on the server now, people screaming “nigger” “sieg heil” and other stuff and trolling constantly, kicking them but they come back different names.

official LTS 6

• @lemonater47:

Yes you need their steam ids. That’s the only way of dealing with it. That way the moderators can monitor them.

Though their response time usually takes an hour and by that time the hackers/trolls are gone. And since when you are playing It only shows the IP address the wrong one for that matter, its hard to know what server you are on and for a mod to join you. That however is being fixed so I’m told.

I think it would be faster if the mods were actually in the group chat. That means as soon as someone makes a complaint it pops up as a notification on their screen instantly.

Though there are only 9 mods I think and only about half of them are on and only about one or two actively doing something. I live in New Zealand so its even worse. Prime time gaming time is when America is asleep and Europe is working.

The problem with the group chat is if you are in game, you don’t get any notification. So everytime I’m in it and I alt tab out, I’ll see someone that messaged and then left. So sometimes, it’s best to just send a message.

Also, keep in mind, that we decided to do this mod steam group to help out when we can, but it’s not a 24/7 thing. We’re just volunteers. And with the beta up right now, most of us are in there testing and monitoring the servers as well.

So when people send me a message, I’ve asked the other mods that are online if they are in the regular game and beta and see if they can help.

Once the content update is released, things will be back on track and more things will be in place to combat hackers and trolls. So in the meantime, just keep track of who these people are and send me a list. I’ve got a nice long list now of people’s steam id’s of potential hackers/trolls.

Thanks.

• Sorry you’re having problems with that server. The Steam mod group is the right place to go for this so you did the right thing, It was just unfortunate timing, and yes please save their SteamIDs and some evidence.

As Kimi mentioned we’re simply volunteers here so we can’t offer a 24/7 support service.

Between our personal working lives, sleep, eating, moderating the forums and free / personal gaming time, it unfortunately means we can’t always be around at all times to jump on the servers, especially if timezones clash. I’m also personally incapacitated with illness too so unfortunately so can’t be on to help. I’m just posting here from my phone. :(

Like I said though the Steam group Is the right place to go, try PM’ing any of us if we’re online, and if not, save screenshots and Steam Ids and PM them to us on here.

We’re working on getting a forum section created where you can only see your own topics and confidentially report hacks / abuse, this requires a few forum software addons which we’re not sure are compatible at the moment though, but hopefully we can get it working and it may help.