Bane of Men mode(Wave-Based Survival alternative)

• LORD TIBBERIUS BANE
    “A man immortal lies here slain, it seems we all need a brain.
    A man respected in his reign, here he rests until he lead again”

The Bane of Men mode
    Wave based survival against the legions of the undead

The idea came from viewing a gravestone in the Stoneshill graveyard. Which read what is written above. Now there have been several threads dedicated to the suggestion of a zombie mode. With opinions clashing on the forums as hard as blades do in-game, one side yelling for zombies, the other yelling for peasant revolt. I propose this compromise.

Legions of the Undead. Much like the Spectral Figure on Hillside map, only more visible, with armor. Armed with all the unsavoury weaponry you have your own hands on online, they will come at you in greater numbers, from nothing but bare bones(pun intended) to armored ribs and unbelievable large swords. It does not matter what team you are on, Mason or Agatha, they will have to work together to survive. But weapons of steel aren’t the only thing the survivors should have. The cunning Masons and the strong Agathians aren’t fools. They have set up balista positions and catapults to try and clear out as much of the horde as they can. Traps and barriers constructed to deny access to the foul undead, all to drive them before you, and sadly not hear the lamentation of their women because they are most likely dead as well. But to see them driven before you and to slaughter them all to the last.

And if they do succeed in slaughtering them to the last, they incure the wrath of…

Lord Tibberius Bane!

Lord Tibberius Bane, the Lord of the Undead Legion, respected in his reign, arisen to lead again, will fight you himself to the death, acting as the final boss. Much like the King on Stoneshill, extra health, but not only that. Lord Tibberius Bane didn’t rise to the position of Lord by being born into it(well, he sort of did but that’s not the point), he fought for it with tooth and claw, and his prowess in battle is unmatched by any man. But several(I’m thinking either parties of 4 or 6 for the survival) are a match for him. Sort of. Depending on their skill.

Now as I stated before, aside from weapons, fixed positions and traps, the players themselves should be able to benefit and trust upon their compatriots. I believe that battlecries can make the difference here. Each class’ (stationary) battlecry will have a unique buff effect to those in the vicinity. MaA’s might speed up the movement speed of others. Knights may improve damage reduction. Archers could add melee attack speed(?). Vanguards perhaps improve melee damage.
    I hope that such a feature would improve teamplay.

Well, so far my suggestion. I hope you’ve all enjoyed the read and I’ll be happy to hear any ideas, criticism or support for this.

EDIT; I forgot to add why this would be a compromise. It’s a mix between zombies and peasants because they are undead(zombie part) and they are armed(peasants).

• Please… Please no…

• @Hadron:

Please… Please no…

Why not?

• @slibbfalusken:

@Hadron:

Please… Please no…

Why not?

Because this is a game about medieval battles not The Walking Dead.

• @gregcau:

I realise that, but alot of fans have been asking for a survival or co-op mode. While I would be happy to see a peasant revolt gametype, alot of other players that want survival mode wish for zombies(Much inspired by L4D Call of Duty zombies no doubt).

And I thought this way I could strike somewhat of a compromise. Plus, we already have Ghosty, the Mason Ghost on hillside. Granted, he’s most likely just an easter egg but still.

• @SharpshotSid:

@gregcau:

I realise that, but alot of fans have been asking for a survival or co-op mode. While I would be happy to see a peasant revolt gametype, alot of other players that want survival mode wish for zombies(Much inspired by L4D Call of Duty zombies no doubt).

And I thought this way I could strike somewhat of a compromise. Plus, we already have Ghosty, the Mason Ghost on hillside. Granted, he’s most likely just an easter egg but still.

I’d rather have a peasant rebellion. I would play L4D if I wanted zombies.

• @lemonater47:

@SharpshotSid:

@gregcau:

I’d rather have a peasant rebellion. I would play L4D if I wanted zombies.

Guys. GUYS. Look up “Filthy Peasants”, and look in the thread there. BEST suggestion yet, and I give it my support.

• @Hadron:

Guys. GUYS. Look up “Filthy Peasants”, and look in the thread there. BEST suggestion yet, and I give it my support.

Like I said, this would be a compromise between the two. I too prefer peasant rebellion as to zombies, but I feel like this is a “middle of the road”-type of solution.

• @SharpshotSid:

@Hadron:

Like I said, this would be a compromise between the two. I too prefer peasant rebellion as to zombies, but I feel like this is a “middle of the road”-type of solution.

It is, but I think the peasant rebellion is preferred by most people, as it’s not “yet another game that has a zombie mode”, it’s “oh look! A survival mode that’s NOT always zombies! Hooray!”

• @Hadron:

but I think the peasant rebellion is preferred by most people

I’ve not yet seen any clear majority for either, honestly.

• @SharpshotSid:

@Hadron:

I trawl through this forum a lot, (since I’m not always at my gaming comp :/), and the number of zombie threads is huge. But what’s also huge is the amount of support that Filthy Peasants thread got - I think there was a poll on it at one point, can’t remember.

• @Hadron:

@SharpshotSid:

@Hadron K:

I trawl through this forum a lot, (since I’m not always at my gaming comp :/), and the number of zombie threads is huge. But what’s also huge is the amount of support that Filthy Peasants thread got - I think there was a poll on it at one point, can’t remember.

cough makes up his own stats