Firepots do no damage

• … When they directly impact someone. Instead, the target flinches, but takes zero damage even if they stand in the flames on the ground for the duration. Absolutely zero damage.

Try it next time you see an AFKer, just chuck a firepot at his face, he’ll flinch, then be totally fine and without the telltale scorched armor look.

• Actually on hit he will take some damage.

But he will not burn.

• When I tested it with a friend of mine it was zero damage, but it’s possible that it does damage on the same level as a kick if you hit him in the face or something. We didn’t exactly do extensive tests, just “Throw at guy, no damage, throw at ground, damage” to prove my theory since I’d noticed this in-game.

• Firepots are a bit buggy. Needs more tracers. If the firepot even uses them.

• buuummmpp, this still occurs.

People seem to get flinched on direct hits from firepots but take no damage, also recently the fire will animate on the ground where you hit them, but it won’t do damage or set alight anyone who walks over it, instead there is an invisible patch of fire where the firepot would’ve landed had it not hit somebody.

• Oh wow, almost-6-month necro bump.

I mean it’s a relevant bump, but still, holy cow.

• Ironically enough in Age of Chivalry people would be taking more damage if they got hit directly since the firepot unleashed its potential on their armour and not on the ground.
    Directly hitting some one with a firepot should be a reward, not a punish.

• Well now if you direct hit someone with a firepot they catch fire. But only die to the fact the fire is burning in the ground and he’s standing in it.

• @lemonater47:

Well now if you direct hit someone with a firepot they catch fire. But only die to the fact the fire is burning in the ground and he’s standing in it.

They only catch fire if the firepot would’ve landed close enough (had it not hit them) for them to be set on fire by it hitting the ground

1ln5VWC5JFY