Votekicking..

• This has to be removed. The community is not fit to use it.

QAs

But, if we remove the Votekick system the trolls will come and ruin it!! Right?!
    No. Add a thing where if you kill 4 teammates you will get auto kicked.

The AFKs will just stay there and do nothing, that would be boring, right?
    No. Add a thing where if he is AFK for more then 3 mins he will get auto kicked but can rejoin the server.

But people will be commiting suicide and being useless to the team!
    Hm. I have not quite thought about this. If you suicide 5 times, your auto kicked, but I don’t know what to do to people just stayin in one spot like on ruins and taunting and letting theirselves die without suiciding.

But people will be archers and we wouldn’t get to kick them!
    I agree on this one. If anyone selects archer, they get auto banned from all the offical servers.

• Suggested MANY times and repulsed just as many times.

• Problem is with the autokicking, what if some nubs keep running into your attacks and getting hit?

What if people do 3 tks and stop till the counter resets? (it has to at some point, cmon everyone’s had an unfortunate catapult shot).

What if they get you down to 1% HP, then leave you to die?

What If they just sit screaming insults and obscenities?

The problem Is, a community unfit to use a perfectly fair votekick system will ALWAYS find a way to troll and abuse. A completely automated system cannot differentiate between accidental kills or abuse, It has no idea. People, actually can, even if they’re tards.

• Did you forget to add, “What if a hacker joins the server and no admin is on?”

• Also: the community learns. It was the samea few weeks after launch when the trolls discovered how to votekick, but in the week before the winter sales madness the problem had become virtually nonexistant (for me anyway, and i played a lot of pubs during that period), people just didn’t thoughtlessly mash VOTE YES anymore, probably because most active players had been kicked themselfes without reason at some point.
    It returned with the influx of new players, but i don’t see why those shouldn’t be able to learn as well.
    Let’s see how the adjusted votekick threshold works out, i’m somewhat confident.

• There are other ways to grief your team other than TKing them. After all, a TK is a team kill. Smacking around a poor MAA until he’s at like half health is already a death sentence for him and he’s forced to wait for the heal, assuming you aren’t doing this in the midst of battle in which case he’s screwed if he can’t get out of there. You can also do things like kick a teammate right before every enemy swing rendering him unable to parry against it.

What can the victim do?

Nothing. Because if he attempts to eliminate the griefer 4 times he gets autokicked.

I think the best way to go about it is that only your own team can call a votekick on you and only your own team is allowed to vote on it. Votekicking should only be completely removed in FFA. Worst case scenario is that there’s a hacker and even then an FFA is way too hectic and silly for it to matter much.

• @carrion:

Also: the community learns. It was the samea few weeks after launch when the trolls discovered how to votekick, but in the week before the winter sales madness the problem had become virtually nonexistant (for me anyway, and i played a lot of pubs during that period), people just didn’t thoughtlessly mash VOTE YES anymore, probably because most active players had been kicked themselfes without reason at some point.
    It returned with the influx of new players, but i don’t see why those shouldn’t be able to learn as well.
    Let’s see how the adjusted votekick threshold works out, i’m somewhat confident.

I’ve been kicked once. I was winning so I’ll assume their reasoning was “Hes too good.” Other than that I’ve seen a few pointless votekicks, but they’ve never been successful. My own votekicks initiated against people whom are trolling verbally rarely succeed, as well.

But ones against tkers, afkers, and other similar issues succeed almost every time. I’d say it’s working just fine. Big issues.

The only thing I want to see changed right now is a limit to the number people can initiate in a match. So the one person abusing the function can’t camp it.

• @BobT36:

Problem is with the autokicking, what if some nubs keep running into your attacks and getting hit?

What if people do 3 tks and stop till the counter resets? (it has to at some point, cmon everyone’s had an unfortunate catapult shot).

What if they get you down to 1% HP, then leave you to die?

What If they just sit screaming insults and obscenities?

The problem Is, a community unfit to use a perfectly fair votekick system will ALWAYS find a way to troll and abuse. A completely automated system cannot differentiate between accidental kills or abuse, It has no idea. People, actually can, even if they’re tards.

@ChuckingIt:

Did you forget to add, “What if a hacker joins the server and no admin is on?”

This

There are more ways to troll or annoy people than TK. They could block you or block entrances/exits. Run in front of you while you fight, injure you instead of kill you. Lots of options.

Yeah it sucks to be wrongfully kicked, but it doesn’t happen very often at all. Plus, does it really affect you? Not really, just gotta go jump on another server. There are more downsides to taking votekick than having it. It’s the lesser of two evils.

• I totally agree.
    Just played on a server, a few there just started to teamkill each others. Made it very boring to us, and people started to complaining about No Vote System And that made us leave the game.

• Have a console command. Means all the noobs and 12 year olds can’t use it.

Sensible people know what is is as they have a legitimate reason th kick someone and look for the command.

It was hardly abused when it was a console command.

• @lemonater47:

Have a console command. Means all the noobs and 12 year olds can’t use it.

Sensible people know what is is as they have a legitimate reason th kick someone and look for the command.

It was hardly abused when it was a console command.

True enough. But how do you think the game will be without any kicksystem/Bansystem ?
    Soon or later, people will lose interessted in this game because of noobs.
    As: Team Killers, Team Attackers etc. We need to find a way. Autoban a few hours instead of autokick, is my opinion. What if there was a automatically kicksystem who kick Team Killers What if they join again and killl our team again and again?

• it’s not only a console command anymore. if you press “b” (default) while the scoreboeard is open you get buttons for muting and votekicking. not exactly intuitive though, so many don’t find it.

• Take out features because you don’t like the way the community uses it? Lmao.

What’s next? Removing LMB slashing? Removing Archers? Removing shields?

This is ridiculous. The game is not to blame for the communities action. Blame the server admins who are not watching over the conduct of their servers.

Your misplaced blame and irrational solution gave me a good laugh this morning.