So with all this medievalness lately..

• First of all, hello, I’m new here and this is my first post/topic in this forums so I’m pleased to be a part of it. I already have the game and I am waiting for my new PC to arrive so I can play :3

So I’ve been into medieval stuff for a very long time, especialy a big fan of AoE2 and Stronghold with a flavor of Medieval: total war, so I’ve been doing some reading and searching regading those ages and I found something I thought interesting, personaly.

Click the links, get pretty pictures :3

First about the Mason Order’s insignia

and then on their armor and general appearence

So those are my findings, the pictures I have put together are armor and appearence of the byzantine empire’s military back in the middle ages, along with a soldier of the Vangarian guard, a large group of mercenaries that later became the emperor’s personal guard. Now I might be totally inaccurate, but I was just realy curious if Torn Banner realy drew inspiration from the Byzantine army when they designed the Mason Order classes, the similarities are uncanny :3

Anyway, that what I had to share, hoping to enjoy this game, I hear it’s great fun ^^

• Well the Mason order in Chiv is fictitious, as is the lore and background.

However they did draw a lot of inspiration from real world weapons and armour, that’s why a lot of it looks so similar to other stuff.

The combat and gameplay is based on all the awesome movies like Braveheart and Troy and so on hehe.

• @BobT36:

Well the Mason order in Chiv is fictitious, as is the lore and background.

However they did draw a lot of inspiration from real world weapons and armour, that’s why a lot of it looks so similar to other stuff.

The combat and gameplay is based on all the awesome movies like Braveheart and Troy and so on hehe.

Mhmm! I have read about the lore, I like it a lot, just thought those similarities were awesome is all x3
    Probably cause Byzantium is in the history of my birthplace, still looking forward to playing ^^

• That second link was pretty awesome, the armor definitely looks like it was the inspiration for the mason design. This game is amazing, just don’t get discourage if you get your butt kicked for the first few games. Chiv is easy to play, but hard to master, so when you get your new computer I hope you master it!

• I will be a noble knight eventually, thanks for the kind words ^^

• Welcome, looking forward to stab you. :fight:

• Welcome! The Noble thing may be a bit over rated though :)

There’s something about selecting the MAA and running around with no weapon yelling for help as Van’s and Knights chase you around the map swinging for the fences. Not “Noble” but sure is fun to do…

• @Blade:

Welcome! The Noble thing may be a bit over rated though :)

There’s something about selecting the MAA and running around with no weapon yelling for help as Van’s and Knights chase you around the map swinging for the fences. Not “Noble” but sure is fun to do…

Haha, I’m sure I will give all classes a try sooner or later :3

• Thanks for that.