1h weapons hit

• Seriously, i hate, no I FUCKING HATE 1h in this game.
    They are so much superior to 2h. Their hit box (or whatever) is sooo incredible good its very easy to get around a block or parry. Too easy for my opinion.
    It doesent matter what class you choose, the 1h swords/maces and the superior hammer are completly ridiculously
    I do know how to block them, but its sooooo hard and the knockback effects makes it even harder.
    Man, I dont get annoyed by the knockbacks (flinch or whatever) from 2h, they feel even easier…
    Its hard for me to predict another attack (either slash or overhead) when i get flinched so hard.
    And then there are some funny cases (doesent happen too much anyway) where you can even go thru the block with a 1h (with either piercing, slash or overhead)

• @janii:

Their hit box (or whatever) is sooo incredible good its very easy to get around a block or parry. Too easy for my opinion.

what makes the hitbox for 1h weapons better than 2h?

• Weapons don’t use hitboxes, they use tracers. Start up a local game and type aoc_drawtracers 1 in the console to test it out.

• @Martin:

Weapons don’t use hitboxes, they use tracers. Start up a local game and type aoc_drawtracers 1 in the console to test it out.

oh shit that’s cool

any way I can see the hitboxes for the shields?

• Not to my knowledge, but I want do be able to do that, because I’m convinced they passively block projectiles bigger than the actual shield model itself.

• @Martin:

Not to my knowledge, but I want do be able to do that, because I’m convinced they passively block projectiles bigger than the actual shield model itself.

oh well yeah everyone knows that
    I can see that arrow stuck in midair right above my shield in 1st person

I’m sure this works for weapons too, but you just can’t really tell with weapons

• @Martin:

Not to my knowledge, but I want do be able to do that, because I’m convinced they passively block projectiles bigger than the actual shield model itself.

I thought that is intended.

• @janii:

Seriously, i hate, no I FUCKING HATE 1h in this game.
    They are so much superior to 2h. Their hit box (or whatever) is sooo incredible good its very easy to get around a block or parry. Too easy for my opinion.
    It doesent matter what class you choose, the 1h swords/maces and the superior hammer are completly ridiculously
    I do know how to block them, but its sooooo hard and the knockback effects makes it even harder.
    Man, I dont get annoyed by the knockbacks (flinch or whatever) from 2h, they feel even easier…
    Its hard for me to predict another attack (either slash or overhead) when i get flinched so hard.
    And then there are some funny cases (doesent happen too much anyway) where you can even go thru the block with a 1h (with either piercing, slash or overhead)

This is likely because the player with the 1h is so close it becomes very difficult to know where to block. You can do the same thing, and in fact it is more effective, with a 2h to do it. I pretty consistently work my way to a player’s left side and M1 them around their parry/block. Good players know what I’m doing and block me rather than die. That and I’m pretty predictable with it.

• @Martin:

Weapons don’t use hitboxes, they use tracers. Start up a local game and type aoc_drawtracers 1 in the console to test it out.

Whats the differents between the red and blue?
    the meaning.

Ima testing the heavy javelines…& its Tracers/hit register dont add up :|

• I’ve forgotten the difference. I wonder if the blue lines are even needed anymore or just wasting bandwidth…

• I wonder if it isn’t there to show the where is the tip of your weapon’s attack.

• @Holy.Death:

I wonder if it isn’t there to show the where is the tip of your weapon’s attack.

I was thinking the same from the looks of it.
    Claymore and Longswords go through alot of walls.

4Zee example the halberd.
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560 … 359372BCE/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560 … F971F7E2D/
    thos are as close as i could get without touching the walls

• I think this is one of those times where the phrase “learn to play” actually holds water.

• @Martin:

maaan that sound cool, but for some reason i caínt use it… i started a game and typed in in the console: aoc_drawtracers 1, is says that the command is not recognized :c any thoughts ?