How do you Level up in Chivalry

• So I have been playing quite a bit of chivalry since i got it during the steam sale. Even unlocked a few veteran helmets. I see all these achievements for leveling up but I never get any points towards leveling up or see how to get these points. Can someone explain to me how to level up?
    Thanks!

PS FIRST POST W00T :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Kills and assists are the only things that go towards leveling up. So if rank matters to you, pub stomp hard and get plenty of kills/assists!

• I have a ton of kills I dont understand how I haven’t hit level one yet?

• Those achievements don’t work right now :oops:

• How do I know what Level I am then?

• Wait, what level does it say on scoreboard?(number to the left of your name)

• IDK I’ll have to check when I get home from work. But your telling me that by my name on left there should be a number and that number is my level?

• Its not exactly “leveling” in the traditional sense, you don’t get anything but a higher number on the scoreboard next to your name. It does tend to give you a good idea of how much experience someone has playing the game though. I’m only rank 31, I just only play duel servers where you only get in maybe 15 duels per game, and no assists. A skilled person in a TO match can get twice that plus assists.

• Super old pic, but check out the scoreboard and the numbers to the left of the players names.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … =103863778

• Awesome guys thanks for all the helpful answer! :D :D :D :D
    Really loving the battle system in this game!! I play a lot of Movie Battles II which has a VERY complex saber system. This game has a lot more polish then that mod for sure.

• Also I’m disappointed that I’ll never get my achievements for levels 1-20. But on topic yes the level is next to your name but actually has nothing to do with anything.

• @ChuckingIt:

Kills and assists are the only things that go towards leveling up. So if rank matters to you, pub stomp hard and get plenty of kills/assists!

Curious, what about those points you gain from pushing carts or burning homes & slaying screaming people?

Don’t they account for something??

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@ChuckingIt:

Kills and assists are the only things that go towards leveling up. So if rank matters to you, pub stomp hard and get plenty of kills/assists!

Curious, what about those points you gain from pushing carts or burning homes & slaying screaming people?

You get to be the Viking Warlord at the top of the scoreboard.

I really think they should allow score to give experience as well though- maybe 100 points = 1 kill worth of experience. So an end score of 1700 would equal to 17 kills worth of experience.

But it should be limited to giving experience to one or the other.

If you get 17 kills but a score of 1500, you only get experience for the kills.

If you get 1700 end score but only 15 kills, you only get experience for the end score.

That way it wouldn’t be a double exp event every TO.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@ChuckingIt:

No scoreboard score does not translate to XP gained. So camping the ballista on stage 3 hillside will not level you up quicker. Only kills and assists.

• I seemed to stop ranking up ages ago. Reached rank 27 weeks ago and haven’t budged since.

Not really bothered though but I didn’t get some of the achievements that I’m sure I should have had by now like Sands Of Time, Mason Order Supporter, Fire Nemesis and the rank ones. A few others don’t seem to be gaining progress as well.

• Just wondering if it matters what rank you kill/assist kill? That is to say; will your rank increase quicker by killing high ranking players??

• I always wonder why anyone would be bothered not having a certain ‘you reached level 10’ achievement.
    The only time I have looked at the ranks is today to see which are the newbies and which are the experienced players.

• Opponent rank doesn’t matter either. You get 200xp for a kill and 100xp for an assist. You can’t see your total experience right now though through legitimate means.

• @Martin:

Opponent rank doesn’t matter either. You get 200xp for a kill and 100xp for an assist. You can’t see your total experience right now though through legitimate means.

Cool thanks for that, do you know what the ratio increase is as you go up through the ranks? Feels like I’ve been stuck on 30 for yonks. That said, I’m mainly on a Multiplay server.

• Can i use that rank for something?