Kick vs. Jump

• Okay, I just want something cleared up.

Most people here will probably be aware that when you use kick it will fail if the target jumps.

It’s obviously inconvenient but I was wondering if this was an intended feature or whether this is in fact a bug.

I am just sceptical of it being intended because they never mention it either in the tutorial or in the loading tips.

• It has to do with interrupting frames.

Try hitting someone successfully, and then kicking them while they are still in their recovery frames- it wont phase them at all.

But at any rate, kick comes out so fast that jumping to avoid one isn’t very effective and doesn’t happen that often.

• Kick is pretty bugged, sometimes after getting hit I’ll kick and it’ll take the stam, but nothing will happen. Sometimes with elevation, it doesn’t work. (I know they’re fixing that part in the beta)

I feel like the flinch time after being hit is even more for kicks than for swings. Sometimes I’m in facehugging range and spamming kick, and I’ll end up being hit 3-5 times with nothing happening, no kicks at all, no animations, just no response whatsoever. It’s finicky, and it frustrates me.

• @Stillbjorn:

Kick is pretty bugged, sometimes after getting hit I’ll kick and it’ll take the stam, but nothing will happen. Sometimes with elevation, it doesn’t work. (I know they’re fixing that part in the beta)

I feel like the flinch time after being hit is even more for kicks than for swings. Sometimes I’m in facehugging range and spamming kick, and I’ll end up being hit 3-5 times with nothing happening, no kicks at all, no animations, just no response whatsoever. It’s finicky, and it frustrates me.

Yeah I was about to make a new thread, this happens to me a lot too.

• In the beta, due to the elevation fixes…. Some pretty silly kick tricks have become possible.

Such as a flying jump kick to the persons face that ends its animation before you hit the floor, allowing you to keep your momentum, and quickly hit your opponent with a down looking overhead of one of the axes.

• @WalrusJones:

In the beta, due to the elevation fixes…. Some pretty silly kick tricks have become possible.

Such as a flying jump kick to the persons face that ends its animation before you hit the floor, allowing you to keep your momentum, and quickly hit your opponent with a down looking overhead of one of the axes.

Its still hard to pull off successfully.

• @lemonater47:

@WalrusJones:

In the beta, due to the elevation fixes…. Some pretty silly kick tricks have become possible.

Its still hard to pull off successfully.

I have four hours of practice on them…. Still somewhat hard to do.

I concur.

(Basically, my entire beta experience has been jumpkicks and smokebrawling so far.)