First Time Setup

• I have 50 hours into Chivalry, and starting yesterday whenever I try to open chivalry a window pops up saying: “Performing First Time Setup, Step 1 out of 3.” Then it is just stuck there, i waited for a while, but it does not move. I know this is not my first time playing chivalry, it just started yesterday and I don’t know how to fix it.

I tried reinstalling Chivalry, doing the old trick of going to the chivalry folder and running two applications, but nothing helps.

This is also the case for games like Natural Selection 2.

• Bump, really want to play.

• @tempchar1:

This is also the case for games like Natural Selection 2.

NS2 won’t load past the first time installation either?

Well the first step is the Visual C++ redistributable files. So if it’s stalling there, it’s a good chance that there’s a problem with the installation of that on your system. Try uninstalling them from your system and then rerunning the vcredist executables.

• How exactly do I do that?

Sorry not a computer expert.

I noticed other people have this problem too.

• @tempchar1:

How exactly do I do that?

Sorry not a computer expert.

I noticed other people have this problem too.

Nuke these guys (you may not have all of the same ones that I have since I have Visual Studio 2010 installed).

[attachment=0:3f7c1m5v]vcredist.jpg[/attachment:3f7c1m5v]

• I had one, removed it, reinstalled it, didn’t work.

• It just started happening yesterday with Chivalry and NS2 for no apparent reason? Did you install any Windows Updates?

• Those are the two games I tested, the exact thing that happend was that I was playing Chivalry, and was tired so I quit. I accidently hit the play button again and I wanted to close it, but instead the first time setup box came up, so I was able to cancel it.

I didn’t install any updates, it happend right after I exited Chivalry normally.

• Okay I reinstalled steam, didn’t work.

I’m about to throw something at my computer.

• Any other games not working?

Try deleting the clientregistry.blob files and verify the game cache of Chivalry after:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

• Didn’t work, but I had steam open while doing this. Should I have it closed?

• @tempchar1:

Didn’t work, but I had steam open while doing this. Should I have it closed?

Yes!

• Exited steam, deleted both blobs, finally–-- I’m not suprised.

Didn’t work.

Is there a way to contact steam support or someone higher than this? My money is really going to waste.

• @tempchar1:

Exited steam, deleted both blobs, finally–-- I’m not suprised.

Didn’t work.

Is there a way to contact steam support or someone higher than this? My money is really going to waste.

https://support.steampowered.com/

Be sure to tell them it’s not just Chivalry giving you problems.

• Sorry for the bump, but this issue was solved! I dug in the Win74 (probaly not the number but w/e) folder in chivalry, and launched the UDK application, and I was able to bypass the first time setup window!

So, this issue has been solved!

• @tempchar1:

Sorry for the bump, but this issue was solved! I dug in the Win74 (probaly not the number but w/e) folder in chivalry, and launched the UDK application, and I was able to bypass the first time setup window!

So, this issue has been solved!

You may or may not have issues with Steam not recording your stats/achievements if you do it that way. Just a heads up.