Free to play

• @Archyy:

this should be F2p not because it is 25$ but because it is glitchy, bugged beyond anything i would have imagined… I wanted to buy this game after some reviews but thank god steam gave us a f2p weekend to show me that this game is not worth even 0.00001$.

You ask 25$ for a game that it this state it should be in Alpha or early Closed Beta, not a released product… Jeez Batman… How did this game ended up on steam again?

GJ at your failtroll attempt XD

• An update is coming in the next few days with many fixes, more maps and more weapons. The game runs just fine for me and if you think 25 bucks is too much… Don’t buy it and go somewhere else.

Player counts for the game are between 6 and 7 thousand on regular weekends, and competing with such games as Far Cry 3 in regards to players playing on Steam.

So either all these players are wrong and the game sucks & unplayable, or you’re a fool who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

My money’s on option 2.

• @manofwar:

you should make it free to play all the time and just advertise … for the people who bought it dont get advertisements and special weapons. please consider it because i dont have the proper funds but id love to play it … thank you for your time and consideration

£9 that’s nearly free. Special weapons for those who pay is tantamount to buying victory, which is a big NO in my book.

• Guess it’s gone back up to full price, my bad. Still; if you only half like it having tried it for free, wait a couple of months for the next half price sale.

• @Reginhard:

Guess it’s gone back up to full price, my bad. Still; if you only half like it having tried it for free, wait a couple of months for the next half price sale.

It’s still 50% off until Monday at 10am Pacific Time according to Steam.

• @Hadron:

@Archyy:

this should be F2p not because it is 25$ but because it is glitchy, bugged beyond anything i would have imagined… I wanted to buy this game after some reviews but thank god steam gave us a f2p weekend to show me that this game is not worth even 0.00001$.

You ask 25$ for a game that it this state it should be in Alpha or early Closed Beta, not a released product… Jeez Batman… How did this game ended up on steam again?

GJ at your failtroll attempt XD

not trying to troll. sincerly Dota 2 is 27$ and wanna compare the quality and the ammount of content from both games? sincerly step back and look at the pile of crap that CMW is… There are games with way more content, insane quality and way cheaper.

Not talking about the “you have a pc can;t afford a 25$ game?” I am playing subscription games and thing is that if i wanna give away even 25$ i wanna feel like i didn;t just throw 25$ in the toilet.

If you think i am trying to troll this game and W.e ok, that is your problem but i played for example Mount and Blade Warband and for fairly the same price / genre you get a hell more content, way less buggs, and same graphics.

Have a nice evening fanboys.

• I think the game definitely needs some sort of advertising system, as is seen in Valve games (short advert on server join, nothing after that), as this helps servers owners pay for servers. This game should not be F2P though.

• @Archyy:

not trying to troll. sincerly Dota 2 is 27$ and wanna compare the quality and the ammount of content from both games? sincerly step back and look at the pile of crap that CMW is… There are games with way more content, insane quality and way cheaper.

Not talking about the “you have a pc can;t afford a 25$ game?” I am playing subscription games and thing is that if i wanna give away even 25$ i wanna feel like i didn;t just throw 25$ in the toilet.

If you think i am trying to troll this game and W.e ok, that is your problem but i played for example Mount and Blade Warband and for fairly the same price / genre you get a hell more content, way less buggs, and same graphics.

I have seen some Warband gameplay and to me it looks like complete dog shit. Sorry you don’t like Chivalry, but just because you’re horrible at the game doesn’t make it bad. Go back to Warband or Dota 2 if you like them so much. Don’t bing your shit slinging hate to the forums. It doesn’t bring anything constructive to the game whatsoever.

Have a nice evening, non-fanboy…?

• @Archyy:

You obviously weren’t around when M&B was released or you’d eat your words.

• @Archyy:

You serious?

• This dude is a spawn from the wow mmo generation, every game must be atleast 1000h play time to be worth paying anything for. If you compaire this game to dota, this game has alot more maps and game styles than dota. The only thing dota has is more different heros… i would hardly call that variety.

• @Onetastic:

This dude is a spawn from the wow mmo generation, every game must be atleast 1000h play time to be worth paying anything for. If you compaire this game to dota, this game has alot more maps and game styles than dota. The only thing dota has is more different heros… i would hardly call that variety.

Agreed. I have an IRL friend who plays both games, and he says that CMW is so much better in basically every way.

• Heh, yup i am a WoW gamer or i was till Blizzard decided to turn WoW into a pile of crap.

About the M&B comment i am talking how M&B is now (Warband, Fire and Sword, Napoleonic Wars), not how it was 5 years ago since year is 2013 not 2008.

About being good at this game, i never tried to be good since after few games and shitloads of bugs, video glitches, and flying pigs carrying a knight that has a Axe in his hand and the other axe sticks from his helmet (wierd, sad that i didn;t take a SS), i have decided that this game is not worth my time.

Put on Steam shop the limit to games to “games under 10 euros” and you will find games that are way better made than this one and at half price. Ofc the devs need money, server maintenance costs money, and so long but you can make custom banners, custom armors, custom shields, bows, flags that will be in a shop for ppl to buy…

Anyway, if you like this game with all his Knights with axes instead of brains and all that, buy it by all means, if instead you are looking for a finished product that works well, has an acceptable number of bugs (no product is without bugs) and maybe is somewhat ballanced… Well CMW is not your game.

With all the respect to the Fanboys, Trolls and Idiots…
    Archyy

• @Archyy:

About the M&B comment i am talking how M&B is now (Warband, Fire and Sword, Napoleonic Wars), not how it was 5 years ago since year is 2013 not 2008.

I bought Warband last summer steam sale for 5 bucks.
    It was very enjoyable for a few 6 hours (just checked my steam library to verify the exact number of hours), but that’s pretty much it, it got pretty stale pretty quickly.
    After those 6 hours, I wished there were a game like this but, well, better and skill-based.
    I found out about WotR, got into the beta, unfortunately it was the same random combat mechanics, just a Mount&Blade graphically overhauled.
    Then I found out about Chivalry, it has its issue but after almost 150 hours, it’ still enjoyable.

So, by any means, go play Warband and leave Chivalry alone, just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you should get it for free and ruin it for everybody else.

• @Archyy:

You realize this game was made by like 8 people who never met each other except through the internet right? With such a small team there’s bound to be some problems, heck look at Fallout 3, that game is the most horribly bug-ridden thing in the entire world and it was released. Bethesda had hundreds of people working on it and they still couldn’t get all the bugs out.

That said, bugs or not, this game is ridiculously fun and I think it’s a huge insult to say that it’s not worth $25. Do us a favor and keep your negativity to yourself, this forum is for people who enjoy the game, not trolls who are trying to bash the developers.

• FTP is a very specific model. You have to build around it.

Chivalry is not built for that kind of model.

• @Andrew:

FTP is a very specific model. You have to build around it.

Chivalry is not built for that kind of model.

And I for one am thoroughly glad Chivalry didn’t go down that path. The only argument for Free 2 P(l)ay that i keep on hearing is “because i don’t like paying for stuff”.
    Well, noone does, but i’d much rather know what i spend on a game in advance instead of being continuously milked for dlcs or microtransactions or being bombarded with ads by a webshop disguised as a game. Mixing gameplay mechanics and the revenue model is not a good idea.
    Torn Banner, please ignore this thread and any like it. :P

1. Stop moaning about the price. Nobody force you to buy the game. And if you think it’s overpriced, wait for promotions. Green Man Gaming have made multiples promo on Chivalry (~9$ / ~6€).

2. Chivalry worth his price. All games have bugs. Chivalry is in a constant evolution (ex : maps/weapons will be added).

3. I hate the F2P system. Ok the game is free but there’s a lot of advertisement, our capabilities are limited, etc. To have the full game you have to buy a lot of DLC (skin, weapons, maps, and useless things). So F2P is like a “demo” but not a real full game. And I don’t play F2P games because a lot of them are pretty bad.

• Free 2 Play is the worst thing to ever happen to video gaming.

• If Chivalry will be Free, will be more popular, but i dont have good mind about free2players community, a lot of noobs, hackers… And game isn’t expensive! I think this model is good. Creators can thing about f2p when game will lost popularity or they make new game ;).