Got vote kicked for NO reason/vote spamming

• As the title says, I got voted kicked. Maybe for being too good, I don’t know, I was doing pretty good on that match so most likely. Part of the reason was people kept vote kick randoms to be F*ing trolls and aes. I am seeing this quit often. Can we have a feature that make it so people can only vote kick once every like 5 min or something? BTW this was the first time this has happened to me, I guess I’m just lucky? Sorry to write this post I know there have been a couple of topics kinda like this one. I just had to rant on the forums for this, It made me mad. :x

• I can sympathise with you, both myself and fellow clan member were votekicked out of an FFA server for being “nerds” a couple of days ago. I was annoyed, but we just switched server. Not sure what to suggest to lighten abuse up though to be honest, especially considering the majority of people hit ‘Yes’ too; this is what happens when you let everyone vote. I much prefer automated systems personally.

• Make it a console command. It was hardly abused then. And there was always at least one person who knew what the command was to kick team killers and the like.

American and European players tend to just vote yes. Australian and New Zealand players tend to vote no. Both have upsides and downsides.

• @lemonater47:

Make it a console command. It was hardly abused then. And there was always at least one person who knew what the command was to kick team killers and the like.

American and European players tend to just vote yes. Australian and New Zealand players tend to vote no. Both have upsides and downsides.

Is that because they are actually giving a thumbs up, but because they are upside down it turns into a thumbs down?

• @Corsair:

@lemonater47:

Make it a console command. It was hardly abused then. And there was always at least one person who knew what the command was to kick team killers and the like.

Is that because they are actually giving a thumbs up, but because they are upside down it turns into a thumbs down?

Wait, what. When did thumbs and upside down come into this? You’ve confused me here.

• @Shara:

HEHE, thanks. :) I normally vote no, and most of the time check the score board just to see why.

• That feeling when someone tries to kick you out of your own server for no reason and you whip out the admin ban hammer. So good.

• @Peglegkickboxer:

That feeling when someone tries to kick you out of your own server for no reason and you whip out the admin ban hammer. So good.

YFW

• @mathbles703:

@Peglegkickboxer:

That feeling when someone tries to kick you out of your own server for no reason and you whip out the admin ban hammer. So good.

YFW

That made me burst out lolling.

Yeah I kinda like that too, usually if I’m playing on an official server and some 12 year old boy on my team is trying to act all “hard” with me and starts hitting me, it’s fantastic to just flash up the “Bob! has logged in as Administrator” up on the screen and give him a long, hard glare.

I believe in the next patch, Admins will be able to actually cancel any ongoing votekick also.

• @akazi:

Can we have a feature that make it so people can only vote kick once every like 5 min or something?

You mean these options?

fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=60.000000
    fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=60.000000

The server admins can change the duration to whatever they’d like. Once again, the settings are available, but the community chooses not to use them.

Case closed.

• I’m glad I’m not the only one this has happened too… I was using the Messer in a free for all I was in first and this guy called minecraftkid, or something votekicks me and says “He has hacks” I was like “lol” at first, then it got to a 60% vote yes I was just like Fuppin retards…

• Hello community,

The vote kick option seems to be a bit overused at the moment, constantly popping up everywhere in pub matches and clogging the screen due to people getting mad about others.

For example i have a tendency to stick my game face on and destroy people by playing mind games, this then makes them frustrated, as a result i end up with a really good score and a good couple of people start to go a bit mad about it all, so what do they do? they vote kick me… and i’m gone.

It is probably because it bases the kick percentage on the current voters, this should be changed to something like overall percentage where if people don’t vote its a ‘NO’ instantly, because sometimes people don’t have time to vote in the heat of a fight, or just simply miss it.

Its quite frustrating and makes me not want to play the game after i have been kicked because i think “what have i done wrong?.. killing people in a killing game?.. is that bad?”

Much love ^^

Miniroll

• Votekicking is a player controlled event in the game to use how they wish - beneficial or abusive. Being said, you have partial control over it, being a player. I’m willing to bet if you stopped playing your “mind games” with people, you’d find yourself vote kicked a whole lot less.

You’ve stated a problem, but no solution. Hopefully mine will end the issues you are having.

• I can’t imagine people kicking you everywhere just for being awesome at the game but if that’s really all that’s going down here I encourage you to try a different server or two until you find a more welcoming crowd

• I haven’t seen a huge amount of random undeserved kicking, but it does happen on occasion. I think a partial solution might just be to increase the time it takes before the vote completes. Usually I barely have time to ask for justification before the person is already kicked, or the person realizes their mistake just a few seconds before they’re kicked.

• I know most people see FFA as the joke game mode that doesn’t matter and all, but before Duel Mode came out, it was pretty much my favorite game mode. Pretty much just non-stop fighting all the time. Nothing but the action, and I found it was a good way to practice.

Unfortunately, it was also incredibly frustrating because I pretty much get kicked out of 2/5 of every FFA server I play in. It has nothing to do with whether I’m good or not. Just that I’m winning. It’s so easy to just start a vote on the guy on top of the leaderboard. You’d be a fool not to vote yes, and while I greatly appreciate the few that don’t, the vote is inevitably going to pass.

I really think something should be done about votekicks in FFA, but I’m starting to care a lot less now because as stated, Duel Mode is here and while I’ll miss the hectic atmosphere and the shorter gaps in the action, it serves as a decent replacement to FFA(For me, anyway.) and I haven’t been votekicked yet(Probably because it’s not as easy to do.)!

• @DemonicChocobo:

I know most people see FFA as the joke game mode that doesn’t matter and all, but before Duel Mode came out, it was pretty much my favorite game mode. Pretty much just non-stop fighting all the time. Nothing but the action, and I found it was a good way to practice.

Unfortunately, it was also incredibly frustrating because I pretty much get kicked out of 2/5 of every FFA server I play in. It has nothing to do with whether I’m good or not. Just that I’m winning. It’s so easy to just start a vote on the guy on top of the leaderboard. You’d be a fool not to vote yes, and while I greatly appreciate the few that don’t, the vote is inevitably going to pass.

I really think something should be done about votekicks in FFA, but I’m starting to care a lot less now because as stated, Duel Mode is here and while I’ll miss the hectic atmosphere and the shorter gaps in the action, it serves as a decent replacement to FFA(For me, anyway.) and I haven’t been votekicked yet(Probably because it’s not as easy to do.)!

Man, you guys are dicks. Australia and New Zealand? Doesn’t happen. You never even see a votekick initiated in FFA. The few I have seen NO has prevailed instead of YES.

Its a community thing. Us down south are just better. You guys from the northern hemisphere wow.

• Why do i get vote kicked, when i got tked because i “kill stealed” some other guy’s kill and then at start of next round tried to tk him?

• I’ve seen this happen a lot. Votekick was a nice idea ruined by an immature community.