Turning Jav into MAA weapon

• Seems like a good idea to me, seems like a much better fit with MAA then as an archer anyways, and before anyone says anything about “But it’s ranged” I’d like to point out that every class has a ranged option, be it a pot or a knife, and frankly, the jav, being a relatively close range weapon compared to the other archer weapons, would benefit from better health (MAA has more health then archer, right?) and from the dodge mechanic. IDK if the backstab damage applies to the jav, but it never seemed like it to me. also, it would be nice if you could combo jab and shield bash together >_>

• Although at first I thought the exact same thing. But when you use the backstab it is so powerful, I actually think it’s better like this 8-)

Against VG the MAA would be better, but knights turn so slow that that backstab makes archer much more viable with the jav than the maa would. *
    Also I think that the speed of the maa would be too fast for a jav (on a realistic point of view).

A double-sided spear or something would be more fitting (quarterstaff with spear points), not ranged and more fitting for maa.

Edit: The knight can actually be killed with only one backstab and a normal stab.

• No, that would not be fair. They are already speedy and quick, and pretty useful.

• No, MAA would be insanely powerful with them.

• Personally I think it would add nothing to the MAA’s current arsenal; MAA gets a tonne of his dps from good combos, which can’t be executed by the jav. Sure it adds some ranged zoning, but a negligible boost in reach and no backstab bonus makes it a poor weapon IMO, and will just be more annoying than practical.

• @Mint:

Personally I think it would add nothing to the MAA’s current arsenal; MAA gets a tonne of his dps from good combos, which can’t be executed by the jav. Sure it adds some ranged zoning, but a negligible boost in reach and no backstab bonus makes it a poor weapon IMO, and will just be more annoying than practical.

Quite true. Also, it gives MaAs another insanely quick weapon.

• @Monmaker:

Seems like a good idea to me, seems like a much better fit with MAA then as an archer anyways,

Disagreed, javelin is a ranged weapon where as the main focus of the MaA is melee.

@Monmaker:

and before anyone says anything about “But it’s ranged” I’d like to point out that every class has a ranged option, be it a pot or a knife

But unlike those weapons, the javelin can be used as a melee weapon as well, and has far more damage when thrown compared to the other weapons(It 1 hits archers and MaA on torso, and 1 hits VGs on headshots)

@Monmaker:

and frankly, the jav, being a relatively close range weapon compared to the other archer weapons

It’s in the archer’s arsenal for those players who like to give close support and be more in the action than all the way back.

@Monmaker:

MAA has more health then archer/and from the dodge mechanic. IDK if the backstab damage applies to the jav, but it never seemed like it to me. also, it would be nice if you could combo jab and shield bash together >_>

Yes, the MaA has more health and a dodge ability, but the shield gives the archer more survivability when wielding the javelin. The backstab damage applies to all weapons, however at what kind of an angle the enemy needs to be struck is not known to me. And it would be nice but also horribly imbalanced because the bash would break your block and the stab would strike soon after.

• @SharpshotSid:

Disagreed, javelin is a ranged weapon where as the main focus of the MaA is melee.

Only in a technical sense, try using the jav as a primarily ranged weapon, and your left with a butter knife after 30 seconds, after quite a bit of time playing with the jav, an incredibly small amount of my kills have actually been from throwing it.

@SharpshotSid:

But unlike those weapons, the javelin can be used as a melee weapon as well, and has far more damage when thrown compared to the other weapons(It 1 hits archers and MaA on torso, and 1 hits VGs on headshots)

Yes, it does more damage when thrown, IF IT HITS, being very easy to dodge or block, not to mention the range on it isn’t very great, you would have to be a mathematical genius to get the trajectory right every time on a moving target. Not only that, you are LITERALLY throwing your weapon away. as for one hits, i laugh at that. knights and vanguards can one shot them as well WITHOUT throwing their weapon away, with a wider variety of tools at their disposal, with more health, AND have combos.

@SharpshotSid:

Yes, the MaA has more health and a dodge ability, but the shield gives the archer more survivability when wielding the javelin. The backstab damage applies to all weapons, however at what kind of an angle the enemy needs to be struck is not known to me. And it would be nice but also horribly imbalanced because the bash would break your block and the stab would strike soon after.

MaA can use shields, which i view as a hinderence 75% of the time anyways, and by shield bash, I didn’t mean the kick, I meant the other melee attack you can do with the jav and buckler.