2D Drawing misbehavior

• At 2D drawing functions, total misbehavior occurs, leading to wrong start/end locations of 2D drawing positions. Text in game window become unreadable/lines connecting cursor pointer and text letters appear, lines connecting letter parts appear. Looks like basic 2D drawing error. Where to dig?

• WinXP, updated
    radeon r720 (HD4XXX)
    drivers updated

3D works fine, problem is in font drawing

• Can you post a screenshot? I have no idea what you are talking about. :|

• but may be I just have defect HW…

• Woah! Would you please attach your DxDiag.txt? I’m moving this over to Tech Support until we can confirm that it is an actual bug in the game and not just your computer.

• Also, blue vertical lines just from some mis-synchronization and definitely driver-related.

May be UDK has constant problems with non-nvidia HW…

• My initial though was your video card drivers, but those appear to be up to date.

This caught my eye though when comparing to my own DxDiag.txt:

Yours:

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Mine:

DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
       User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
     System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
        DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
         DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Now I know that Windows XP can’t do Direct X 11, but would the DxDiag versions be different by that much?

Since you’re on Windows XP, you have the ability to uninstall Direct X. Try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it from DXSETUP.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown)

• I was trying uninstall it, but “DirectX eradicator” didn’t uninstall it almost.
    With such incomplete re-install, bug is still persists.

During hand uninstall, there is no possibility to launch windows with no WSOCK32.dll

Can you give me your versions of directX-name.list, so I can swap it to, I am afraid in my russian version files might be an error. Here is a list of russian files: directX-rus.list

• I just updated DirectX as much as I could (to June 2010 SDK version), but UDK do not start at all now. Seems it could not even detect presence of DirectX in a right way.

2D bug is definitely UDK bug in WinXP environment, appears in other UDK-based games (checked Painkiller).

I managed to get “Application load error:T0000065559” under debugger.

• @sanaris:

I just updated DirectX as much as I could (to June 2010 SDK version), but UDK do not start at all now. Seems it could not even detect presence of DirectX in a right way.

2D bug is definitely UDK bug in WinXP environment, appears in other UDK-based games (checked Painkiller).

I managed to get “Application load error:T0000065559” under debugger.

Interesting. Is there a newer driver for your video card from AMD’s website?