Beta question…

• Hi !

So I read on the kickstarter webpage that Beta access was a possible reward for some people who would donate a certain amount of money.

My question is : is this the only way to get access to the Beta, or are they simply sure to be in ?
    Maybe you haven’t find that out, Devs, as the last time I looked for it, it seemed beta access was quite vague yet.

Thanks for reading.

• So…
    I can hardly believe no one actually knows the answer to this question, so…

UP !

• They accepted applications at one point for beta testings. If they are still pulling from that pool of people is something that someone else will have to answer.

• That was/is for alpha testing. Which is actually (supposed to be) testing the game. By the time the beta starts the game should be in a mostly polished state so it’s more a pre-release, as far as I understand it. Also unclear whether current alpha testers are immediately accepted into the beta ;)

• Developer

Not entirely sure, it appears that in fairness to the KS pledgers we may need to keep it exclusive to them. Alpha testers will have access to beta (those who aren’t cut do to inactivity anyway).

• Tibberius, is there any way for a Kickstarter backer to gain access into the ongoing Alpha test? I’ve playtested for Valve for a while, and I’d love to help make this game as good as it can be.

• So a Paid beta may be the only way in? :|

I’m hating the trend of paid betas and I’ve been showing my disagreement by not buying those products. :|

• @GozerTC:

So a Paid beta may be the only way in? :|

I’m hating the trend of paid betas and I’ve been showing my disagreement by not buying those products. :|

Don’t think of it as paying for an early release instead think of it as a reward for supporting the awesome developers of a great game.

• I have waited pledging via Kickstarter yet, because I am hoping that a preorder method with Paypal will pop up once the goal is reached, which I would prefer. I use a prepaid credit card and do not want to shovel money onto it all the time, so PP is my preferred method (not many credit cards for gamers in Germany) :D

• I honestly wouldn’t care if people who didn’t put the money in for the kickstarter beta access got beta. I put the money in because I have a historically shitty chance of getting in betas but I like playing betas and having a hand in helping a game become what it can. I would just accept people based on their beta applications for the most part.