Buying System like in Counterstrike Source….?

• Fellow peasants, here me out.

Would it not be a great idea to implement a buying system at the start of a battle just like in Counterstrike Source? :)

I mean, we could get bracers, gloves, helms, armor, pants… etc…
    Killing/Assists/Objective points will get you some spending money… ofc in gold coins… just like in the medieval times. ;)

That means, everybody starts with only some default clothes which doesnt have much protection.

Archers cant get heavy armors like knights can… but Archers will be faster, because they dont have a penalty for the heavy armor… for example.

I know everybody has his own imagination, so lets hear it out… Would there be any desire from the players to get something like this?

-Mr. Sharpshooter-

• No.

AoC wasn’t like that.

Chivalry isn’t going to be like that.

And it is an un-balanced idea, It would destroy the game.

• Moved to Ideas and Suggestions Forum.

• No, the established system is fine and there is no need to change it. Wishing for a buying system would be overly complex and redudant, as the classes are fixed and there is no need to grant an archer heavy armor, nor a knight light armor, or a man at arms with a halbard.
    The classes had been designed with specific pros and cons in mind, a buy system will ruin that.

• No. Just no.

• I see… well it was just a thought… i do think the game is balanced well enough… So it doesnt need a change in this direction i mentioned…

Closed Case

• Now hang on. I like this idea but it could be a specific game mode.

• My mod sense is tingling.

(Modification, not the other one :P)

• Imagine a mod where you could purchase weapons, shields, and even armor (starting with archer armor, can buy up to knight armor). You can also purchase specific class special abilities (dodging knights), and more expensive weapons would be slightly better than cheaper ones. Shit would be silly, and fun.

• Good for a mod or an alternate game mode, not good for the main game.

That sorta system would require certain weapons to be “better” than others, and people who have invested more time to have more powerful equipment.

Suddenly someone starting out has shitty gear and gets whomped even more.
    Now the only real difference is in skill, since the unlocks are simply alternates.

I also like being able to switch out weapon at will to try something different.

Like I said it could make an interesting mod though! Like how I liked playing GunGame in Counter Strike as opposed to the normal modes etc.

Using that sort of concept for COSMETICS though…now we’re talking.

• @BobT36:

Me likey.

I am also opposed to the alternate gamemode idea, however, and here’s why: “I like the fact that, in this game, you’re not ganked by an asshole because he’s 10 levels higher than you, but because he’s actually more skillful than you.”

• @BobT36:

Good for a mod or an alternate game mode, not good for the main game.

That sorta system would require certain weapons to be “better” than others, and people who have invested more time to have more powerful equipment.

Suddenly someone starting out has shitty gear and gets whomped even more.
    Now the only real difference is in skill, since the unlocks are simply alternates.

I also like being able to switch out weapon at will to try something different.

Like I said it could make an interesting mod though! Like how I liked playing GunGame in Counter Strike as opposed to the normal modes etc.

Hmm, sometimes i have a problem with making myself understandable. Of course a MOD is the only way to go to implement a feature like i mentioned… Just couldn’t find the word “Mod” i guess…

Well i see that if a MOD comes out like this, there would be a few people interested in… maybe even more… :-)

Let me be the guy who threw up the ball. Someone will grab it and make something out of it!?!

-Mr. Sharpshooter-

• Well how about you go post it in the custom content section. More likely to find a modder there.