Beta patch: Can I use a heater shield as knight?

• With the beta patch out, can anyone confirm if bucklers and heater shields are now available to knights for use with any one hander?
    I’m aware the flail comes with the buckler, but can I, for instance, equip a longsword with my buckler?

• The Buckler is a unique option if a Flail is selected, and not available with any other primary. You can however, use a Buckler with your secondary weapons if the Flail is your primary.

• Knight without a Heater Shield is just plain wrong, I’ve said it before and i’ll keep on saying it…. go on go on go on

• @Martin:

The Buckler is a unique option if a Flail is selected, and not available with any other primary. You can however, use a Buckler with your secondary weapons if the Flail is your primary.

Will there be any change to this? The buckler is a huge liability. It limits your vision so much and as a bonus its such a small, unreliable shield. Hell, with the stamina nerf all shields have taken a huge hit. I’d prefer no shield to buckler to be honest, and this is from someone whos spent the majority of a hundred hours play time using a shield.

• @wolas321:

The buckler is a huge liability. It limits your vision so much and as a bonus its such a small, unreliable shield. Hell, with the stamina nerf all shields have taken a huge hit. I’d prefer no shield to buckler to be honest, and this is from someone whos spent the majority of a hundred hours play time using a shield.

1. Eeeeh, the buckler hardly takes up any space at all, especially compared to other shields
    2. If you prefer no shield to a buckler, why not unequip it?

• The Buckler was changed so that it takes up more of your view, and I have no idea why. All this does is punish those that use the default 95 fov and stay in first person. Anyone who increases their fov or goes into third person can just laugh at this change.

• @Martin:

The Buckler is a unique option if a Flail is selected, and not available with any other primary. You can however, use a Buckler with your secondary weapons if the Flail is your primary.

Why; oh why, oh why didn’t they choose the Heater Shield??? So close but yet sooooo far.

• The Buckler was changed so that it takes up more of your view, and I have no idea why. All this does is punish those that use the default 95 fov and stay in first person. Anyone who increases their fov or goes into third person can just laugh at this change.

I think increasing the amount of view the shield blocks is just plain wrong - shields are already harder to block with (partially due to less vision, partially due to how small shield-block-field is when compared to a weapon, which isn’t blocking your view at all). They has been fixed and nerfed in the patch, so why make such changes?

• What I don’t understand is why larger shields, such as the kite shield, take up a very small amount of your view, and the heater shield as well to a lesser extent, while the small shield takes up like a third of your screen. Shouldn’t larger shields block more of your screen?

Sometimes Torn Banner’s balance decisions confuse me.

• @SharpshotSid:

@wolas321:

The buckler is a huge liability. It limits your vision so much and as a bonus its such a small, unreliable shield. Hell, with the stamina nerf all shields have taken a huge hit. I’d prefer no shield to buckler to be honest, and this is from someone whos spent the majority of a hundred hours play time using a shield.

1. Eeeeh, the buckler hardly takes up any space at all, especially compared to other shields
    2. If you prefer no shield to a buckler, why not unequip it?

Except you literally cannot unequip it when using the flail. And if youre not using the flail, youre better off having just gotten a better shield and used one of the secondaries as your primary. This meaning that theres little use for using the flail over your secondaries(it isnt terribly stronger than them anyways, its just mildly easier to get around blocks), simply because of the buckler.