Age of Chivalry is dead

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare killed it.

So first off, and this is several weeks late but the Age of Chivalry league is over. I will not be supporting it any longer. The reasons are many. Mainly because of the lack of interest. When two of the teams quit the league in the middle of the second season it was a major blow. We had a few more scrims after that but then it all unraveled. Summertime was busy for everyone.

Personally, I cannot play aoc anymore. For those of you that know me that’s a crazy statement for me to make. I’ve played Age of Chivalry for five years. I have over 2000 hours in it. I was a beta tester for it and I’ve been a tester for Chivalry since alpha. The recent Chivalry builds are so freaking awesome and so much fun to play that I can’t imagine playing aoc anymore. Chivalry takes what aoc tried to do, and did pretty well, and takes it to a whole other level!

The combat is amazing. They’ve given the new game the same feel as Age of Chivalry but they’ve made it so much better! The combat is much, much more dynamic and fun!

I haven’t played aoc in almost three weeks and I don’t miss it. For the first time in five years I have zero desire to play it. The fact is that Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is so bad ass it jumps up and down on aoc’s throat.

If you liked Age of Chivalry even a tiny fraction of how much I loved it, you will ABSOLUTELY LOVE Chivalry!

Now my original goal with the league was to have it function all the way til the release of Chivalry but the lack of interest prevents that. I plan on contributing both my team and organizational skills to promoting competitive play in Chivalry just as I have in Age of Chivalry.

Vanquish will be the first team ready to scrim when Chiv releases. I know there will be other teams that will form and also participate. It is a goal of mine to form another league at that time, with help from other team leaders, to promote and coordinate team versus team Chivalry matches.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our KILL THEM ALL aoc league! It was very much a success even if it had a disappointing ending.

We held scrims every Sunday from February to June. Successfully completing over 60 matches! I’d say that’s pretty damn good!

Again my thanks to everyone who contributed and helped me coordinate the matches! It was a blast while it lasted! Thank you!

I look forward to seeing you all on the Chivalry battlefield! KILL EM ALL!!

• I can’t agree with you more, and in time with more and more tester slots filling up and more people from AOC getting a whiff of whats to come, I’m sure there will be no problems with transitions for most people. And as for my team the Forgotten Kings, we will be ready and recruiting on the day of release! So game on >:)

• Dead, maybe, but it will not truly be dead till there are no servers to play on. While the new game maybe awesome, AOC will still have it’s place just for the simple fact that it is on steam and free. I for one will still be playing till the new release and possibly afterwards depending on if the new game lives up to the hype. I am hopeful but I said the same thing about CR2 and it killed the mod. So again, I am in a hopeful but in a reserved state and will play and finish the maps I have been working on and release them even if it is to a very small crowd.

If the new game is totally awesome, I will bring on Kila and start work on mapping as well as soon as content becomes available providing servers will be available to host and the costs of course. I already have the UDK software but for some reason it seems clunky but that maybe just because it it different and my puter maybe just too slow. So we shall see.

December is still a long way away with no AOC… hehe

• Age of Chivalry still has it’s place. It’s a free mod with excellent hand to hand combat. (Unless you exploit the known bugs)

• yea mates i mean full servers everyday i played it one hour ago on like 3 diff servers.
    alot of ppl play it and alot of ppl are new at it so this is like the best mod ive ever fucking seen in my life …. srsly XD this is not dead not at all and i bet chiv wont kill it either

• @Thorendir:

yea mates i mean full servers everyday i played it one hour ago on like 3 diff servers.
    alot of ppl play it and alot of ppl are new at it so this is like the best mod ive ever fucking seen in my life …. srsly XD this is not dead not at all and i bet chiv wont kill it either

No the promotion of chivalry is helping people learn about it’s origins and the mod aoc. However, I highly doubt it will ever be like what it was a year or two ago. Those of us that have played it the past five years saw it’s hey day and we all know it will be very doubtful for it to ever be like that again.

• Chivalry has given AoC something of a boost in player population, and depending on how well chiv does in sales that boost might continue/grow.

I think a lot of players drawn to chivalry will eventually try the mod and be won over by its superiority and start playing it.

• @JCash:

I think a lot of players drawn to chivalry will eventually try the mod and be won over by its superiority and start playing it.

Lol.

• @JCash:

lmao

• Man, I feel bad, I feel like I drew Jcash to the forums, like when you summon a demon, by making that one topic.

• Let’s not go for two topics locked for the same reason, because when that starts happening the next step is handing out time outs.

• The king is dead. Long live the king!

• I have seen a huge increase of noobs over the last year. The mod is far from dead and isn’t dead just because GB declares it so. I think by Jcash means that AOC is superior in the level of fun it is to play. While the mod is very much broken, it still has a high level of playability. Many that have played Chiv say it is pretty but it the combat is slow and while fluid, can be clunky. I will hold my opinion till I play it. But no game is perfect and Chiv is no exception. If it is overly complicated in the fight system playability and fun maybe limited.

For example, may old school games are still being played because of the level of fun and the fan base. You can still find Quake 2 servers, Quake 3, Quake live, Aliens Vs Predator2 not to mention simple games like PacMan and Asteriods now in flash versions.

AOC will still be alive as long as there are people hosting servers. Hell last monday there were will over 300 people playing on 10+ servers. It is free so I doubt it will be truly dead anytime soon.

• A good game will never die! :3

• ^agree with retsnom, game doesn’t die when one person declares it dead.

• I must say that I enjoy Age of Chivalry and will continue to play it… Even if the game does have glitches and even though it doesnt have the latest graphics. Bye :)