Dont allow turning during end of a stab

• Once you start the forward motion of a stab, you should not be able to turn. I see people stab and then swing to side to hit people. THAT WOULD NEVER WORK. you try sweeping a spear at someone in real life and you will do NO damage. its the thrust that causes the penetration and damage.

• why would you post this in beta feedback?

also
    grab a stick, face forward, then jab the stick to your left

• You can’t use an argument of realism to justify a change like this. This would be way too harsh on stabs and would make this attack completely useless against facehugging/circlestrafing because as long as they maintained a high transversal velocity to you, you would miss unless you did an overhead or slash.

This would also indirectly nerf spear weapons since their role is reliant on stab damage and would make it too easy to miss.

This is not a viable change. Parrying a two handed maul with a dagger is also unrealistic but in situations like these, realism MUST take a backseat to gameplay.

• I wouldn’t like to stab and be stuck until its over.

Some weapons tracers were out of alignment or lasted too long. All polearms had the problem.

• The stab should stop causing damage once it’s reached the apex of the thrust, or at least made tighter.
    As it is, it’s almost as bad as the ol’ Age of Chivalry 180’ physics defying stabs.

• @Strudel:

As it is, it’s almost as bad as the ol’ Age of Chivalry 180’ physics defying stabs.

It’s a video game, the “physics” are whatever the programmers make them.

Also it is illogical that anyone can survive an arrow piercing their skull, so I demand that the shortbow be able to 1 shot headshot knights. Just because you can play in first person doesn’t mean it’s real life. As stated gameplay>realism. If you want a realistic experience get off the computer and go outside.

• @Pariah:

If you want a realistic experience get off the computer and go outside.

Not the best advice in regard to Chivalry. People tend to get really upset when i practice my claymore combos.

• The point is that the extreme range of the polearms makes it hard enough to get in on them. The fact that you cant side step around there thrusts (unless you are a MaA) makes it ridiculous. All the vanguards need to do is back peddle and stab, if you sidestep they just turn and hit you anyway.

• @Pariah:

Also it is illogical that anyone can survive an arrow piercing their skull, so I demand that the shortbow be able to 1 shot headshot knights.

Archers don’t need any more of a buff. They deal a crap-ton of damage with one shot already - if you’re a decent archer, you can finish him off with another shot or melee.

• Are you talking about the weird lingering hitboxes on bigger weapons? That halberd guy that clearly thrusts way past you, then drags his completely inert weapon back in your direction and lands that 75% health hit long after his stab and your parry animations? If so, I’m fine with adjusting all the things at miss in that situation.

• @Torrenz:

Are you talking about the weird lingering hitboxes on bigger weapons? That halberd guy that clearly thrusts way past you, then drags his completely inert weapon back in your direction and lands that 75% health hit long after his stab and your parry animations? If so, I’m fine with adjusting all the things at miss in that situation.

Amiss*. I kind of agree with the stab-drag sentiment though, it’s a little silly on weapons with long releases because there’s zero power, they’re essentially nudging you with the side of their weapon after extending it. Getting hit for full damage by the barely-moving hilt of a polearm is worse though, so just giving weapons, polearms in particular, areas of damage would be nice. A poke only hurts when the tip touches you going forward, slash only hurts when the weapon is moving sideways, etc.

• @Daiyuki:

@Torrenz:

Are you talking about the weird lingering hitboxes on bigger weapons? That halberd guy that clearly thrusts way past you, then drags his completely inert weapon back in your direction and lands that 75% health hit long after his stab and your parry animations? If so, I’m fine with adjusting all the things at miss in that situation.

Amiss*. I kind of agree with the stab-drag sentiment though, it’s a little silly on weapons with long releases because there’s zero power, they’re essentially nudging you with the side of their weapon after extending it. Getting hit for full damage by the barely-moving hilt of a polearm is worse though, so just giving weapons, polearms in particular, areas of damage would be nice. A poke only hurts when the tip touches you going forward, slash only hurts when the weapon is moving sideways, etc.

Yes, this is exactly what I mean.

• Btw the halberd is actually the only weapon where getting hurt after the stab is completed makes sense because it was used exactly this way - stab, the oponent diverts the weapon by a parry but it will tear his flesh anyway when it goes back. This is why halberds were used so frequently by guards - very easy to manage and much music for little money.
    It made me very happy when I discovered that I can hurt people with halberd getting back because its pretty realistic, but I agree it should be possible only with halberd-like weapons (ie tier 3 and tier 2, maybe the poleaxe) and definitely not with spears.

• @CrimsonAvenger:

The point is that the extreme range of the polearms makes it hard enough to get in on them. The fact that you cant side step around there thrusts (unless you are a MaA) makes it ridiculous. All the vanguards need to do is back peddle and stab, if you sidestep they just turn and hit you anyway.

this is a new player talking…

• @clayton-bigsby:

@CrimsonAvenger:

The point is that the extreme range of the polearms makes it hard enough to get in on them. The fact that you cant side step around there thrusts (unless you are a MaA) makes it ridiculous. All the vanguards need to do is back peddle and stab, if you sidestep they just turn and hit you anyway.

this is a new player talking…

How so?
    Are you suggesting that a knight has the ability to strafe out of the way of an incoming spear thrust?
    No, they do not.
    If you step to the side, then the opponent will just follow you with his aim.
    Turn speed is much faster than strafe speed.

• Needs more Realism.