UDK.exe has stopped working

• I got this game the day it came out and since have not played it. Every time I launch it on steam I get the error “UDK.exe has stopped working”. I checked the launch log, attached to this, and it said my graphics card does not support shader model 3.0. I have a gtx 680, which most certainly supports it. I have googled and searched the forums for an answer, but nothing seems to work.

• That’s a new one.

My recommendations:

1. Delete the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games

2. Delete the Config folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame

3. Verify game cache through Steam to download a new Config folder that you just deleted

4. Run DXSETUP.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown

5. Download the latest video card drivers from Nvidia’s website (January vs your December 3rd)

Report back on the results.

• It doesn’t seem to have worked. :/
    I’ll try completely reinstalling chivalry and see if that does anything.

• @Tgaccione:

It doesn’t seem to have worked. :/
    I’ll try completely reinstalling chivalry and see if that does anything.

Make sure to delete the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games too as that tends to stick around despite uninstalling the game.

• Sorry for taking so long to get back, but I got it working.
    I deleted all of the local game content on steam, then went into both chivalry files located in the steam folder and my games folders and deleted those. Installed on Steam and it is working.