How to help make new players aware of allies

• I’ve seen a lot of people complain about team attacking and how the majority of new players just LMB swing ect ect, so I started a little experiment on my server by boosting the team damage from 50% to 400%… after a couple of rounds they started to actively act more cautious when going into a fight, using the overhead and stab attacks more often as well as moving their attacks away from players when they are about to hit allies. I’d say it was a success, anyone else tried this?

• @Fishlips:

I’ve seen a lot of people complain about team attacking and how the majority of new players just LMB swing ect ect, so I started a little experiment on my server by boosting the team damage from 50% to 400%… after a couple of rounds they started to actively act more cautious when going into a fight, using the overhead and stab attacks more often as well as moving their attacks away from players when they are about to hit allies. I’d say it was a success, anyone else tried this?

Harsh but fair; perhaps?

Does it really help Noobs get a feel for the game? Not too sure that it does…erm… interesting idea.

• @Fishlips:

I’d say it was a success, anyone else tried this?

I’ve had team damage set to 500% on my server for weeks, and no, it doesn’t promote careful play at all. What it does promote though, is rampant raging and crying in the chat about team killing.

Regardless, I prefer to punish the masses that wildly swing and enjoy reading their frustration. Someday they’ll learn to use more skillful maneuvers, someday.

• Is there a reason why reflecting the friendly fire damage onto the damage dealer doesn’t seem to be a popular proposed alternative?

• @vanacava:

Is there a reason why reflecting the friendly fire damage onto the damage dealer doesn’t seem to be a popular proposed alternative?

Because the option isn’t there; it would have to be coded into a patch.

It’s already been suggested.

• @vanacava:

Is there a reason why reflecting the friendly fire damage onto the damage dealer doesn’t seem to be a popular proposed alternative?

Accedents happen all the time and half the time its the retard who jumped in the way.

People would never use siege weapons either.