Record game?

• What about a recorder? Maybe something like halo with the position memory

• There are plenty of free recording softwares out there. Anyways, if you need something, just get Fraps, it’s a lot better than any in-game screen recorder I’ve seen yet (besides Frozen Synapse’s 1080p one).

• in-game demo recording would be nice nonetheless. it has various advantages to screen-capping. the files are small and you can recam matches (tournaments, clanwars etc) for video production purposes. if you want to do the same with FRAPS you’ll have to employ several “camera-men” and the result won’t be nearly as good.

and the unreal engine 3 basically supports it, it’s just horrendously broken in chiv at the moment.
    you can start a demo with the console command “demorec filename” where filename is a filename obviously. and then stop it with “demostop”. you can then replay with “demoplay filename” and see the hilarity for yourself. ;)

• @Hadron:

There are plenty of free recording softwares out there. Anyways, if you need something, just get Fraps, it’s a lot better than any in-game screen recorder I’ve seen yet (besides Frozen Synapse’s 1080p one).

I agree with Carrion,It’s not the same thing,you need GBs(and a powerfull machine) to record a game with those softwares,i suggested an halo style recorder where your ingame position will be recorded, so you can just rewind every position

• A demo recorder thinger in game would be awesome. Some battles get pretty intense, being able to recam the action would be wicked awesome.

• @Satiro88:

@Hadron:

There are plenty of free recording softwares out there. Anyways, if you need something, just get Fraps, it’s a lot better than any in-game screen recorder I’ve seen yet (besides Frozen Synapse’s 1080p one).

I agree with Carrion,It’s not the same thing,you need GBs(and a powerfull machine) to record a game with those softwares,i suggested an halo style recorder where your ingame position will be recorded, so you can just rewind every position

You don’t need that powerful a computer to record with fraps. My specs are actually a lot lower than other people’s, but I get along just fine.

• @Satiro88:

@Hadron:

Fraps lags your game.

Bandicam is far better.

• I can agree with you there, lemon. But I can never find a good (free) version of Bandicam lol, since my parents wouldn’t let me buy it. :?