Keyboard Issues

• I searched around for a while checking if anyone else was having this issue, but to no avail.

When sprinting, If I press the ‘d’ key to move right, I can’t move off to the right. I can move off to the left by pressing the ‘a’ key, though. Also, when pressing ‘shift’ and ‘d’ I get a beeping noise over my speakers that repeats as long as the key is depressed. I have checked my keyboard settings in the Ease of Access dialog, and both filter keys and sticky keys are currently disabled. I use a mechanical keyboard, and I find it hard to believe that it won’t support this many multiple key strokes. What could be the problem here?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi Guys,

Have been seriously looking at Chivalry since it came out, and with Steam’s Free to Play Weekend, I am excited on what the game has to offer.

So far, I am enjoying Chivalry. The graphics are good, and the syntax is easy to learn. But, I appear to be having a problem.

My “E” key doesn’t seem to want to work.

I discovered my problem when I got to the Class Training Section of the tutorial. I was asked to approach a particular NPC and speak to him (via the “E” key). When I tried, nothing happened.

At first, I thought maybe the Class Training was locked during the Free to Play Weekend, so I moved on to the Siege Equipment. Everything seemed to continue fine, until I tried getting off of the Ballista (by deselecting via the “E” key).

I went to the Key Mapping to see if somehow the key-binding was messed up (has happened in other games in the past), and there was no key-binding for the “E” key.

Any thoughts or ideas? I really would love to solve this dilemma soon. Would love to take advantage of the 50% off on Steam, but if the game is “broke”, I’m really not keen on making the investment.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Gabe

ADDENDUM - Thinking that another program might be wreaking havoc, I shut everything else off, and retried the game. Still, the key will not work. Will next try and reload the game.

• @Yawner:

I searched around for a while checking if anyone else was having this issue, but to no avail.

When sprinting, If I press the ‘d’ key to move right, I can’t move off to the right. I can move off to the left by pressing the ‘a’ key, though. Also, when pressing ‘shift’ and ‘d’ I get a beeping noise over my speakers that repeats as long as the key is depressed. I have checked my keyboard settings in the Ease of Access dialog, and both filter keys and sticky keys are currently disabled. I use a mechanical keyboard, and I find it hard to believe that it won’t support this many multiple key strokes. What could be the problem here?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Start by deleting the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games. This will reset video settings and custom keybinds. Also, take a peek at this thread. It’s not exactly the same issue, but similar (maybe) viewtopic.php?f=69&t=9090

@Gabriel:

Hi Guys,

Have been seriously looking at Chivalry since it came out, and with Steam’s Free to Play Weekend, I am excited on what the game has to offer.

So far, I am enjoying Chivalry. The graphics are good, and the syntax is easy to learn. But, I appear to be having a problem.

My “E” key doesn’t seem to want to work.

I discovered my problem when I got to the Class Training Section of the tutorial. I was asked to approach a particular NPC and speak to him (via the “E” key). When I tried, nothing happened.

At first, I thought maybe the Class Training was locked during the Free to Play Weekend, so I moved on to the Siege Equipment. Everything seemed to continue fine, until I tried getting off of the Ballista (by deselecting via the “E” key).

I went to the Key Mapping to see if somehow the key-binding was messed up (has happened in other games in the past), and there was no key-binding for the “E” key.

Any thoughts or ideas? I really would love to solve this dilemma soon. Would love to take advantage of the 50% off on Steam, but if the game is “broke”, I’m really not keen on making the investment.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Gabe

ADDENDUM - Thinking that another program might be wreaking havoc, I shut everything else off, and retried the game. Still, the key will not work. Will next try and reload the game.

Hi Gabe,

The ‘use’ key was remapped to ‘I’ instead of ‘E’ in the last patch as an oopsie. Please try the ‘I’ key or even rebind it to ‘E’ as most people do.

• Thanks Remixx,

Your suggestion saved the day!

This is a GREAT game! Am loving it so much, bought the 4-pack and am tossing it to my sons and friends!

Great job guys.

Gabe

• I have discovered the reason for this issue for anyone who may be interested.
    Some keyboards, especially mechanical keyboards have limitations to the combinations of multiple key depressions. Consequently, my keyboard doesn’t seem to like it when I press ‘d’ ‘w’ and ‘left shift’ all at once.

This means, I will probably have to get a new keyboard, which I’ve been meaning to do anyway. I guess this gives me a reason to do so now.