To play with friends in this game is inconvenienced…

• …by these factors:

No queue system for joining full servers.
    No server info when holding tab in-game.

The combination of these two and with the bug that denies you the option to join your friends through the steam interface, makes it very hard to get a game going with friends.

These bugs are also quite a pain in this context:
    - The server browser does not always show the actual ping. (servers showing 50ms would have 400 in game, but I’ve only seen this on the Eisengar servers so this might be an issue with them)
    - Servers that have room in them will show full slots even when refreshed. (Confirmed)
    - When rightclicking a server and choosing server info, pressing the refresh button does nothing.

• My tip to play with your friends is to join via friendslist without having the game running, that usually works for me. If you try to join your friend while having the game running you might encounter “Server is already full”, even if it’s not.

• @Shara:

My tip to play with your friends is to join via friendslist without having the game running, that usually works for me. If you try to join your friend while having the game running you might encounter “Server is already full”, even if it’s not.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it next time.

• I do the same thing with my friends, only the guy looking for a server has the game running. The rest joins him out of the game itself. Note that when you join through the steam chat you actually get a different ‘server is full’ error than when it is actually full.

Also try to join official servers, they are more reliable with their ping. But I admit that a queu system would be nice.

You can also make your own server. Only costs 5 minutes and you can practice before being slaughtered.

• @Nivve:

I do the same thing with my friends, only the guy looking for a server has the game running. The rest joins him out of the game itself. Note that when you join through the steam chat you actually get a different ‘server is full’ error than when it is actually full.

Also try to join official servers, they are more reliable with their ping. But I admit that a queu system would be nice.

You can also make your own server. Only costs 5 minutes and you can practice before being slaughtered.

Thank you!

Although this lack of features is not acceptable (a simple queue system has existed since the dawn of steam with CS1.6…), this’ll make things easier for us.

Hopefully they will at the very least deal with the bugs. It’ always so damn depressing seeing really great games become a chore to play because of sloppy lobby/server systems.

• I understand what you mean. I had the same thing with the server name in the scoreboard. For some reason the last few years an astonishing small amount of games do that these days. (just as, map-name and stuff)
    In chivalry the server name will be present in the next patch.