Exhaustion ? Wearing all that steele can be rough

• Is exhaustion in the game or stamina? I mean not even an Olympic gold metal runner can wear full plate and chase down a skinny running peasant. Not to mention swinging a two-handed weapon over and over while you do it.

• @VonLowe:

I mean not even an Olympic gold metal runner can wear full plate and chase down a skinny running peasant.

Actually, he probably can :). Full plate armour weighs significantly less than the equipment a modern-day soldier carries, and its weight is very well distributed. If he is a significantly better runner, a knight in plate can in fact catch up to someone who is not armoured.

Anyway, to answer your actual question: yes there is a stamina system.

• Check this out Full Plate on treadmill

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2011/07/21/ … ill-video/

I’m a Retired Marine and I was wearing just Plate carrier with Ruck and Ammo. I was surprised watching this video proves you are correct about the weight distribution. Still I think the peasant would get away as he is unencumbered and can’t just shoot him. In modern combat we drop our main ruck going into the fight and keep only our battle pack with water, first aide, and ammo.

Still over all I am glad stamina is in Thanks!

• There are even some more suprising video’s on the internet about plate armour :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kKLgSTkCEo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMuNXWFPewg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm11yAXeegg

I guess you could argue about whether or not a man in plate could catch up to an unarmoured man, and I guess that in 99% of real life situations you would be right - the man in plate would be slower. But, since you said Olympic gold medal runner, I’m fairly sure someone like, say, Usain Bolt in plate armour would still easily catch up with someone like, say, me :(

• There will be stamina but it’s meant to be a lot less restrictive than it was in Age of Chivalry. Mainly you will consume stamina for “spamming” - swinging repeatedly consumes a lot of stamina, jumping or dodging consumes stamina and blocking continuously consumes stamina, but not simply running around or making single attacks/blocks, so being out of stamina limits your combat options but doesn’t completely screw you like it did in AoC.

• Great Vids Narrator and my idea of tripping the knight to get away while he struggled to get up is out the window.

• STAMINA

Now THAT’S sth you really need to get right. I assume you guys played Demons’ Souls
    and/or Dark Souls.
    These games implemented the best melee combat system to date.
    The hit detection is not as accurate and ambitious as in Chivalry: MW, but hell - the stamina system is brilliant.

So basically, the stronger (or heavier) a weapon, the more stamina it will consume per blow.
    Fairly basic stuff here. But then, blocking, also consumes stamina, and different weapon types consume more or less stamina when blocked. For example, blunt weapons deal the most amount
    of stamina “damage” because, the force generated is higher like the force dealt by slashing weapons.

I think you get the idea here. But there’s even more, and important mechanics to it, especially
    when you think of a competitive game like Chivalry: MW.

So, stamina consumption is key. But stamina regeneration is just as important!
    The heavier your armour, the more slowly your stamina will regenerate.
    And that’s not all. In a competitive environment, you wanna penalize people for maintaining for example a blocking stance or even the stretching of a bow. So they only use the block when necessary. And don’t kinda spam it. The blocking stance does not CONSUME stamina of its own. But it SLOWS THE REGENERATION.

But there’s even more to it: What happens if you run out of stamina,
    and for instance try to block a blow, that consumes more stamina, than you have left?
    Then, your opponent just succesfully broke you guard, and you are very vulnerable for a brief moment. In this game, that would likely end in a decapition or sth similar.
    Imagine the satisfaction, when you experience this as an attacker.
    For a brief moment, you have free reign over the guy that just lost to your superior fighting skills.

That system would make this fantastic game, an even better, deeper and more tactical experience.
    And therefore, more competitive and rewarding!

I know, there is some kind of stamina system integrated atm.
    But no details were mentioned so far.
    I was so happy to here that, that I decided to register to the forums right away and post my experiences and thoughts about it. I mean, this game initially drew my attention when I first saw it in a video. It looked so promising that I didn’t even think of stuff like that.

They just did a lot of stuff right. The ambitious fighting system maybe beeing the most obvious.
    But then I saw all those great, rich environments like the area around the castle and the arena.

And even the gamemodes promise a fresh and authentic experience! Awesome!

So, anyways. What do you think of my suggestions?

Really love what you’ve done there Torn Banner Studios!

And of course I pledged some money on kickstarter. 16 days to go… and most of the money is in.
    That’s a safe bet there.

I may appologize for any spelling mistakes. English is not my native language, so… ^^

• @GUANTANAMO:

STAMINA

Now THAT’S sth you really need to get right. I assume you guys played Demons’ Souls
    and/or Dark Souls.
    These games implemented the best melee combat system to date.
    The hit detection is not as accurate and ambitious as in Chivalry: MW, but hell - the stamina system is brilliant.

I do think many people will disagree with this statement and stop reading right after that…

• @Jihell:

I do think many people will disagree with this statement and stop reading right after that…

If you disagree, that’s totally fine. I assume you never played either of them.
    It’s just my opinion like I said. And this post is not about those games in particular.

It’s about the importance of stamina in a melee combat type of game. And its vital role there.

The way they handeled it in those 2 games was just brilliant.
    And that’s why i gave them credit here.

This is no fanboy war. I think mature people are able to look beneath those first few lines.