Lag spikes (Not FPS or Connection related)

• I have a good rig and good FPS, and I also have a good connection (20mb dl rate). I also only join servers that are in the UK (my country) and that have a ping below 40.

Whenever I play in a match, I get horrible lag spikes, but only in 1st person mode. These are not FPS or connection related, and my ping in games is usually around the 30 mark. I have the latest AMD drivers, and nobody in the house was using the internet at the time of the problems. None of my hardware is overheating, and I have verified the game cache, but still the problem persists.

It’s really game breaking for me, and I’m afraid if I don’t fix it today (last day of the free trial), then I won’t buy the game out of fear the problem might persist.

So, has anyone got any idea what might be going on?

Rig:

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 4.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP Performance Memory modules 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz CL9 Blue
    GPU MSI ATI Radeon HD 6950 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
    PSU: XFX Pro750W

• Note: By lag spikes, I mean I seem to warp to different positions constantly (to the left, to the right, forward etc.).