….......

• ……

• I would rather just have high skill level servers that kicked players for careless tking. Aiming and being careful is part of the game.

• Im not sure but if think the game is free this weekend and there are many level 0 out there today. This is terrible, i tried to play on a objective server and got teamkilled so many times its insane. Hopefully the noobs will realize after a few hours of playing that killing team8s is bad for ur team but most importantly, its killing their experience with the game. Otherwise something needs to be done, maybe give a teamkiller a warning and a 1 min respawn timer for tk or something.

• @fender010:

So I was playing on one of the classic servers last night (favorites list isn’t loading it, I’ll update when/if it does) and after a few minutes of playing I noticed that teamkilling and damaging were disabled!

Yea, that was my server. I was curious how a 0% team damage environment would play out with players. It amounted to large mob battles that I’m sure ended with many abused left mouse buttons. I noticed that even skilled players opted to senselessly swing and pad their score. It degraded the experience and thrill of the game, and I don’t feel it’s a setting worth keeping.

Since then, my server has reverted back to 500% team damage to discourage mob battles and promote skill and situation awareness. I’m glad you enjoyed the fun while it lasted though!

• ……

• Mine is also an ‘archer disabled’ server.

Some may prefer 0% damage, sure. Maybe you’ll someday consider starting your own server and configuring it the way you like to play.

For me, I found that no risk of team killing led the game to be played not as intended - to an extent that made game play dull and monotonous. To each his own!

• I remember finding a server that had friendly damage at a really low amount and it was quite enjoyable to not be taking damage left and right from your own retards teammates. People were still playing the same, as in noobishly, with the higher ranks positioning better and using more pokes/overheads versus slashes, so I don’t think that friendly fire at 0% devolves anything, it just keeps the idiots alive longer and thus a crazy swinging melee happens more often and lasts longer.

• I think Friendly fire is just part of a game like this, and does make for a more enjoyable experience. The need for a kicking mechanism for obvious twat bags is also there though. Something akin to COD’s hardcore system of kicking repeat offenders would work best IMO.

• Wrong direction. This bull egg will teach terrible habits, and divide the players or whatever. We need more 100% friendly damage servers, so people get properly punished for making silly, selfish, non-team-like decisions. Then they get hated, abused, kicked, and team killed. Learn to co-ordinate and time your swings to support each other in killing and pushing forward.

Can’t wait for alt swings, no one will have an excuse then.

Summary: Get better yeh selfish Vanguard git, and if you hit me twice without saying sorry, I’m gonna teamkill you. If you say sorry, I’ll just yell at you.

• @DeminRamst:

Wrong direction. This bull egg will teach terrible habits, and divide the players or whatever. We need more 100% friendly damage servers, so people get properly punished for making silly, selfish, non-team-like decisions. Then they get hated, abused, kicked, and team killed. Learn to co-ordinate and time your swings to support each other in killing and pushing forward.

Summary: Get better yeh selfish Vanguard git, and if you hit me twice without saying sorry, I’m gonna teamkill you. If you say sorry, I’ll just yell at you.

It’s attitudes like this that really scare me. Just because someone teamkills, as annoying as it is, doesn’t make it ok to team kill back or berate people. I know I’ve been guilty of berating teamkillers in the past, but I’ve come to learn that it isn’t all that helpful.

• @President_Barackbar:

I’ve come to learn that it isn’t all that helpful.

Playing video games isn’t all that helpful in the larger light of learning, growing, and improving oneself… What a waste of time that could be better allocated elsewhere.

Sometimes people do as they wish without the need of criticism of others.

• I like the meta-game of avoiding your own teams careless attacks.

It adds some excitement playing on pubs knowing that you need to carefully position yourself and move out of danger of your own vanguard as he charges up to “help”.

• @JHoersten2:

@President_Barackbar:

I’ve come to learn that it isn’t all that helpful.

Playing video games isn’t all that helpful in the larger light of learning, growing, and improving oneself… What a waste of time that could be better allocated elsewhere.

Sometimes people do as they wish without the need of criticism of others.

I have literally no idea how that relates to what I said in the slightest.

• @President_Barackbar:

@DeminRamst:

Wrong direction. This bull egg will teach terrible habits, and divide the players or whatever. We need more 100% friendly damage servers, so people get properly punished for making silly, selfish, non-team-like decisions. Then they get hated, abused, kicked, and team killed. Learn to co-ordinate and time your swings to support each other in killing and pushing forward.

It’s attitudes like this that really scare me. Just because someone teamkills, as annoying as it is, doesn’t make it ok to team kill back or berate people. I know I’ve been guilty of berating teamkillers in the past, but I’ve come to learn that it isn’t all that helpful.

If I actually were on a battlefield and someone slashed me, no one would forgive that, least of all me. I can’t believe some of the noob moves people pull off, as if they can’t even move their swing away from me, or look at the ground, or hit q, or look at the sky… or never, ever charge attack >.>
    I should just stop playing MAA and main Knight or Archer so I can chill more.
    It’s not worth wasting breath on them except the ‘i don’t forgive you
    i’m coming’ crap I throw out there on occasion.
    But you’re right, I’m not justified (not being sarcastic).

• @DeminRamst:

If I actually were on a battlefield and someone slashed me, no one would forgive that, least of all me. I can’t believe some of the noob moves people pull off, as if they can’t even move their swing away from me, or look at the ground, or hit q, or look at the sky… or never, ever charge attack >.>
    I should just stop playing MAA and main Knight or Archer so I can chill more.
    It’s not worth wasting breath on them except the ‘i don’t forgive you
    i’m coming’ crap I throw out there on occasion.
    But you’re right, I’m not justified (not being sarcastic).

People learn eventually. Some people just aren’t that good at the game and it takes them a lot longer to learn this stuff. If we want Chivalry to continue to thrive, we should be patient with these players, as getting mad at them might scare them off and make our community smaller.