A Stupid Question Probably, But…

• I have a problem that many other people seem to have, in that whenever I try to start the game up, the banner pops up for a while but then everything crashes. I know that it most likely something to do with my computer, but I wanted to be sure. It was free to download on Steam and I wanted to try it out before I considered buying it.

My computer info is as follows:
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel Celeron CPU 900 @ 2.20 GHz 2.19 GHz
    64-bit Operating System
    2.00GB RAM

If anymore info is required for an informed reply, please tell me. Thanks in advance. :)

• @Quinn:

I have a problem that many other people seem to have, in that whenever I try to start the game up, the banner pops up for a while but then everything crashes. I know that it most likely something to do with my computer, but I wanted to be sure. It was free to download on Steam and I wanted to try it out before I considered buying it.

My computer info is as follows:
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel Celeron CPU 900 @ 2.20 GHz 2.19 GHz
    64-bit Operating System
    2.00GB RAM

If anymore info is required for an informed reply, please tell me. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Quinn!

Good thing that you tried it out first. Unfortunately Chivalry requires a dual-core CPU to run for the threading libraries and CPU extensions. Since you have a single-core CPU, you will not be able to play the game without an upgrade.

• Thanks for the swift reply! I’m guessing that such an upgrade is not something that can be downloaded over the web?

• @Quinn:

Thanks for the swift reply! I’m guessing that such an upgrade is not something that can be downloaded over the web?

Maybe in the future :(

• :( Ah well, never mind. Perhaps it’ll come out on a different platform in the future, like Xbox360 or PS3.