ARSENAL : What happened to the flail you promised?

• I just took a look at the new weapons page and didn’t saw the flail.

Did you decided not to include it? Or are there only a few of the weapons featured on this page?

Also a bit off topic, but will there be a way to have different looking armor for the same class?
    How far will the aesthetic customization goes for your character?
    If there are some customization, will they remain only aesthetic or will they have consequences in-game?

• Anyone knows?

• The flail isn’t in the game currently, not sure if the devs have any plans for it in future.

• awww really? But they spoke about adding it. If i remebr correctly i think i saw it in the previous arsenal pages.

Anyway, what about my second question?

• No flail???

That sucks.

• Here is a quote I got from this official website itself :

Players wield a gruesome assortment of medieval weaponry including swords, battle axes, longbows, flails and warhammers.

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/?page_id=101

So apparently they are still planned, which leads me to the idea that the arsenal page is still incomplete.

Can I have a confirmation from you guys thorn banner? :)

• Developer

Hey guys, we decided to cut the flail from initial release because it was taking too much time away from other things to get it working as awesome as it should. There’s two ways the flail can turn out, being a completely unique and complicated weapon like it is, it can either be awesome or terrible. We want it to be awesome. Look forward to it post release when we can give it the attention it needs.

• Too big sword? Flail too small!

• @Tyler:

Hey guys, we decided to cut the flail from initial release because it was taking too much time away from other things to get it working as awesome as it should. There’s two ways the flail can turn out, being a completely unique and complicated weapon like it is, it can either be awesome or terrible. We want it to be awesome. Look forward to it post release when we can give it the attention it needs.

Excellent! It’s exactly the answer I was expecting :)

As for my second question : what kind of cosmetics customization will be available for your caracter’s armor. Do you have plan?

For example : different heavy armor for the knight, different light armor for the archer…

• Developer

Our small team size prevents us from being able to provide as much customization in the armours of the characters as we would like. Again it is a decision of doing it right or doing it just to say we did it. We won’t be allowing armour customization in that manner because we don’t have the resources to do it right.

• @Tibberius:

Our small team size prevents us from being able to provide as much customization in the armours of the characters as we would like. Again it is a decision of doing it right or doing it just to say we did it. We won’t be allowing armour customization in that manner because we don’t have the resources to do it right.

Yeah it’s understandable. :)

But do you think it would be possible to see advanced customization post-release in the form of DLC and patches, if the game catches?

And will there be some purely cosmetic variations possible at release? Like different helmet design, the color of your armor…? And your character’s face?

• @akarnir:

But do you think it would be possible to see advanced customization post-release in the form of DLC and patches, if the game catches?

And will there be some purely cosmetic variations possible at release? Like different helmet design, the color of your armor…? And your character’s face?

I would hate color customisation.
    At best, the maps would be infested with rainbows, and expect some strange colors too…
    At worst, one might not even be able to tell in which team the guys in front of him are…

About the face…seriously ? Who could possibly care about that ? (you know there’s to be helmets in the game). And if it is implemented, expect contest of impossibly-strange-and-ugly-faces (like in M&B:W).

As for the armor variation, why not…but it could get confusing to tell the classes apart.

• @Chokey:

Too big sword? Flail too small!

Yes, I expect at least 1 taunt in the game to reference the lack of a flail.

• @akarnir:

@Tibberius:

Some different sets of armor, helmets, weapons or shields would be great imo. But about color customization, well, in old AoC, when someone suggested custom crests for shield, someone replied “Here comes the powerful knight, slayer of dozens, clad in the heaviest armor, with ur mom written on his shield”.

• @Wingy:

@akarnir:

@Tibberius:

Some different sets of armor, helmets, weapons or shields would be great imo. But about color customization, well, in old AoC, when someone suggested custom crests for shield, someone replied “Here comes the powerful knight, slayer of dozens, clad in the heaviest armor, with ur mom written on his shield”.

IF you limit the customization of the crest to the typical medieval motives, you will only see typical medieval crest. Take a look at WotR. I don’t like this game, but they successfully implemented custom crest, and it’s impossible to make an offensive one or weird one. You are limited to medieval stuff.

Amongst a same class, most armor set would look the same, but they would have some minor differences : one player could add a banner on it, or add some spikes on his shoulders, or some design for his bracers, a coat…