Joining passworded servers via console/link

• My server browser seldom works, so I’ve come to rely on console commands and the tremendously helpful official server list to play the game. This normally works fine for my purposes, but I would now like to join a friend’s passworded server. The server browser is blank as usual and trying to join with the steam overlay or console command will display this error message before redirecting me to the title screen; notably without prompting me to enter a password.

I’d like to know if there’s a console command I can use to enter the password, or if it is possible to incorporate it in the type of links from the server thread that look like this. steam://run/219640/en/85.236.109.3:7777

• @Torrenz:

My server browser seldom works, so I’ve come to rely on console commands and the tremendously helpful official server list to play the game. This normally works fine for my purposes, but I would now like to join a friend’s passworded server. The server browser is blank as usual and trying to join with the steam overlay or console command will display this error message before redirecting me to the title screen; notably without prompting me to enter a password.

I’d like to know if there’s a console command I can use to enter the password, or if it is possible to incorporate it in the type of links from the server thread that look like this. steam://run/219640/en/85.236.109.3:7777

Yep there is.

I believe from console you can do it like this:

open ipaddress:port?password=mypassword

If that’s wrong, it’s close. It’s been awhile. You can also do a link like this:

steam://run/219640/en/85.236.109.3:7777%3fpassword=mypassword

Or you can use our BBCode tag [serverpass] as such to create the fancy link like we use in the Official Server list:

[serverpass]85.236.109.3:7777?password=mypassword[/serverpass]

Further details can be found starting on page 3 of the Official Server list thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7082&start=20

• One of those ought to work, thank you.