The community is really this retarded?

• @Cpt-Praxius:

If you want a really immersive experience while disabling chat, type “togglehud” in the console…. it takes all the screen clutter off the screen, including chat… and your heath / stamina… and kill notifications… and objectives… Everything.

It’s just you, your weapons and the goons coming at you. 8-)

Oh… and crosshairs for aiming.

Sweet! Just what I was looking for. Thanks.

• No prob 8-)

• True, but you also forgot a group.

I didn’t, I simply was answering the OP’s question regarding immaturity. I’ve been in many places in many games. I even know a person who’s behaving like a kid despite being older (and I am not a very young man), so it isn’t about the age as such. I think people who swear and throw around cheat accusations are simply compensating for having a low self-esteem and need to reassure themselves by trying to “dominate” the battlefield. When they fail they try to blame anyone and anything else for their failures.

I’m not cheating, yet someone claims I am…. am I supposed to admit that I am cheating when I’m not so I don’t look like a cheater who’s denying they’re cheating??

Maybe the way out is by saying: “You’re right. Except the cheater part”. Sometimes it’s best not to take it seriously and mock it to show how absurd this is. Still, I think that when vote kicking “NO” should be true by default - people should have a motivation to change it to “YES”.

If you want a really immersive experience while disabling chat, type “togglehud” in the console…. it takes all the screen clutter off the screen, including chat… and your heath / stamina… and kill notifications… and objectives… Everything.

Thanks, I will try it. If I won’t see my life and stamina I will surely be more cautious in wasting it and - ironically - I was better at aiming with a bow without a crosshair back when it was a bit different one, so I’ll see how it’ll go with melee weapons. My only concern is parrying/blocking as you need to be really precise in order for it to be successful.

• @JHoersten2:

@Narfle:

Why am I even posting this, if he cant read then he cant read…

I’m questioning why you’re even trying to revive an argument you lost from pages ago. Stop trying to antagonize and go away already.

Some people dont think of arguments as a competition. Some people think of arguments as a way to reach agreement. That is very hard to do when confronted with someone who considers an argument a competition though.

Go away already? Seriously? That was your conclusion?

And (for the i-dont-know-how-many time) please stop assuming on my behalf, Im not trying to antagonize. I was showing you the exact place where you could see that you misread my post, if you equate that to “antagonizing”, then you should go into therapy. Yes, it was followed by a comment tainted with my sense of futility dealing with you, but try to look at it from my point of view. I already mentioned this before, just to have it entirely ignored and have more poo slung at me while I was told why I said what I said and why I think what I think, with a microscopic basis for doing so. How would you react?

@JHoersten2:

go away already.

@JHoersten2:

go away already.

Just for the hell of it, lets try shaping a community that WONT turn people away from it. If you like the game and you like Torn Banner, then this is a very beneficial thing to do for them. It will make it easier for their game to succeed. If you have personal issues (im not saying you do, im saying in the rare case that you do, this is just a general comment that can be read by anyone, who can then consider it), then this isnt the best place to deal with them.

Consider this, we are in a thread called “Is the community really this retarded?”. The thread talks about how some people are a tad displeased with the community. Is this really the best place to sling poo? When I was displeased with the community, I went to the forums and tried to find the appropriate place to post. It is highly likely that others would do the same, if they had similar problems. What sort of impression do you want them to get, when they do so? An e-peen screaming match or a constructive dialogue? One WILL cost players and probably have already.

All Im doing is trying to appeal to your sense of decency.

• Can’t we all just get along…. snif

• Proof positive about how retarded many players are including long standing clan members… I was accused of cheating and I had to go to great lengths to prove my innocence. In the process we discovered a huge bug in the game where possible players that have over clocked systems could have big speed advantages in the game. Thus they could be accused of cheating when they are not. But even with all the video proof I presented and the bug we found, there are still players that think I was and still am cheating… Retarded.

• Seems to me like an isolated incident… If that’s the first time it’s happened to you, that is. This type of thing hasn’t happened to me yet, but if it did, I’m sure I’d be pretty pissed of, too. If possible, I suggest finding a group of people to play with that aren’t a bunch of derps.

• @Ryuzaki:

Seems to me like an isolated incident… If that’s the first time it’s happened to you, that is. This type of thing hasn’t happened to me yet, but if it did, I’m sure I’d be pretty pissed of, too. If possible, I suggest finding a group of people to play with that aren’t a bunch of derps.

It really isnt. I dont know if im a jackass-magnet or what it is, but it seems like every 2nd or 3rd match is ruined for me by some twat who wants to TK me in spawn.

On that note, is there any ETA on that update where team damage is listed on kickvotes? Feels like its becoming more and more relevant with every denied kickvote of an obvious TKer. And -especially- the “TKers” who just go for covering an ally in blood and then holding off attacks. The game feels way too troll-friendly at the moment.

• @Narfle:

On that note, is there any ETA on that update where team damage is listed on kickvotes? Feels like its becoming more and more relevant with every denied kickvote of an obvious TKer. And -especially- the “TKers” who just go for covering an ally in blood and then holding off attacks. The game feels way too troll-friendly at the moment.

Out nao! :D

Patch Notes: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9587

• Sometimes I just lose my appetite for this game when it seems that there isnt a single server where the chat is not full of trash talking, boasting&bragging, screaming OP on whatever… and more.
    I know this is not something devs can do anything about but it really ruins the mood for me some times.

• It happened to me one time that 2 archers with javelin took me as their “teamhit prey”, throwing me javelins and leaving me with 5/10% HP left, when i tk’d them both they started crying in chat “OOOh why did you kill me??” and “I did nothing to you!!” and other 10 years old excuses. Players trusted 50% me and 50% the others two, so nobody get kicked. Since that they started trying to get into my fights vs the enemy to hit me again, so I started to lure them into enemies. SInce they didn’t care for the enemies but only me, most of the times got killed by the enemies instead of tking them. This lasted for all the evening.

TWO REAL MORONS. The kind of people I’d drive over them with a truck then go backwards just to be sure they left this world.

• I don’t play with chat so sorry if I voted it down. The chat is usually filled with retards so I always have it disabled, and the vote kick is always auto press delete button anyway, unless the guy in question has 100% team damage or 6000s idle time.

• Same here - chat box disabled as it’s much better to just play the game (usually nothing worth attention can be written) and with the improved vote kicks (team damage, idle status) you still can get some idea if you want to support the kick or not.

• How do i disable the chat :O

• Main Menu - Configuration - Input - set “Disable Chat” as “true” (option is at the bottom of the screen).

• @Holy.Death:

Main Menu - Configuration - Input - set “Disable Chat” as “true” (option is at the bottom of the screen).

thanks alot kind sir

• If your have a mic quickly explain your issue and most people will think.

Also friends are good too.

My friends voted no and stopped me from getting kicked we all asked why the team tried to votekick me even though I told them I did nothing. No one typed anything, they just left. 8-)