Have you guys considered contacting Bethesda?

• The next Elder Scrolls would hugely benefit from the combat style in this game. Have you guys considered contacting them to see if you guys could come on board and maybe even make a multiplayer version of Elder Scrolls?…or maybe even help out on the Elder Scrolls MMO and not make it “just another WoW”?

• It wouldnt fit elder scrools, because the key of combat in chivalry is that you can die from few strikes, so you need to spend time blocking, strafing, feinting, etc. Imagine this kind of fight when you have to hit enemy 100 times like this to kill some kind of boss…

• ESO is not just another WoW.

• @micsun and saone

I agree with micsun. The Elder Scrolls games are great, but the combat engine is boring. I would much rather hit a boss 100 times while using a fun combat engine, than hit that boss a 100 times using a boring combat engine with little depth.

• I am seriously surprised nobody has made a Chivalry style combat system mod for Skyrim already. It would suit it perfectly. I’ve put many hours into Skyrim, then stopped playing once I got Chivalry. Every time I try to go back I instinctively try to use Chivalry combat mechanics.

• I think it would be suicide for a studio who’s released one game to attempt an MMO…

• The Elder Scrolls series are just fine as they are, sure the combat becomes a little dull sometimes but the story and world etc makes up for it. This combat engine would become equally dull if you’d have to hit some beast 70 times with a dagger, repetitiveness is just boring, whatever combat engine/technique/ style you use.

I also think the killmoves make up for it a lot, they’re quite awesome especially with the Dance of Death mod

• Jup, this style of fighting works well when you’re facing off in man to man combat with another.

Wouldn’t be as fun when you’re just bashing whatever enemy in sight, be it man or beast, that isn’t going to fight against you skillfully in the same way back.

• Fighting bots in Chivalry is boring as hell and that’s what combat would be like in Elder Scrolls if you just transplanted the system. There’s already awesome combat mods out there, go mod your game! That’s what Elder Scrolls’ greatest strength is.

• @micsun:

and not make it “just another WoW”?

For the record, World of Warcraft is just another Everquest.

• I’d love the next Elder Scrolls to use Chivalry style melee combat. Zelda started using directional swings years ago and did an amazing job of it. There’s certainly no controller restrictions either, Chivalry has great controller support with buttons to spare.

I tried getting back into skyrim during the steam winter sale, but it was so hopelessly dull playing as a melee fighter I gave up after floating through a single dungeon.

• Chivalry game mechanics would be so nice for Elder Scrolls Online since they set a high value on the PvP gameplay but based on everything I heard so far melee combat will be more like what Skyrim was and maybe a bit more traditional MMO like…

I don’t know which MMO game will be the first one to pick up directional combat in a good way but it will certainly come…

• @Siegbert:

Chivalry game mechanics would be so nice for Elder Scrolls Online since they set a high value on the PvP gameplay but based on everything I heard so far melee combat will be more like what Skyrim was and maybe a bit more traditional MMO like…

I don’t know which MMO game will be the first one to pick up directional combat in a good way but it will certainly come…

HOORAYYY. MAJOR IMPROVEMENT IN MMOs.

• hi,
    Bethesda software made a game that has unplayable quest glitches.I love skyrim game. Bethesda games have always had bugs because of the massive size of most of their games and Skyrim is no exception.One of the big problems is the graphical issues with the Xbox 360 version of the game when installed.

• you can forget bout it. bethesda is not going to change their concept (as anyone else would) at that late state guys. i mean that would not only cost millions it would also be risky.

sure there is this community (which i belong to too) where they want skillbased “realistic” and breathtaking fast paced funcombat. but most of the tards out there want this usual 5 hour waiting potion here numpad macro mashing wow bullshit. sure they going to sell what they think makes most profit.

edit: take a look at that: www.embersofcaerus.com they promised A LOT and im certain they will fuck up as all mmorpgs of today. (it will take at least 3 years till you see alpha - beta stuff)