Blocking

• Here is i how i think blocking could work
    When player starts blocking, a imaginary point is drawn ( A), when the player moves the mouse while blocking, the new position of the weapon is crossways from a line drawn from starting position (A) to new position (B) of the cursor. B is then the central point of the weapon instead of A. when mouse is moved horizontally, the character rotates as well, so the weapon moves at double speed horizontally.

here the graph explains it
    So what do you think of this idea yay or nay?

• wat?

• So the tip would always be in the same place, and u would just turn ur arm in a circle? My call is nay, AND TC has already settled with an combat mechanism, i doubt they will change that. (I had the expression that they already have a mechanism CBA?)

• I also think they already have a mechanism ready.
    And yea, the idea isn’t great, and I can’t really see how it’s gonna improve the game. :|

• Nay

• here is some additional detail :
      the character rotates during blocking only when (disregard what i said earlier) the weapon is at a max direction horizontally(centre of weapon B is at the edge of the imaginary circle) and cursor is further moved, then it drags the starting point A with it towards that direction, and rotates the character as well. so that when you were facing north when you started blocking, and now facing south, you wouldnt need to rotate back to north before you can centre your weapon.

the point is that its better than up down left right blocking and more complicated than current aoc blocking. i cant imagine any other way but i would be eager to see it :)
    @WerQ:

So the tip would always be in the same place, and u would just turn ur arm in a circle? My call is nay, AND TC has already settled with an combat mechanism, i doubt they will change that. (I had the expression that they already have a mechanism CBA?)

it isnt really it is an example drawing. if you block towards right it moves too since the tip is facing up

• Well I think the blocking mechanism should be better than in AOC. Cause it was horrible in it. When you have to learn to click the block button right at the point the guy is suppose to hit you was retarded and unrealistic.

Active blocking should be implemented. if the shield is in front of the guy when the sword hits you even if the block button is not down, it should block. If the sword hits the place where the shield is even when the player is not blocking, it should be blocked.

I get killed so many times still because the guys attack hits me a little slower than normal because he lagged or slowed down and I had just let off the block button and it hits me.